Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

If Stowell kept us up then I Bet Kingpower would give it them full time like they did Shaky

Even though this comment was probably a bit tongue in cheek, this genuinely worries me about any short term replacement. The owners getting attached very quickly it seems in the past.

Having read Wilder suggested, my 2 cents as a Sheffield United fan-in-law is that he's tactically astute in games but an absolute liability at picking signings. 

Definitely not who we'd want in charge over the summer.

With regards to De Zerbi, in fairness, he's managing a very talented and cohesive squad that was assembled by Potter. Albeit with the support of the clearly very astute Brighton board of directors. 

We need someone who can do that and any other manager we'd take would also come with the question over how much of their past success could be attributed directly to their actions. 

Edited by sheffield_fox

26 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

It also has to be considered that the man that replaced him has pushed them on. So was Potter underachieving a little at Brighton with the group of players at his disposal? Or maybe it’s just very fortunate that they replaced a “talented” manager with a even more talented manager.

Surely the groundwork was done by Potter. He brought in those players like Trossard, Mitoma, Alexis, Gross etc and took them from relegation candidates to a mid table attractive side. De Zerbi wouldn't have hit the ground running without that framework set up by Potter.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

Having read Wilder suggested, my 2 cents as a Sheffield United fan in law is that he's tactically astute in games but an absolute liability at picking signings. 

Don't think he was tactically astute at Middlesbrough.

2 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

Having read Wilder suggested, my 2 cents as a Sheffield United fan in law is that he's tactically astute in games but an absolute liability at picking signings. 

Carbon copy of Rodgers then 

2 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Surely the groundwork was done by Potter. He brought in those players like Trossard, Mitoma, Alexis, Gross etc and took them from relegation candidates to a mid table attractive side. De Zerbi wouldn't have hit the ground running without that framework set up by Potter.

They've got a hands on owner and recruitment as been superb........ don't know who gets the credit 

48 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I realise how long he's been there. He took Middlesbrough took the bottom three so it's a no from me. Surely we have to aim higher than Wilder fgs!!!

Oh I agree with you. But  you can’t write him off after two games was the point I was making.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Like the theory but by all accounts he wasn't liked within the camp when here.

Not that being liked is the benchmark for success, I just think it could be a recipe for disaster. 

Interesting. I’ve never heard that before 😳🤔

2 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Imo, de zerbi plays potter ball thirty yards higher up the pitch 

potter’s brighton were wonderful playing pretty patterns but they only ended up around the centre circle as an end game - I would think he’s seen where he was going wrong now. 

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Potter's overall win rate with Brighton was 31.1%. Rodgers' win rate with us was 45.1%

but what has Rodgers win rate been over the last two seasons?

you can’t really judge a manager  on what he did 4 seasons ago…

Edited by MPH

10 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Graham Potter explains Brighton's decision-making process in transfers and the risks involved

Graham Potter is a very astute manager in a tactical sense but the 46-year-old has admitted he does not really lead the way when it comes to Brighton signing players

However, while he is a very astute manager in a tactical sense, the 46-year-old has admitted he does not really lead the way when it comes to the club signing players.

But how involved does Potter get in transfer dealings?

"The clue is in the job title, I am the head coach and my responsibility is to the team and players we have - that is 20 plus players," he explained at a recent fans' forum.

If then I have the responsibility to look around the world for other players and recommend players then clearly I am not going to have much of a life, that's for sure, and not do it very well, is the other thing.

"My job is to try to put a team on the pitch that is clear in terms of what we are trying to do, so that the guys in the recruitment department can align what they are looking for with the team that we have; so that it becomes clearer on how do we strengthen, what do we need to do, what are we looking for, what particular attributes we are looking for and what people we are looking for.

"And then it is to support the club in making the right decision."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

but what has Rodgers win rate been over the last two seasons?

you can’t really judge a manager  on what he did 4 seasons ago…

No, you can't. But this season Potter's win rate with Chelsea was only 38.7% - I suspect whoever Chelsea in next will immediately improve upon that.

I don't think we were wrong to sack Rodgers. Far from it - his time was clearly over. But I think it's worth bearing in mind that Potter's record at Brighton wasn't necessarily as good as some people seem to think, and this has become even more clear since Brighton have actually improved since he left.

30 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Really? I'm surprised? Is this based on facts or just a guess? 

Was mentioned in Vardy's book. Can't remember specifics but general sense of him rubbing people up the wrong way. Arrogance etc.

People vastly overestimate the role managers have in player recruitment in the modern game. Back in the era of Wenger, for example, it was common place for managers to do a lot more than just coach, but it is no longer the case in many clubs. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

People vastly overestimate the role managers have in player recruitment in the modern game. Back in the era of Wenger, for example, it was common place for managers to do a lot more than just coach, but it is no longer the case in many clubs. 

thats why i think hes best to call some of them a head coach more than a manager

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Long term nothing, at this stage in 19th it should be considered to have a bit of importance 

Not at all. Wether someone has managed in this particular league has absolutley zero bearing. I also don't think making a permanent appointment now is any good either. That ship has sailed. A caretaker to see the season out and assess when we're safe.