Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, DennisNedry said:

Let's get Roy Keane.

Yes, we'll be relegated with him, but that's going to happen anyway.

At least Keane will give the players the hairdryer treatment and tell them what a bunch of useless tossers they are. He'll make them earn their £100k a week for a few weeks. 

Keane would be the exact opposite to what we need. The lads need inspiration not being told they’re fecking useless! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

You know the club is a shambles when a player has to publicly ask the board to do their job, genuinely can't believe the incompetence.

Screenshot_20230410_083328_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sorry but the headline is nothing to do with what he actually says in the article about a new manager. He talks about the games played since Rodgers was sacked, and mistakes and being jaded, but this is all that's said about the new manager:

If the manager comes in – I’m sure there will be an announcement this week – hopefully he will have a plan for us and we can follow his plan. And as I said before, as players, our job is to go out there and perform on the pitch"

It's nowhere near as bad as made out. Just a snippet or soundbite of a headline. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CloudFox said:

To be fair, it's probably somewhere in the middle. Our board weren't sure about Marsch, so silly dallied. Marsch wants a long term contract and we aren't prepared to commit to that.

If we're not invested in the coach we're hiring, they're going to feel the same way right back.

...more likely we insisted that he gains promotion back to the Premier league next season, else we have the right to terminate his contract!!!

It sounds as if we were putting too many barriers in Marsch's way for next season.

At this moment we need to write this season off (as previously stated by @Matt at the start of this season) and draw up a list of potential candidates, which they should gave done previously. Any phone calls should stipulate we are talking about competing in the Championship,  see how many foreign managers would baulk at the proposition. Who ever agrees that it would be a project they could work with, are then interviewed. 

Granted not being in the Premier League makes recruitment difficult, but we need to apply some form of professionality to this situation. 

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

So we’ve been rejected by Ted Lasso? Maybe he saw the supporter backlash and didn’t want the job? 

I get the impression he knew we were looking at someone else and he wasn’t first choice. He probably rejected us to save face.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Keane would be the exact opposite to what we need. The lads need inspiration not being told they’re fecking useless! 

They've been used to being told by Rodgers all season that they're playing well, been unlucky, too good to go down, etc. 

Was semi joking to be fair, Keane isn't a good manager is he 😂

Once the board kept Rodgers after the last international break, the decision should have been to stick with Rodgers.

It was far too late to find another manager at that point. BR was shambles last year, don't get me wrong, but as leadership goes sometimes no decision is the best decision at the time no matter how loud the opposition from fans.

They should have come out with a statement of confidence and just said it's BR no matter what, back the team.

Anyone thinking first-team coaches or any senior players would help see this out are way off base. There are power dynamics at play; coaches are friendly with players and often good cop to the manager's bad cop. Players respect each other for their play and support/motivation; nobody will listen to another player for tactical advice on how we should play; this isn't Sunday League. 

In the end, I'll support the team and players; it's incredibly difficult to focus when there's no direction from leadership, and it's tough to come together when there's no plan; it's been every player for themselves. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

what gets me about this is that surely the board could see that we were on a downward trajectory for ages, and that even if they didn't plan on sacking Rodgers today yesterday tomorrow, it was a likely scenario all the same.

how have they not lined up potential replacement(s) ?

Bet the house On a dead cat bounce that the caretakers could see us through until the end of season and now they are bang out of options.

1 hour ago, Safestandingfox said:

Hope it's Dean Smith, reasoning is 2 fold; 

1: should bring Shakey with him 

2: I've got a fiver on him at 66/1 

After all what is good enough for Villa and Norwich is ....oh wait.🙄

Guest bennytwohats
2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Jesus looking at that graph again is just absolutely dire, how the hell did fans take SO LONG to understand how much trouble we were in? 

We need to get away from this notion that the fans are the ones who should be understanding this and are somehow to blame for us delaying over Rodgers. It's up to the people that run the club to be across these things and make tough decisions, not the fans. 

Edited by bennytwohats

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

The more I look at it, the more I blame the board tbh. Rodgers should go 18 months ago and there is plenty of evidence for the board to do something. Do I blame him for not quitting? No, we paid him handsomely, why should he? I would stay until I was sacked for the money, loyalties aside. 

You’re completely right. It really is mad that they thought this was okay. They were asleep at the wheel for the last 18 months :(

34 minutes ago, JamesWelshFox said:

MON to end of season. Pearson after that. Don't understand the Pearson haters on here, if you give him control of the project he will move it all back in the right direction and we might actually have a fully fit squad for a change. Bristol City have done exactly that and they are moving in the right direction under Pearson. Surely we can offer him more than Bristol City (no disrespect intended to them at all).

Forget Pearson he has already said he is fully committed to his role at Bristol City, I am proud of what I achieved at Leicester but that ship has now sailed, its all history, he is building a pretty good team, his project could bring a promotion push next year.  

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Peter schmeichel doesn’t strike me as much of a coach ….l

I don't know about his tactical nous but he clearly is an inspirational leader - which might be enough to get a reaction from the players. 

And I meant Kasper.

Edited by stourbridgefox

3 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

We need to get away from this notion that the fans are the ones who should be understanding this and are somehow to blame for us delaying over Rodgers. It's up to the people that run the club to be across these things and make tough decisions, not the fans. 

Just to clarify I don’t mean that the fans should be analysing graphs etc, but what I meant is that this graph is just evidence of what so many of us on this forum have been able to see for 18 months but in graph form, it just blows my mind that the LCFC fanbase backed him for so long. If the fans had realised just how awful we were we might have been able to pressure the board to sack him months ago, but instead they were just waving and clapping week in week out whilst we produced absolute dogwater on the pitch. I just cannot understand how fans were not seeing just how bad we’ve been, or if they could, why they kept backing him.

• Like 1