Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

24 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

If we go for interim until end of season id love to see Martin O'Neil back on the touchline.....for me he would ignite the fire and passion amongst players and fans alike

I get the sentiment but none of the leicester players are die hard fans that supported through the O’Neil years in the 90s. There would be no fire or passion at all in my opinion.

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

I get the sentiment but none of the leicester players are die hard fans that supported through the O’Neil years in the 90s. There would be no fire or passion at all in my opinion.

It would mean literally nothing to our current crop of players. Plus, O'Neill's last successful stint as a manager ended in 2010. What would make anybody think he's suited to what we need right now?

The most talked about options seem a tad uninspiring. Potter struggled to get Brighton scoring with pretty much the same squad that de Zerbi has and Rafa’s teams are just dull to watch 

How depressing that we left it this late 😞 

I’d give Stowell tomorrow night before we panic. If he can ignite some passion in the players we could go on a run. We only need to win 3/4 games and we’re probably safe. We could easily win the next two and be half way there already. IF we did win the next two I’d probably leave Stowell in charge for the last 8 and just deal with this search properly in the summer. I think it has to be Potter in the summer. Anyone denying that is delusional. He was set up to fail at Chelsea. You see the job he did at Brighton and you can’t tell me that he couldn’t achieve something similar with us. 

Edited by Jakemoore
  • Like 1

Guest Mee-9

Has to be Potter.

I don’t see why other people aren’t convinced. It’s clear that some of those signings at Chelsea weren’t his. Plus you don’t sack Tuchel for Potter. It would be like replacing Klopp with Rodgers. Nonsensical. 

He should have stayed at Brighton this season and consolidated his reputation. 

Wouldn’t mind Thomas Frank too, as I feel he’s in the same mould. 

5 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

I feel like interim managers are like swap deals, often talked about but rarely ever actually happen. There's such a small pool of managers willing to take a such a short term role.

Offer big Sam a sack of money and as many pints of wine as he can consume and I bet he'd take it.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I’d give Stowell tomorrow night before we panic. If he can ignite some passion in the players we could go on a run. We only need to win 3/4 games and we’re probably safe. We could easily win the next two and be half way there already. IF we did win the next two I’d probably leave Stowell in charge for the last 8 and just deal with this search properly in the summer. I think it has to be Potter in the summer. Anyone denying that is delusional. He was set up to fail at Chelsea. You see the job he did at Brighton and you can’t tell me that he couldn’t achieve something similar with us. 

He can't achieve something similar with us.

There!!...said it!

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

I don't want Potter here for the last 10 games. He doesn't strike me as a manager with great authority. We need someone to get under the skin of our players and ignite some fight. 

Yeah I'm not keen on him full stop, only thing I think he may be good for is the rebuild but not our current situation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I don’t understand people saying how we’ve left it too late. We win tomorrow and we go about 8th or something.

Yeah, but its a big IF though isn't it!!!! ffs. Far too late. Should never be in this position. It's mental

I’ve woke up this morning feeling like Stowell and Sadler might just be the men to bring the boys back together… get playing to Vardys strengths and let our main man finish his Leicester fairytale firing us to safety… I have no idea why I feel this as he’s been pony for a while but I’ll put it down to struggling to stay awake whilst we piss about at the back with the ball before losing it

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

If we are waiting till the summer we should be going for Thomas Frank not potter 

In an ideal world I'd love Potter here asap. In reality, if I were him there's no way I'd take it. He looks like a broken man and if I were him I'd book a nice holiday (guessing he can now afford it), recharge my batteries and see what's available in the summer. Not sure the Chelsea stint has damaged his reputation really so he's not going to be out of work for long, but taking us on right now would be a massive risk he probably doesn't need to take.

Least inspiring would be Rafa for me. Just don't think his style of football would be particularly entertaining to watch week in week out.

Not sure about Potter … if he can’t get any selection from 50 top internationals to get results what chance does he have with our lot … and he says exactly the same things in his interviews that rodgers has been saying for the last 2 years … then again who else is around 

12 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Yeah I'm not keen on him full stop, only thing I think he may be good for is the rebuild but not our current situation.

I think he would be a good choice for the rebuild too. The structure he put in place at Brighton with his forward looking approach to innovation fitness and recruitment would be what we are looking for. My main concern would be his teams struggle to find the back of the net and I’m not convinced he has the force of personality needed for the immediate job in hand. Longer term yes short term no. 

1 minute ago, Supergray22 said:

I think he would be a good choice for the rebuild too. The structure he put in place at Brighton with his forward looking approach to innovation fitness and recruitment would be what we are looking for. My main concern would be his teams struggle to find the back of the net and I’m not convinced he has the force of personality needed for the immediate job in hand. Longer term yes short term no. 

2 main concerns I listed to a mate when he just asked me, lack of goals and his personality/mentality to much of a nice guy.

• Like 1