Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, koop. said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Although I agree it was time for him to go, an FA Cup, Community Shield, two 5th place finishes, and a European semi final is hardly a loser for a manager of Leicester! 

But then again we won the league and therefore we have a given right to be top 4 every year right?

Cry more

We're 19th, not 8th

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

Benitez is the best of a bad bunch on that list. Iirc he was the second option when Puel was sacked.

He would have relegation fighting experience and play defensive football that suits our slow centerbacks. He's pragmatic so he would mould the team to get the best out of Ihenacho and Barnes on the counter. Would keep us up imo and if he didn't he wouldn't mind going down either.

My worry is the board gets carried away and gives him the long term contract he doesn't deserve and can't handle.

He can't build a team he is a not a long term manager. It will eventually go to shit under him. He hasn't lasted longer than 2 years in a job for 13 years and when he did last longer he left at Newcastle due to fighting to board for much control something we learned was bad to give managers under Rodgers. 

Potter is shit. Plays boring football like Rodgers. Is stuck in the 2010 tikitaka era when times have moved on. His teams can't finish and he otherthinks games which will kill us in a relegation dogfight. If we bring in Potter I reckon we go down.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he came to the KP for a draw when we were at our worst!!!

Who wants a manager who does not believe in his team, lots of talent and flair and he came for a draw, he is not for us.

Fair enough, I'm not exactly staunch in this opinion on Vieira. 

I'm now thinking left field, cambiasso could be worth a shout? Enough pull to being good players? 

Not sure about to the end of the season, but not got a clue on that part anyway.  Would have felt better if they let Lars knudsen take the lead in the caretaker role, but fingers crossed his involvement will be felt and the caretaker/thank **** he's gone, impact alone could be enough. 

Plus the twelfth man effect cos I'm buzzing for tomorrow now. 

• Like 1

Dave bassett/mickey Adams type approach with NFP and cambiasso. 

NFP to keep us up, then move into proper DOF role, finally ****ing off Rudkin. 

Steve Walsh to sit in as head of transfer side again, Pearson to rebuild the medical, physio, sports science and run our club from the top in terms of culture and set up, leaving the tactics to the coach. Giving Cambiasso first crack (here's hoping it was Cambiasso effect during the great escape, combined with NFP at the helm.) 

Something different and exciting. None of the same old, with recent failures on the merry go round. He who dares rodders. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

So who would you want? 

Urs Fischer 
Christian Streich
Glasner
Marcelo Gallardo 
Niko Kovac 

Gerardo Seoane
Arne Slot
AVB
Kompany
Amorim
Favre

Will Still

Copying someone elses list here but they have acheived 10x more than Potter for example who's greatest achievement is scoring high on the Xg table. 

I would take AVB. Got shafted by Marseille for not wanting to sign oliver Ntcham but turned out to be correct because he was shit.

Urs Fischer has Union Berlin in 3rd and did a wonderful job too.

Much better than Potter who spent half a billion on dross and couldn't get Chelsea into the top half.

Or Benitez who bought Dimi Gray to Everton and got sacked in months. Mind you he would keep us up but would be terrible long term. 

Edited by Fightforever

56 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You wonder if the timing of Brendan and Potter is a coincidence, or planned……

We know the club have liked Potter, what seems like a knee jerk reaction could be a reaction to that? Perhaps they caught wind that Chelsea were planning on sacking him and decided to act?

Wouldn't surprise me if we put the feelers out there on him and Chelsea perhaps tipped us off.

Seems too coincidental.

17 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Why on earth in his and our current situation would he want to jump ship and come here?

Why on earth would MOST Managers want to come here in our situation.

Talk of the Brentford boss etc coming here is stupid- WHY would they?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

Ambition 

Not with this timing though. Most managers would at least want to give it a go with the team they have been promoted with. There’d be plenty of Premier League jobs come up next season if he wanted to jump then.

Also Burnley are literally more likely to be in the Premier League than us next season!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Benitez is the best of a bad bunch on that list. Iirc he was the second option when Puel was sacked.

He would have relegation fighting experience and play defensive football that suits our slow centerbacks. He's pragmatic so he would mould the team to get the best out of Ihenacho and Barnes on the counter. Would keep us up imo and if he didn't he wouldn't mind going down either.

My worry is the board gets carried away and gives him the long term contract he doesn't deserve and can't handle.

He can't build a team he is a not a long term manager. It will eventually go to shit under him. He hasn't lasted longer than 2 years in a job for 13 years and when he did last longer he left at Newcastle due to fighting to board for much control something we learned was bad to give managers under Rodgers. 

Potter is shit. Plays boring football like Rodgers. Is stuck in the 2010 tikitaka era when times have moved on. His teams can't finish and he otherthinks games which will kill us in a relegation dogfight. If we bring in Potter I reckon we go down.

Will be interesting to see is Potter wants to walk straight into another job.

Assuming he doesn’t I can see Rafa getting the call based on his experience and getting a club out of the Championship. I imagine he would want a longer deal than 10 games - so would expect an 18 mth / 2 yr deal if he comes.

Not too keen on his style of football but I don’t think we will have lots of options this season and it’s too great a risk to give it to Stowell for the next 10 games.

Guest Col city fan

I do have to admit that the club situation at the moment isn’t too appealing.

League position, seemingly not too much in the transfer kitty and it’s likely we’ll lose Tielemans, Maddison etc in the summer.

Also, many players out of contract. It isn’t the same situation we were in, say, three or four years ago.

The club HAS been run down to some extent. Any potential manager will know that.

Benitez has been linked nearly every time we've needed a new manager, not sure if we should be reassured it's just the same old usual guff or scared that finally we'll turn to him as we are desperate.

There's far worse appointments than him, but I'd be absolutely amazed if he came and that the fans would take to his football for longer than is necessary (the rest of this season).

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Benitez has been linked nearly every time we've needed a new manager, not sure if we should be reassured it's just the same old usual guff or scared that finally we'll turn to him as we are desperate.

There's far worse appointments than him, but I'd be absolutely amazed if he came and that the fans would take to his football for longer than is necessary (the rest of this season).

I can see the Club  giving him the call. He wants to get back into management apparently and has shown he is prepared to coach in the Championship.

Am sure he would insist on minimum 18 mth / 2 yr deal tho. No 10 game deal / break clause.

8 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Neil Lennon till end of season then assess

...at this moment we are all sounding desperate,  we do not have to go to such lengths to fill the role!!!

The problem with leaving the removal of Rodgers so late now dictates and reduces our options. If we are looking for the short term fix then I would leave Stowell and Sadler in place for the run in.

No more carousel of failures or unrealistic managers. Our options will become clear once we secure ourselves in this league for next season, and that is when we need to reset this club and regain our identity. There are very good managers out there who could suit us and be attainable. Slott would be a good option along with a few more from overseas, but JDT (Jon Dahl Tomasson) could be the  not so left field enlightened choice. If you can coach a team, to be that brave on the ball, when under pressure, while so young, then we would have an exceptional manager and a refreshing approach for this club.

John Dahl Tomasson getting mentions based on one match against us is typical Foxestalk. 

We are too much of a risk for anyone with a good reputation, until the summer. 

If a short term manager comes in l, and we stay up, I don't trust the board to see the bigger picture and say thanks for your work but we have someone else in mind. 

Short term has to be either a coming towards retirement manager or a coach that is happy for a temp role.