Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

I'd take Hassenhutl for the 10 games. Think we can now see that he did a decent job with Southampton, as they're a lot worse off without him. Then give it to Potter in the summer to start the rebuild.

Not going to happen, obviously, but that would be my preference.

If I could choose anyone, Thomas Frank would be the man.

• Like 1

Seems to me we go short term til the end of the season with a massive bonus for keeping us up or a contract to the end of next season with someone who can do a good fist of keeping us up and build in the prem or Championship next year. We are not an attractive proposition to any ambitious manager at the moment so we need to be pragmatic in the appointment - fgs no long term contracts and if we do stay up fgs don't  extend the contract!

Anyone saying Hassenhutl is not allowed to contribute, three Southamptons from in and around the 9-0 squad would be a joke.

Also, if we get Lampard or Gerrard I’m staying away from the club. Neither manager has a clue and I’m not putting my money into tickets for their dross.

Marsch would be my top pick, think he has the ability to rebuild a squad and get them playing exciting football. He didn’t do great at Leeds but he’s got great pedigree, and walking into that job was incredibly hard given how the club had essentially been rebuilt to suit Bielsa.

Also, realistically relegation’s a serious possibility now, if we do sign someone they’d need to be willing to put the hard graft in next season and Marsch will do that. 

Edited by ScrumpyJack
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

John Dahl Tomasson getting mentions based on one match against us is typical Foxestalk. 

We are too much of a risk for anyone with a good reputation, until the summer. 

If a short term manager comes in l, and we stay up, I don't trust the board to see the bigger picture and say thanks for your work but we have someone else in mind. 

Short term has to be either a coming towards retirement manager or a coach that is happy for a temp role. 

If there is a clear and obvious improvement tomorrow and Saturday, they might just stick with Stowell and Sadler until the end of the season then try to recruit Potter then. The trouble is, a number of other clubs may also be trying to recruit Potter in the summer...

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Anyone saying Hassenhutl is not allowed to contribute, three Southamptons from in and around the 9-0 squad would be a joke.

Also, if we get Lampard or Gerrard I’m staying away from the club. Neither manager has a clue and I’m not putting my money into tickets for their dross.

Bring him in and first game he starts Bertrand and Vestergaard 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

If there is a clear and immediate improvement tomorrow and Saturday, they might just stick with Stowell and Sadler until the end of the season then try to recruit Potter then. The trouble is, a number of other clubs may also be trying to recruit Potter in the summer...

we require a rebuild in the summer 

If we stay up then we are a good place for potter to come to 

mind you, if we go down then we are also a good place for potter to come to 

I think we need to let Stowell & Sadler see things out for the rest of the season. Unless we lose our next two in which case we will have to make a panic appointment.

We’ll be a much more attractive prospect in the summer assuming we are able to stay up.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Potter might view that differently.

Just now, shiv said:

I think we need to let Stowell & Sadler see things out for the rest of the season. Unless we lose our next two in which case we will have to make a panic appointment.

We’ll be a much more attractive prospect in the summer assuming we are able to stay up.

Unfortunately I think you're right. We've left it that late we simply don't know which league we'll be in so the pool of managers will look completely different. Shambles really

3 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Imagine ruling out Ralph and then saying Marsch was the ideal choice? That seems completely nonsensical.

Hass couldn’t build a brothel in Amsterdam, we all saw how he did with his tenure at Southampton. I’d rather we went for a manager with potential rather than a Rodgers repeat.

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Potter might view that differently.

I’m not sure he would

he's a midlands fella and seagrave is a pretty good place to work 

we don’t have a history of hire and fire 

he may find the idea of replicating his Brighton job quite attractive 

8 minutes ago, shiv said:

Stowel the goalkeeping coach does not fill me with any confidence that he can motivate the players. Ward always looks like an unfit pudding who has not been trained properly

• Haha 2

My concern with Potter would be that he would be without Paul Winstanley who was pivotal to him at Brighton as Head of Recruitment. Winstanley has followed him to Chelsea but will no doubt stay there.

Potter is working with Chelsea to ease the transition (basically he's going to help Bruno who is the interim manager), so he won't be available until Chelsea appointment a new manager anyway.

Just now, st albans fox said:

I’m not sure he would

he's a midlands fella and seagrave is a pretty good place to work 

we don’t have a history of hire and fire 

he may find the idea of replicating his Brighton job quite attractive 

I think the question is does he think he can do better than us.

if we can show we remain ambitious/ he will get funds and - most importantly- time then I think he could be persuaded.

1 minute ago, Claridge said:

Stowel the goalkeeping coach does not fill me with any confidence that he can motivate the players. Ward always looks like an unfit pudding who has not been trained properly

Don't think we can blame Stowell for us lashing out £11 million squidlers on someone else's 3rd or 4th choice keeper, that was just bizarre and the fact he is a useless fat lump is hardly Stowell's fault

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The big concerns over Potter for me are 1. The results De Zerbi has got with the same side that Potter toiled with in the previous seasons. 2. The fact that he sees Cucurella as an actual option as a centre back (or even as a starter in any position for Chelsea.) 3. The nagging feeling that he is Rodgers mkII - a manager happy for his team to retain maximum possession without ever looking like they are going to do much with it. 

• Like 2