Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I have little time for supposed ITK and same goes for you (nothing personal) 

But, based on logic,. probability and educated guesses, I think your summary makes absolute sense. 

No problem mate. I'm the same with a lot over the years. 

I haven't taken the people involved seriously until now. They've got the last signings(which I didn't share) and the BR sacking, and day correct with details. 

Only sharing the info I have. If it's bullshit, they and I look like a cvnt. I am anyway so it's cool with me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

He'll be catching goal kicks into touch this time

Better then BR not saying permanent manager think he's strong headed and like by the player and fans so if he's got the right badges why not? If not bring him back so he can learn under the new manager 

9 minutes ago, Verumex said:

Everyone seems to be forgetting that we have 8 players out of contract and a likely Maddison sale in the summer.

Whoever comes in will take control of a massive rebuild, whether that's in the PL or the Championship. 

While the panic is obviously on our position and the hope to avoid relegation, it might be more prudent to get in a manager who would be good at building a new project. Worry about the long term, not the short term.

Also have to think about the financial hit of relegation in terms of job loss at the club, wouldn't you? Big Boy decision coming up and there's no obvious path.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I agree, it’s just a huge gamble

Anything is a gamble really, with what, 10 games to go? Very little time for anyone. What you can say about Potter is he appears to be fairly rational and sensible, however…. Failing at a huge club can ruin managers. It would be a real test of his character if he chose to come here after such a disappointing spell at Chelsea. 

One positive is he is young enough to have the right mentality. 

Either way, this is a move that should have happened 18 months ago, the options are limited and the risk Great for any appointment. I think it’s literally a case of make a decision and hope it works out.

20 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Cambiasso why!?!!??!?!? WHY!?!??!!!! On what basis!?!!!?

He’s extremely knowledgeable, a proven leader, knows our club, knows what it takes to get out of a relegation scrap, and would have the instant respect of any dressing room. 

He’s been linked to the Argentina u23s and Inter for a reason. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Is the third man Mickey Adams?

Could be! 😂

I have no idea at present. No name on 3rd.

I'd imagine if that's the case, it's shite and underwhelming for all of us. 

They "think" it's probably the caretaker role for the people now until end of season but that is a complete educated guess from them. 

1 minute ago, mod hero said:

They tried to get him before Sven. Long time ago now though.

At the recent Q&A he said it was for the best not to go back to a Club where he has good memories and enjoyed great success.

Would take him on a short term deal but not sure his heart would be in it

Just now, The_77 said:

He’s extremely knowledgeable, a proven leader, knows our club, knows what it takes to get out of a relegation scrap, and would have the instant respect of any dressing room. 

He’s been linked to the Argentina u23s and Inter for a reason. 

And what managerial experience does he have?

3 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Also have to think about the financial hit of relegation in terms of job loss at the club, wouldn't you? Big Boy decision coming up and there's no obvious path.

All very true. I don't envy those having to make the decisions on what to prioritise. 

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

gladly hire him as DoF or something given his talent ID wasn't half bad

but please don't let him coach a football team again

Sack Rudders, hire Puel?

Wouldn't help us with the manager situation at all, but that would be a fun move.

Not convinced with Potter at all. Think he’s got massive rep points in the media for what he did at Brighton but was it really that impressive? The club is run well, they recruit well, he got them playing decent football… but it feels too much like Rodgers again to me. Need to move away from it, especially in the short term - doesn’t strike me as the man to make us solid and get the points to stay up 

• Like 2