Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, nathan. said:

I want Hutter out of that list

The more I look into him the more he’s moving up my list to be honest. Lack of prem experience is a big risk and not sure if he would command respect as soon as he walked in, but long term I think he would suit us. 

As the Board don’t seem to be able to organise the proverbial p*ss up in a brewery it makes it even more important we find / recruit a strong, developing manager to control / organise the entire football side of the Club like Pearson did before. Rafa could do that.

I find it hard to believe MON was ever a serious option.

Who knows?

Options now look limited.

There was talk of bringing in an experienced coach to work alongside SAS but who would that be? 

Do we stick with SAS in the hope things are turned around and it's the cheapest option with them both already employed?

The most likely scenario is see now is Smith till end of the season with 12-24 month option for him if he keeps us up.

If he does keep us up he would be seen as a saviour so fans would probably accept him.

It's so late in the game now I see no other alternatives but who knows? Maybe they have something kept hidden all along. 

I just don't see it though.  

1 hour ago, bennytwohats said:

Right, but you're looking back with the benefit of hindsight. I think it's wrong to say that people who didn't want to sack Rodgers couldn't understand how bad we've been, a lot of people expected an improvement and didn't want us to be the kind of club who sack a previously successful manager at the first bad run of form. Over time that argument held less and less weight which is why you saw bigger portions of the fanbase a) accept we weren't going to get back to the high notes of Rodgers tenure, and b) accept that we needed to sack him. I'd also say hindsight has proved the Rodgers out crowd to be right from early on, but I don't recall a single argument that was made that was pulling together graphs like this and showing the decline with analysis - the reasons people wanted him gone were because 'I just don't like him and nothing will change that' and 'he's got chapped lips and claps', so let's not pretend that the Rodgers in crowd were all burying their heads in the sand whilst everyone else was sitting on the sort of analysis we are showing here.

For me the right time to sack him would have either been around September after the Brighton loss or after Blackburn dumped us out the cup. With Brighton I think there was the genuine mitigant against his name that he hadn't been backed in the summer. After the Blackburn game that excuse has gone and it was clear there was no way back, it was also early enough that we wouldn't be in the mess we are right now. Like I say, I know hindsight isn't kind to this view, but I stand by the fact that had we sacked him 18 months ago it would have been premature.

There’s been plenty of us for a long time highlighting major concerns such as;

- The mentality of the squad

- Whether the injuries could be entirely down to bad luck

- Recurring issues (defending set pieces until Knudsen arrived) and being easy to play through

- Often scoring with pretty much all our shots on target. People said it’s good to be clinical but it masked an issue with creativity and put too much pressure on the likes of Vardy and Nacho to put away chances coming their way or the likes of Maddison and Barnes to produce moments of magic all the time.

Whether that’s been constantly shown via graphs etc, there’s definitely no hindsight involved. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Who knows?

There was talk of bringing in an experienced coach to work alongside SAS but who would that be? 

Do we stick with SAS in the hope things are turned around and it's the cheapest option with them both already employed?

The most likely scenario is see now is Smith till end of the season with 12-24 month option for him if he keeps us up.

If he does keep us up he would be seen as a saviour so fans would probably accept him.

It's so late in the game now I see no other alternatives but who knows? Maybe they have something kept hidden all along. 

Would MON with Shakey not be an option I'm really not keen on Dean Smith.

As already mentioned we need a manager who knows how to run a football club, the board are completely inept and I.npw realise our success has been more luck than judgement.  Rafa or smith it is 

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Who knows?

That is also the dangerous option and I can’t see that working. 

You’re right though, who on earth would want to come in and think they can change things in 8 games?! 8 games isn’t enough to correct the things that are major issues in the team

3 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

It should ALWAYS have been a caretaker, who was got in before the Villa game.

Then if we stayed up, i’d have gone and given Potter or Frank everything they ever wanted to bring them to the club.

.. that would have been what was offered to Rodgers when he agreed to come here, he could see how naive the whole place was!!!

If we go down this route again, we would not have learnt anything!!!

Bringing back Macia and Idiakez should be our first task. People who know about and understand the game worldwide and people with a vision and can build systems and structures to make this club what we set out to achieve, sustainable. 

No more taking advice from the incumbent hierarchy, that has somehow managed to relegate the club, in a season when the league is so dire.

Rafa is the “safest” option in a world of our own making, with absolutely no safe options.

The only sensible course if we lack the ambition / research / plan of getting a young successful manager currently performing miracles abroad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Who knows?

I think the push for MON was because of his record for motivating a group to perform at the top of their capabilities and accepting no sh*t - which given the level of underperformance of this group are qualities needed to turn us around.

that and the dearth of managers available.

Even by interim standards Stadler and Waldorf look completely in over their heads.  Unless you're just going to flat-out give up on surviving you have to bring in some sort of actual manager, no matter how unappealing.