Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

I  am available and will do it for the remaining games - My approach is to play the ball forward - and if there is no pass on then to put it into the corners and have a race.  Barnes on the right so he can get to the byeline - Tete on  the left ditto.  Nacho, mendy and ndidi to start very game

Edited by foxinsocks

9 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I think Rafa would be the best and safest choice. Has a wealth of experience, has managed in this situation before but he can quickly organise a team and firstly make us hard to beat. 

He will command respect from the players. So might be a quicker turnaround than someone they don’t know/not sure on. In our current situation, it’s what we need. Not long term though. 

Rafa is perfect right now, gives us best chance of staying up, has the reputation, if we went down he has the know how to get us back up, and if we stay up he can build and stabilise a team. Not the end goal manager if we wanna be competing at the top again but a great appointment !!

• Like 1

Just now, Tomlcfc133 said:

Rafa is perfect right now, gives us best chance of staying up, has the reputation, if we went down he has the know how to get us back up, and if we stay up he can build and stabilise a team. Not the end goal manager if we wanna be competing at the top again but a great appointment !!

Cheers Rudders...

Jesus I really hope I’m wrong about Rafa. All of the data I’ve seen just screams snooze fest, I don’t think he’s tactical approach will keep us up either. He relies heavily on competent defenders and direct attack. So rely on Amartey and Souttar at the back to put together fast side to side passes under pressure, then completely bypass Maddison with a direct pass upfront. 
At Newcastle they were they had the 2nd most passes in the league (mainly sideways) and were the 2nd most direct team in the prem behind Burnley. 

If Rafa can adjust his snooze fest style to suit our current squad, it might work. But I really don’t fancy him to give us a decent rebuild. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

This concerns me. The people being looked at (Marsch/Rafa) I just can’t imagine having the appetite for the championship.

I would have more respect for the club if they just showed some forward planning and looked at long terms options that can lead a rebuild in the way Pearson and Puel did and yes, that is up for leading the way back up.

Rafa's done it before - he will have staff members who know how the division operates and how to properly plan a 46 game season 

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Jesus I really hope I’m wrong about Rafa. All of the data I’ve seen just screams snooze fest, I don’t think he’s tactical approach will keep us up either. He relies heavily on competent defenders and direct attack. So rely on Amartey and Souttar at the back to put together fast side to side passes under pressure, then completely bypass Maddison with a direct pass upfront. 
At Newcastle they were they had the 2nd most passes in the league (mainly sideways) and were the 2nd most direct team in the prem behind Burnley. 

If Rafa can adjust his snooze fest style to suit our current squad, it might work. But I really don’t fancy him to give us a decent rebuild. 

Always thought he adapts his style to the situation he’s in. Which we’ve needed for a long time. You can’t coach Liverpool and Real Madrid with boring football! 

• Like 2

Just now, jayfox26 said:

I'd take Benitez. Cant judge him on his time at Everton as he was just a Liverpool agent sent to sabotage them 🤣

He got 14 points from the first 7 games there- repeat that and his job is done.

• Like 2

Just now, AjcW said:

Always thought he adapts his style to the situation he’s in. Which we’ve needed for a long time. You can’t coach Liverpool and Real Madrid with boring football! 

This is true but it was a long while ago those clubs. His time at Newcastle where he could have built a different style, he didn’t, he doubled down and made them massively negative. 
Newcastle fans loved him because of bringing them back up and stabilising them under the mess of Ashley, which to be honest is what we need now. 

But if he tries to recreate his style at Newcastle, I won’t be very interested personally. 

With that said though, he’s clearly the best chance we have of staying up this season. 

• Like 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Rafa's done it before - he will have staff members who know how the division operates and how to properly plan a 46 game season 

Fair enough. Don’t get me wrong, I respect his achievements in the game and he seems like a decent likeable bloke. If he is good with a rebuild and up for it then he’s the best option available.

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

More like a taller version of Ant and Dec !

...I really belive Sadler is the problem in that duo!!!

Take him out and Stowell with Evans might be a more appropriate fit. Sadler is far too influenced by Rodgers style of play and decision making, very like Rodgers hasn't left with Sadler pulling the strings.

• Like 1

Only issue will be if he's on a long deal and manages to keep us up, which as it stands is probably a decent issue to have. Don't think we should be building around him long-term should we stop up.

I'd back him in the Championship infinitely more than Marsch though, don't want to trot the "knows the league" cliche out but someone who knows how to manage a squad going for promotion in a long season like that is worth its weight in gold. 

At the very least we should have some semblance of organisation about us and the bloke doesn't seem like a complete gimp.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Can't believe people are saying no to him, we'd be lucky to get him for the final 8 games, nevermind a season in the Championship.

Absolutely this. Although don’t trust Rudkin and Whelan one little bit that they won’t screw it up. 

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

This is true but it was a long while ago those clubs. His time at Newcastle where he could have built a different style, he didn’t, he doubled down and made them massively negative. 
Newcastle fans loved him because of bringing them back up and stabilising them under the mess of Ashley, which to be honest is what we need now. 

But if he tries to recreate his style at Newcastle, I won’t be very interested personally. 

With that said though, he’s clearly the best chance we have of staying up this season. 

Worth remembering that Newcastle squad was shit, he got them up and finished tenth.

• Like 2