Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

If that was by the function of having a third choice keeper turn into a modern day Dino Zoff, I'd agree 

Thought they nullified us in the first leg

Although they were the worst side we played in the league that season.

Just looking for small positives 

Why we are not going for Shakespeare on his own is a mystery to me, given that he won his first five games when he took over, is exactly what we need at this point. We in the last chance salon and of last the options available to us or seems we are prepared to take.

The ideal situation would be Conti on interim contract but that's never going to happen 🤣

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This will be unpopular but Dean Smith has achieved as much in the game as Nigel Pearson, in fact Nigel never got a PL team to finish 8th or get to a domestic cup final.

He's shit the bed since Grealish has gone and was an abomination at Norwich (like Pearson was at Derby and Leuven) but there'd be plenty on here who would eat anthrax if it meant Pearson came back to try and save us.

Smith is nothing special but he's the only one willing to take it until the end of the season as our board are incapable of scouting dynamic and progressive managers looking to make the step up. 

I don't mind this after taking some time to reflect, but that's probably an indictment on the truly awful position we are in and we are all but relegated. 

Give em hell Dean.

I love big Nige, he did alot for this club but his tactics in 14/15 was like pulling your own teeth, just absolutely clueless. I can't rememebr the game when he adopted 5-4-1 and had a medium of success with it as Cambiasso just floated balls over the top for Vardy (televised game , the team pushed high), but then he played it every game after against teams that played low block and we had no outball, but he wouldn't change it. Then he froze Albrighton out for a long period when he was clearly what we were missing, I wouldn't be surprised if Cambiasso wasn't responsible for our run in form that season tbh

• Like 2

Just now, southfox66 said:

Why we are not going for Shakespeare on his own is a mystery to me, given that he won his first five games when he took over, is exactly what we need at this point. We in the last chance salon and of last the options available to us or seems we are prepared to take.

The ideal situation would be Conti on interim contract but that's never going to happen 🤣

that team had deffo downed tools. I don't think same can be said for this team

8 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

The reason we’re going for Shakespeare on his own is because he isn’t a manager!!!! Might as well employ me. 

4 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Shakespeare got a reaction because the squad was still mostly Pearson’s and he reverted things back to that mentality. It got an initial reaction but he isn’t a manager.

This current crop of players wouldn’t give him the time of day on his own. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

He’s far better than the only other short-term option which is Stowell and Sadler.

Is he though? I don't think he is :dunno:

More of a more expensive way of not improving anything (although thats not a shock given recent events) 

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

If he keeps us up I can fully see our lot fancying keeping him

I can’t see it. It’s obvious that they are desperate for a short term option for a reason. I imagine they feel confident that in the summer if we stay up they may be able to attract one of there preferred options such as Potter or Frank.

• Like 1

Just now, Ricey said:

I can’t see it. It’s obvious that they are desperate for a short term option for a reason. I imagine they feel confident that in the summer if we stay up they may be able to attract one of there preferred options such as Potter or Frank.

I can see it, tight arses

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Is he though? I don't think he is :dunno:

More of a more expensive way of not improving anything (although thats not a shock given recent events) 

Have you watched the last two matches? No reaction, bizarre team selections and a decision to back off and defend in two winnable home matches.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd not be surprised to see them receptive to some honesty and humility, as opposed to the utter pony Brendan Rodgers has been bombarding them with.

We are where we are, I think short term it has a chance of working.

I'd rather have had Dean Smith and Shakeu for the Villa and Bournemouth games.

This week has been a massive gamble by the club.

We could have been in a decent position to escape the drop with 3 or 4 points from those two home games.

• Like 2