Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Rafa has to be the standout name on a short term contract, okay he had a poor time at Everton granted but he’s not bad, I would prefer him over the likes of Dyche / Hodgson etc. 

I think in the summer we need to go all out for Pochettino / Mancini.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

He looked fooking tired in the most recently pictures of him. Not sure if the press were enhancing the bags under his eyes in recent photos.  Its quite amusing really in that when he first went to Chelsea he had a make over and started wearing fancy jackets and skinny trousers, and looked several years younger. 6 months later and he looked an old mess.

We all go on about the money, but he's been through the absolute ringer the last 6 months. The last thing he needs is to jump into a relegation battle. If he does and loses, his career takes a huge knock. He is far better taking a rest and seeing whats there in the Summer. 

Or in 10 games he enhances his reputation by keeping us up!

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Rafa has to be the standout name on a short term contract, okay he had a poor time at Everton granted but he’s not bad, I would prefer him over the likes of Dyche / Hodgson etc. 

I don't think he sees himself as a stop-gap manager. We'd probably have to offer him a long-term deal.

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Benitez won't accept a ten game contract. I don't want him here but he'd be right not to. He's not a rookie he's managed over 1,000 games.

• Like 2

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

I don't think he sees himself as a stop-gap manager. We'd probably have to offer him a long-term deal.

He needs to accept this because he needs to prove himself after Everton and I bet he would be willing to on a short term contract, keeping us up his stock will be high, and no doubt some club on the continent will probably approach him again.

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Benitez won't accept a ten game contract. I don't want him here but he'd be right not to. He's not a rookie he's managed over 1,000 games.

Yes I am aware but he needs to prove himself after Everton.

Can't see it being anyone other than Rafa. Mostly because he is available and fits that interim manager role, which undoubtedly the owner will be looking at in an attempt to keep us up, with a focus on the long-term and a rebuild type manager in the summer. 

29 minutes ago, Focks said:

Chris Wilder. Prem experience, did well with Sheff U and ended up falling out with owners.  Championship experience - and experience of getting a team to the Prem.  Good reputation in the game and will be desperate to have another crack at the Prem.  On a short term contract at Watford so won't cost the earth.

I agree with this but to me he's very much a Pearson lite type of figure, let's go for the real McCoy instead.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Focks said:

Chris Wilder. Prem experience, did well with Sheff U and ended up falling out with owners.  Championship experience - and experience of getting a team to the Prem.  Good reputation in the game and will be desperate to have another crack at the Prem.  On a short term contract at Watford so won't cost the earth.

Had Middlesbrough in a relegation battle. Carrick now has the same team in a promotion battle.

Spent loads of money in the PL on rubbish players. Then became one of the worse teams to ever be relegated.

If these sorts of names are the best we can come up with then we're fvcked.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I agree with this but to me he's very much a Pearson lite type of figure, let's go for the real McCoy instead.

Wilder isn't doing anything at Watford atm. He'll likely go at the end of the season.

I wouldn't want him here.

This is why BR should have been sacked in the New Year. April for 10 games is no good to anyone who is worth their salt. Will the "big" names put their reputation on keeping us up  ? I doubt it.  

13 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You've done his work prior to coming back to England a massive disservice, he got Östersund promoted what 3 times, won a Swedish cup and got them to the knockout stages of the Europa League.

That was impressive, but Rodgers by comparison had won the treble twice in Scotland, came within 2 games of winning the title with Liverpool, got Swansea promoted and had them playing great stuff. 

Potter's trajectory was going in the right direction but stepping up from Brighton to Chelsea was way too early in his career. I'm sure he'll admit as much when quizzed about it in the future. It was probably the same for Rodgers at Liverpool, though he made them electric at one point in time. 

If he was appointed I'll certainly get behind him, but I feel like I can see how it will go already. That said I will happily admit that I was worried when Ranieri was appointed, thinking he didn't have the experience for a relegation fight and well... he did't turn out to be too shabby of an appointment in his first season :scarf:

• Like 1

There is no way a manager who has won: Champions League, La Liga twice, Uefa Cup, Europa League, Coppa Italia, FIFA World Club Cup and other trophies is going to agree to come and manage us for just 10 games as a caretaker. He will want a longer term contract.

Benitez's best years are probably behind him. But still, he has no incentive to agree to that. It would do his reputation no good whatsoever even if he was successful.

It would show even he believes his best days are behind him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, teblin said:

Loved Pearson when he was here and O’Neill but move on everyone.

pearson hasn’t really done well since leaving and without Walsh and shakey.

O’Neill hasn’t been a club manager for a good while.

Walsh and Shakey are both out of work. Get the band back together for one last tour. Smash up the Marriott.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yeah I take your point but NP won't walk from Bristol City will he and Wilder looks far more attainable.

I can see Pearson leaving in the summer, if not then early next season after Scott has moved on and they're struggling.

10 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Wilder isn't doing anything at Watford atm. He'll likely go at the end of the season.

I wouldn't want him here.

Crikey he’s only been there for two games hasn’t he? lol

but that’s in of itself is a reason he won’t leave imho