Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

My concern with Potter would be that he would be without Paul Winstanley who was pivotal to him at Brighton as Head of Recruitment. Winstanley has followed him to Chelsea but will no doubt stay there.

Potter is working with Chelsea to ease the transition (basically he's going to help Bruno who is the interim manager), so he won't be available until Chelsea appointment a new manager anyway.

I think the easing transition bit is comms fluff to make the departure look more amicable. 

However, he may have been put on some form of gardening leave. 

If I was Potter I’m not sure I would be jumping at the chance to manage a club in freefall to the Championship. 

Still wouldn’t shock me if we go for an interim till the end of the season.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Hass couldn’t build a brothel in Amsterdam, we all saw how he did with his tenure at Southampton. I’d rather we went for a manager with potential rather than a Rodgers repeat.

I’d argue Hassenhutl did a better job at Southampton than Marsch at Leeds. He kept a poor Southampton side in the league for years, they’ve recruited so poorly for so long. Only last summer did they bring in some players with good potential but the rest of the squad bar JWP is gash. 

Marsch spent loads of money to implement his style of play and it failed dramatically.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Not sure about Potter,. He's had just as bad a time lately as Rodgers. His style of football is similar to Rodgers imo and some of the excuses for Chelsea's failure this season can also be likened to Rodgers.

I don’t think Potter’s style is all that similar to the Toadstool’s, really.  His teams are quicker on the ball and have always been good at creating chances, which under Rodgers we decidedly are not.

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

Benitez is the best of a bad bunch on that list. Iirc he was the second option when Puel was sacked.

He would have relegation fighting experience and play defensive football that suits our slow centerbacks. He's pragmatic so he would mould the team to get the best out of Ihenacho and Barnes on the counter. Would keep us up imo and if he didn't he wouldn't mind going down either.

My worry is the board gets carried away and gives him the long term contract he doesn't deserve and can't handle.

He can't build a team he is a not a long term manager. It will eventually go to shit under him. He hasn't lasted longer than 2 years in a job for 13 years and when he did last longer he left at Newcastle due to fighting to board for much control something we learned was bad to give managers under Rodgers. 

Potter is shit. Plays boring football like Rodgers. Is stuck in the 2010 tikitaka era when times have moved on. His teams can't finish and he otherthinks games which will kill us in a relegation dogfight. If we bring in Potter I reckon we go down.

I agree with this. Everton was bad but it was never going to work out for him. It hostile for him there before he even took the job. He got off to a decent start but he was only a couple of bad results away from it turning toxic. 

I also recall very vividly Benitez bringing his Newcastle team to our place on a Friday night and completely outclassing Rodgers tactically.  

• Like 1

Just now, BenTheFox said:

I agree with this. Everton was bad but it was never going to work out for him. It hostile for him there before he even took the job. He got off to a decent start but he was only a couple of bad results away from it turning toxic. 

I also recall very vividly Benitez bringing his Newcastle team to our place on a Friday night and completely outclassing Rodgers tactically.  

Benitez took over Newcastle in a similar position to ours now, if not better, and still got relegated.

He has been a good manager but I wouldn't want him now. Plus the style of his football is negative so I can't see how that appeals to people who criticised our football this season.

Rodgers outclassed Pep once, doesn't mean I'd want Rodgers over Pep.

3 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I wouldn't be disappointed if it was.

I just think his best days are behind him. Good manager for a long time but the game has moved on. Wouldn't excite fans or players I don't think.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 2

Would be happy to be proved wrong but my instinct is to avoid potter. 

Would rather have someone the players don't know much about, will add initially to their desire to impress whereas an established EPL manager who has done the rounds could just become stale very fast. 

Someone doing well abroad on a tightish budget would be my ideal candidate. These players are completely void of confidence and we need someone to shake things up massively. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Don't think we can blame Stowell for us lashing out £11 million squidlers on someone else's 3rd or 4th choice keeper, that was just bizarre and the fact he is a useless fat lump is hardly Stowell's fault

well it is if he is paid to train the useless fat lump. Least he could do was get him fit

2 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

How about Rafa with Still, short term with Rafa to keep us up, and longer term plan for Still to take over in a year or so. Succession planning; new idea in Football I know.

These dream team fantasies that fans have almost never happen in reality.

Edited by ClaphamFox

3 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

How about Rafa with Still, short term with Rafa to keep us up, and longer term plan for Still to take over in a year or so. Succession planning; new idea in Football I know.

Still isn't coming to be a number 2 when doing such a good job he's going to have a lot of interest. 

There is a chapter in a book called Edge about Potter and his methods.

As well as tactics, a big focus for him is culture and unity. He’s a very bright guy and innovative. And also seems he has got some charisma about him behind the scenes. 

However, I get the feeling his methods work best with players that have less inflated egos that he can mould. 

That helps to explain his struggles at Chelsea and success at Brighton. He did start strongly at Chelsea, it’s clear the players need a fresh voice. 

• Like 1

Potter builds teams, seven months ago I'd have been delighted if we'd landed him.  If he could have done a similar job here to the one he did at Brighton and previously our future would be looking a lot more secure by now.

Unfortunately we don't have time for that now.  We did an individual who can man manage and inspire to get the best out of a group of players that have the talent to avoid the drop.

26 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Stowel the goalkeeping coach does not fill me with any confidence that he can motivate the players. Ward always looks like an unfit pudding who has not been trained properly

What does Stowell have to do with Ward being overweight? lol 

Stowell has been with the club since 2007 so clearly has had involvement in our promotion to the PL, the great escape, the title win, the FA Cup win and our challenges for Europe. He’s coached arguably one of our greatest ever goalkeepers and doesn’t have a bad record as caretaker (unbeaten in 8, 5 wins 3 draws). 

• Like 4