Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest bennytwohats
1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

It’s not hindsight though, look at the graph, so many of us on this forum could see what was happening on the pitch, the graph just puts it into perspective of how awful it was yet fans on match day were clapping and cheering it. 
I agree the graphs were made with hindsight in that respect because obviously the results just accumulated and spiralled and that’s when people typically start to graph this stuff out to pinpoint exactly where it went wrong. And I understand the point you make about the weight of the argument to keep him declining. But for the first 6 months of decline I can understand people wanting to give him a chance to turn it around, but there were just so many mistakes mate I think after 6 months of the club falling apart on the pitch should have been a hell of a warning sign. Another 12 months without any booing or making voices known vocally on match day is just inexcusable really. FT was the only place that was actively pointing all of this out even 2 months ago, hell 6 weeks ago the boos were about 50 people it was embarrassing. I can understand it being hindsight regarding these graphs being made, but many people on this forum didn’t need graphs to see just how bad we had gotten but for some reason that didn’t seem to be a majority view until the last 2 months or so, which is probably part of the reason this incompetent board/ownership didn’t pull the trigger earlier. It’s easy to give a manager more time when there’s no public pressure. 

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here. My feelings are different. I support the club, and when I turn up that’s what I’ll do. I loathe the booing that’s crept into football - to me it’s symptomatic of a culture of entitlement and I want no part of it. It doesn’t mean that I’m happy about what I see, but I’d express it very differently.

I’d also dispute thats the job of the fans - ultimately we’ll never know but I can sit here and argue maybe we wouldn’t look like such a shell of a team right now if we didn’t have our best players being lynched on social media for bad performances and we got behind the team regardless.

So don’t conflate a lack of protest with support. People choose to express themselves differently, but I doubt you would have anyone argue that the past two years have been what we hoped for or expected.

2 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

Not sure what we can offer Rafa that wasn't enough for Marsch. Id think that Rafa would want more than just 8 games, and guarantee of funds for a rebuild 

Perhaps we're more willing to give Rafa a longer deal as he actually has experience and has had success in The Championship.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, nathan. said:

I want Hutter out of that list

Hütter is Palace bound by the looks of things over here.  He wants to coach in the EPL not the EFL.   Saturday´s car crash plus the Palace result have done us.   Rafa it is,  I reckon.

54 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

**** that! The entire ownership/board are on a major brain fart. Get someone in now to at least try. 

After the farce with Marsch we don't want Top making long term decisions in the middle of a mental breakdown. 

The problem is who is gonna come for 7 games? They're gonna be asking for a 2/3 year deal, so we're then stuck with them next season.

3 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

If this is supposed to comfort fans, it is doing the opposite 

...it is about time someone stood up and publicly criticise the club and asking for leadership!!!

It might have even been better if the skipper had spoken to Top regarding Rodgers tenure at the club.

This is exactly what we want to see,  someone holding the people that are in charge feet to the fire. At long last it seems like someone cares.

1 minute ago, bennytwohats said:

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here. My feelings are different. I support the club, and when I turn up that’s what I’ll do. I loathe the booing that’s crept into football - to me it’s symptomatic of a culture of entitlement and I want no part of it. It doesn’t mean that I’m happy about what I see, but I’d express it very differently.

I’d also dispute thats the job of the fans - ultimately we’ll never know but I can sit here and argue maybe we wouldn’t look like such a shell of a team right now if we didn’t have our best players being lynched on social media for bad performances and we got behind the team regardless.

So don’t conflate a lack of protest with support. People choose to express themselves differently, but I doubt you would have anyone argue that the past two years have been what we hoped for or expected.

Yeah agree to disagree, don’t get me wrong though I was not trying to conflate lack of protest meaning they all supported him. 
But silence is indirect support. It’s the old saying “if you are neutral in situations of injustice, then you have chosen the side of the oppressor” 

you may not agree with that, but I mostly do. 
fans that said nothing whilst watching the club burn had a small part to play in not stopping this circus from turning into the dumpster fire it is now. I don’t want to see booing, but if it meant getting Rodgers out whilst the board were asleep, it needed to happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The problem is who is gonna come for 7 games? They're gonna be asking for a 2/3 year deal, so we're then stuck with them next season.

This concerns me. The people being looked at (Marsch/Rafa) I just can’t imagine having the appetite for the championship.

I would have more respect for the club if they just showed some forward planning and looked at long terms options that can lead a rebuild in the way Pearson and Puel did and yes, that is up for leading the way back up.

1 minute ago, LVFox said:

As big a name as we could hope for right now. I'm not utterly excited by it but he's tactically very good and we may need that to unravel the mess left by Brendan.

Agree. Get behind him but move Sadler & Stowell out of the way for this fight. They are done.