Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Dean Smith as in failed to keep Norwich up Dean Smith? 

Dean Smith who then got sacked by Norwich in the championship Dean smith? 

Christ this is making me yearn for Jesse Marsch 

This. Somehow Leicester have managed to make me feel even more depressed about the team and club and we’re not even playing!

3 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

In a way Smith did keep a shite Villa team up and Shakey is a club legend for me as part of the Pearson regime and assistant when we won the Premier League. 

Would prefer to Marsch to be honest. 

How much money did it cost Villa under Smith just to scrape by and stay up? We’re doomed. 😂

I agree with you, I’d prefer Jesse Marsch or even Delia Smith over Dean Smith. 

6 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

In a way Smith did keep a shite Villa team up and Shakey is a club legend for me as part of the Pearson regime and assistant when we won the Premier League. 

Would prefer to Marsch to be honest. 

Hopefully we can have the same kind of luck to keep us up that Villa got

A camera angle behind Orjan Nyland's goal appears to show that the whole ball has crossed the line

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, frany104 said:

I’m actually ok with this. Smith and Shakespeare will do a better job than what we’ve been getting served up. They will install some passion and fight and it’s only till the end of the season. If he keeps us up people will be saying it’s a master stroke. If he doesn’t, we get a new manager in next year. 

get behind them. 

Your deluded 

no chance do they walk into this training ground or dressing room and have any impact at all

it needs someone with a strong character and track record 

We should be giving Rafa whatever he wants - it’s the only option that could keep us up or bring us back guaranteed - I think we are done but Rafa would sort us for next season if he couldn’t keep us up

• Like 1

I can sort of see the logic.

It at least looks as if we've tried to steady the ship with an actual manager rather than stay with the caretakers.

We can reassess in the summer and bring someone in who we haven't panic appointed to lead the rebuild.

I imagine the recruitment team have earmarked a number of targets (League dependent) that are geared towards BrendanBall™ rather than MarschBall™. Maybe they'll take the time to find a manager who fits those targets rather than start months worth of scouting from scratch.... maybe.

Edited by 21st Century Fox
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Dean Smith as in failed to keep Norwich up Dean Smith? 

Dean Smith who then got sacked by Norwich in the championship Dean smith? 

Christ this is making me yearn for Jesse Marsch 

I know it's underwhelming if we're on the lookout for another pedigree boss and find ourselves with Smith. Yes, shades of Bassett arriving when we hoped for Graham or Redknapp, and we consoled ourselves that the assistant might be alright. But I'm not sure anyone could have saved us then either, and there are many other times in our history when the less spectacular of two options has been the right one. So who knows?

On the plus side, we don't necessarily need the best boss going. And it'd be at least a decision that you could make some sort of sense out of. Smith kept Villa up on the last day of a season (as he did with a lower league club, I think, when they'd been seriously cut adrift), and led them to better things. He got their promotion. He's built competitive squads. He brings someone who will know the club and many players well, and who has kept us up as boss in the past. So on paper it looks like a better option than Marsch and he doesn't seem to be demanding the same sort of contract as him (and, possibly, Rafa - who, for balance, has also been relegated from this league, and from a better position than ours).

Besides, it's all just speculation (or have I missed something else?!). Second round of talks with the two options that, I've thought for some time, were among the better shouts given our predicament. None of the options will be perfect, and we can all come up with a pretty solid case for any of them going wrong. At least there's a chance now of something going right.

6 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Everyone has to remember that Benetiz and Marsch will be long term appointments. We can’t afford to hire someone for 3 years that isn’t right and isn’t someone to lead the rebuild.

Smith and Shakespeare will be for 8 matches only and a big improvement on S&S. We then reassess in the summer and choose from a bigger, better pool of managers that will better suited the rebuild and the league we are in.

It’s a sensible move. I just wish we’d done it two matches a go.

It's really not a bigger and better pool if:

1. We're relegated

2. We have a lack of funds 

• Like 1

I don't see that we have any other option? We are looking at someone in the interim, and it seems no one wants to do that? I'd rather these two than SAS. We will probably go down even if we had Klopp. This way, we can get someone new for the championship....I think Rudkin needs to go. Top pays him to deal with the side of the business that is not his forte, and he has failed massively, and not for the 1st time. We probably have a 20% chance of staying up, and that is being generous, but after the SAS team selection on Saturday, we need someone that at least is a manager.We've gone from M&S to Poundland...very sad!

• Like 2

So essentially, we have the Plan B of Smith and Shakespeare ready and in place while we work on Plan A, which is to convince Rafa to come here. Which he doesn't seem mega-keen to do.

Is that how anyone else reads it?

• Like 2

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

So essentially, we have the Plan B of Smith and Shakespeare ready and in place while we work on Plan A, which is to convince Rafa to come here. Which he doesn't seem mega-keen to do.

Is that how anyone else reads it?

Not quite, I think this must be Plan F or G.  Or actually, it's an illustration that the word "Plan" isn't in the club's vocabulary.