Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

I think given the situation it has to be potter or benetez for me. Potter because he’s a long term appointment and obviously it wouldn’t take long for our squad to adapt to his style as it’s pretty similar to what we have already been doing. 

Rafa if he turns us down for 2 reasons, the first is just that simply I think he keeps us up. I think if he ends up at forest, they won’t be going down either.  The second reason is because he showed with newcastle that not only he was willing to go down to the championship but he was more than capable of leading a club to a promotion push. He would be as good as we could get if we went down so with one eye on a negative outcome, we could do a lot worse. 

• Like 1

Jonny Evans till the end of the season, anyone? 

we won’t get a quality manager in until our future is secured. Even then, they’ll want massive funds in the summer for a rebuild.

Can you imagine how raging Celtic fans will be if we Nick another manager off them? lol

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

It is going to be Benitez. Sorry to disappoint, but that is the most likely by far. 

I think I would take him at this point. I know his last job at Everton was bad but that was never going to work out for him. He might be able to get us organised and fighting and that's more than what we've had lately. Like Rodgers, he is a self-preservation artist and that is something we would need to accept. 

46 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He wanted the saints job if they got relegated. 

I think as an interim, he's got merit. And it's possible he has merit in leading us in the championship, should the worst happen. 

I don't know his game or his CV. But his vibe is exactly right.

His vibe is Ted Lasso

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

He has now

He wont come though, no point in him risking 9 games with us and a potential relegation on his CV when he can chill out with Reims until the summer and probably get a good move then

...sounds as if West Ham has one hell of a safety net with this bloke!!!

If it was possible, it sounds like we would be second choice at best to land him.

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I think I would take him at this point. I know his last job at Everton was bad but that was never going to work out for him. He might be able to get us organised and fighting and that's more than what we've had lately. Like Rodgers, he is a self-preservation artist and that is something we would need to accept. 

Benitez until end of the season, and Potter/Frank major targets in the Summer, with dare I say, even Poch a possibility IF he gets overlooked once again for Spurs/Chelsea jobs. We just need a new manager bounce right now and somehow get us to the summer, and our options could be vastly better. 

Potter leaving Chelsea has fallen right into our lap, but like a few others have pointed out, I wouldn’t feel ecstatic if we did end up appointing him.

His possession based football can be just as boring as Rodgers. Don’t forget his Brighton side were booed off at certain points of his tenure. Now he’s coming off the back of a disastrous stint at Chelsea, boring possession based football mixed with constant overthinking of team selection. If he was to install his overthinking mode with us then he’d take us down.

He’d be an appointment that many would look at as sensible, but after Rodgers & Puel, I’d rather we moved away from a possession based manager. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Potter would be hated on here as much, if not more than Rodgers. His style of football is even more sideways and back than Rodgers, take a look at recent Chelsea games (and some of Brighton's) for proof. He's also pretty gormless and not the type that will shout from the sidelines or kick players up the arse. At Brighton he did get them playing great stuff by the end, but his successor IMO took his squad and showed him how he should have been using it. Look at the embarrasment of riches he had at Chelsea and lack of not just results, but performances. When Rodgers was at Liverpool he had them within 2 games of the title, Potter couldn't even get Chelsea to have a few good games where they looked great.

I'm not saying we need a passion merchant, but Rodgers biggest weakness was not being able to get players into line through discipline or motivation. Great when things are going well, but poor when they are going badly. Potter is the same, if not worse. 

The one thing I would say about him is IF we survive this season (I personally don't think we will), then he would be a great manager for a rebuild. Given our expectations would be pretty low next season, he would be the type to gel new players and get them playing some cohesive football again, assuming there are no expectations whatsoever other than to improve the style of play and stay up. 

I think Leicester's most favourite managers have been those that connected with the fans. O'Neill, Pearson, Ranieri in my lifetime. Rodgers, even when playing great stuff never connected with the fans. I think it's an important facet to have, as keeping the fans onside spurs on the players. Who do I want? Don't know to be honest, but I'd rather we tried someone fresh from the continent, who has some charisma about them and realises the importance of the fans, without thinking they are above us.

MON was great for us and was always destined for better things. But he never talked down to the fans, even though he was too good for us. 

Potter’s team actually create great chances, unlike Rodgers. The issue is that they can’t put the ball in the net - which is worrisome because it’s happening at Chelsea, too. I think xG loves him.