Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

So essentially, we have the Plan B of Smith and Shakespeare ready and in place while we work on Plan A, which is to convince Rafa to come here. Which he doesn't seem mega-keen to do.

Is that how anyone else reads it?

There's no plan.  It's just reactive scraping the bottom of the barrel.

The Championship is a tough league, full of hungry and desperate teams.  We'd better have a plan in mind by the summer or we're looking at another relegation scrap.

1 minute ago, nnfox said:

Not quite, I think this must be Plan F or G.  Or actually, it's an illustration that the word "Plan" isn't in the club's vocabulary.

You know what I mean though. Smith is the back-up if/when Rafa decides he'd rather chop his own knob off than take this job.

2 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Not quite, I think this must be Plan F or G.  Or actually, it's an illustration that the word "Plan" isn't in the club's vocabulary.

Bloody hell, reading that I'm starting to think we've got Ferrari's race strategists running us

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If it's only 8 games then fair enough but I'm convinced they'll end up giving him a 3 year deal.

Smith until end of season then Rafa would be fine with me, even if we do go down.

That’s pointless?  May as well go rafa now - he won’t take a championship club on anyway 

1 minute ago, FoxOfMelton said:

So it's between Rafa and Dean ****ing Smith, and we're choosing Smith?

I just can't be ****ing arsed anymore. 

It’s not. Rafa is a long-term appointment, Smith is interim. Very different strategies.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I think Rafa was plan A

potter suddenly became plan A for an hour last Sunday 

we were unable to convince Rafa to take the job on our terms in any case 

last week we spoke with smith and Marsch 

on the off chance that we stayed up, Marsch was considered the better bet but we wanted the option to terminate his deal at the end of the season with bonus caveats - he wasn’t keen so we pulled the plug on him but he also didn’t want to proceed on our terms 

we went back to Rafa to see if we could negotiate something …….. Unable to 

left with smith 

Great take on it, wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’d played out exactly like this 

Just now, jv1 said:

Surely we trust Romano over ornstein- am I missing something?? An hour ago Romano says Rafa- how the actual **** have we ended up with dean smith - what is going on here 

Ornstein is probably the best footy journo out there? Fab is just Twitter famous…

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think Rafa was plan A

potter suddenly became plan A for an hour last Sunday 

we were unable to convince Rafa to take the job on our terms in any case 

last week we spoke with smith and Marsch 

on the off chance that we stayed up, Marsch was considered the better bet but we wanted the option to terminate his deal at the end of the season with bonus caveats - he wasn’t keen so we pulled the plug on him but he also didn’t want to proceed on our terms 

we went back to Rafa to see if we could negotiate something …….. Unable to 

left with smith 

Think this set of events are pretty likely actually.

If we stay up, I think we will have better options, but that is a big IF after how bad and how little fight we had on Saturday. 

I’m holding out for us being keen on Rafa and getting the deal done. 

If that wasn’t the case. smith becomes our manager days ago - he’s a fool without any options, what is there to negotiate. If we get him, we go down. It’s a cheap option.

If Top learnt anything from his father (which is doubtful), he gets rafa

• Like 1

I know this won’t be popular but I do think this is probably the most sensible thing the club can do, way more so than Marsch. Fairly low cost, brings familiarity with him in Shakey. Could do a job in the championship but allows the club a get-out if we do stay up. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Surely we trust Romano over ornstein- am I missing something?? An hour ago Romano says Rafa- how the actual **** have we ended up with dean smith - what is going on here 

I think Benitez is talking to Romano. Ornstein is just parroting whatever Tanner is saying as they both work at the Athletic.

Rafa knows we're weak and is pushing for as much power as possible (maybe a DOF and Manager role) he's always wanted as much power as possible at a club.

The club are using journos with a LCFC links to scare him into lowering his demands. 

But Rafa's no fool.

Edited by Guesty
  • Like 2