Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Dean Smith appointment smacks of, "we're already down, let's not spend too much and get someone who's been successful in the Championship."

Not even Villa fans would define his time there as such. Sacked twice and we want to stay up. Jesus wept. 

This shows where we are.

Literally as an interim with the goal of better coach / up and coming European one at the end of season is the only one I can accept this as a stop gap. But I don’t trust the club to do a such or get anything right. 

Alas, if he actually makes pragmatic changes we still have a small chance. 

This all goes down to waiting too long to fire the guy who was obviously (except to our beloved Top) dragging us down to the Championship.  Look at all the names that have come off the board since we should have fired Rodgers this season (not even factoring he should have been fired before it started) - really good managers.

• Like 1

Just now, CastagnesLasagnes said:

I think people are completely missing the point - if he's happy to come in as an interim and walk away in the summer if we want him to, we've both got nothing to lose, win win in a lose lose situation tbh 

You trust this board not to keep him around in the Championship?

Honestly this is disturbing. The story about Jesse Marsch and "championship strategy" is correct then. Reading between the lines the club will basically have no money and no players in the event of relegation. Marsch and Rafa have clearly told LCFC that taking this job on with  PL survival / Championship promotion expecting fans is suicide.

I don't actually mind the idea of Smith and Shakespeare at all. But it feels like a step towards financial ruin to me.

1 minute ago, CastagnesLasagnes said:

I think people are completely missing the point - if he's happy to come in as an interim and walk away in the summer if we want him to, we've both got nothing to lose, win win in a lose lose situation tbh 

I think they’d keep them two on in the championship regardless. 

The lack of accountability/foresight  is a joke. DoF seems to be immune to the footballing adage that “it’s all about the results”. 

A cynic could argue that it’s not in his interest for the DoF to appoint a manager who will challenge and question him. Hence this appointment. 

There is nothing to suggest this appointment will turn out well. Add to the fact that the club needs an unprecedented rebuild, which will define our club for several years to come, the future doesn’t bode well. 

Just now, Lesta Legend said:

Not even Villa fans would define his time there as such. Sacked twice and we want to stay up. Jesus wept. 

This shows where we are.

Literally as an interim with the goal of better coach / up and coming European one at the end of season is the only one I can accept this as a stop gap. But I don’t trust the club to do a such or get anything right. 

Alas, if he actually makes pragmatic changes we still have a small chance. 

To be clear, I'm not saying it's a good appointment by any margin. Like you say, we should be  appointing someone to keep us up..

• Like 1