Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Rafa has to be the standout name on a short term contract, okay he had a poor time at Everton granted but he’s not bad, I would prefer him over the likes of Dyche / Hodgson etc. 

I think in the summer we need to go all out for Pochettino / Mancini.

...we do need to get off this merry-go-round of busted managers!!!

Pochettino is not going to come here,  I  do not believe he is a good fit for us anyway and Mancini has Italy, he has more to achieve there than to come to us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

People vastly overestimate the role managers have in player recruitment in the modern game. Back in the era of Wenger, for example, it was common place for managers to do a lot more than just coach, but it is no longer the case in many clubs. 

Yes it's true if a team has owners like Marinakis who sign dozens of players without asking the managers. There are several owners that do a direct "job" with agents. Wolves is another example. Then you have football directors, decent ones collaborate with the manager regarding transfers, others are just "yes men" of the owner. 

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

No, you can't. But this season Potter's win rate with Chelsea was only 38.7% - I suspect whoever Chelsea in next will immediately improve upon that.

I don't think we were wrong to sack Rodgers. Far from it - his time was clearly over. But I think it's worth bearing in mind that Potter's record at Brighton wasn't necessarily as good as some people seem to think, and this has become even more clear since Brighton have actually improved since he left.

I’d  be very surprised if  Potter was involved in any of their signings. He was a total mismatch for Chelsea so I wouldn’t say those figures are that bad, given the circumstances….

with regards to Potters record at Brighton, and the budget he operated on and what he achieved, I’d say he did an excellent Job for them. 

we have to bare in mind that we are in the relegation zone. We are not going to attract a top manager. No Top manager will want that noose  around their neck. They won’t want that on their record.

Speaking of Wenger, didn't he want to get back into a managerial role 🤣

Whilst I'm not being wholly serious, it's this kind of random appointment I expect. Remember the bemusement of ranieri.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Pochettino is not going to come here,  I  do not believe he is a good fit for us anyway and Mancini has Italy, he has more to achieve there than to come to us.

I've always had a feeling that Poch would be great for us. I don't really know why tbh. It's just an instinct. 

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Not at all. Wether someone has managed in this particular league has absolutley zero bearing. I also don't think making a permanent appointment now is any good either. That ship has sailed. A caretaker to see the season out and assess when we're safe. 

So name a good manager/caretaker with no experience of this league that will accept a 3 month contract? If we're looking for someone to do 10 games it's not going to be anybody too exciting 

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

No, you can't. But this season Potter's win rate with Chelsea was only 38.7% - I suspect whoever Chelsea in next will immediately improve upon that.

I don't think we were wrong to sack Rodgers. Far from it - his time was clearly over. But I think it's worth bearing in mind that Potter's record at Brighton wasn't necessarily as good as some people seem to think, and this has become even more clear since Brighton have actually improved since he left.

Potter spent two years making Brighton the team they are now and Di Zerbi has continued on with, generally, Potter's players. This season it came together for Potter and he was stupid to walk out to Chelsea but obviously a chance that he can't really reject.

I want Potter here and if he did come here I think we'd see the same as what we did in his initial seasons at Brighton while he builds us.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Was mentioned in Vardy's book. Can't remember specifics but general sense of him rubbing people up the wrong way. Arrogance etc.

Ah yes I do remember that. But that was more Vardy having an issue with Esterban trying to be the 'manager' I think at that time those group of players didn't want to accept anyone new and especially not someone who puts their friend at risk of not playing or calling them out. Sounds like Esterban did have a player/manager type role and that probably saved us to some degree. 

2 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Speaking of Wenger, didn't he want to get back into a managerial role 🤣

Whilst I'm not being wholly serious, it's this kind of random appointment I expect. Remember the bemusement of ranieri.

It's too late for Wenger. If I was Top I would have offered him the job 2-3 years ago. Team was perfect for Wenger to be approached and accept the job. 

4 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Poch won’t come to us but if he did the reveal should include some footage of him stood looking into our trophy cabinet 

Poor bloke doesn’t understand the concept of “a trophy”.

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Poch won’t come to us but if he did the reveal should include some footage of him stood looking into our trophy cabinet 

If he gets passed by for the Chelsea/Spurs job again, then I wonder whether he will start considering projects like us. He has been out of work for a while now and many big/medium jobs have come and gone, without him being hired. Obviously he wouldn't take us on now, as there is a real chance we will be a championship club in 10 games time, however, if we do stay up, and Chelsea and Spurs overlook him, then we really aren't a bad prospect for him IMO. One of Potter, Frank or Poch in the summer, would really inject some positivity back into the club. 

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

People forget it was Cambiasso’s word in Pearsons ear regarding the tactical switch that led to that run of games at the end of the 14/15 season. 

Don't believe all if any clickbait constrewed facts...

3 hours ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

I would quite like to see what Hassenhutl could do with our squad, but you can't ignore the 9-0 meltdowns he's capable of delivering.

How anyone could even think of Hassenhutl is beyond belief. There is a reason he has been out of management for so long and that is because he is appalling in every department. Who on earth would appoint a manager who gets stuffed with the highest goals against in premier league history at home? he is the very last person on the earth we should employ. 

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

If he gets passed by for the Chelsea/Spurs job again, then I wonder whether he will start considering projects like us. He has been out of work for a while now and many big/medium jobs have come and gone, without him being hired. Obviously he wouldn't take us on now, as there is a real chance we will be a championship club in 10 games time, however, if we do stay up, and Chelsea and Spurs overlook him, then we really aren't a bad prospect for him IMO. One of Potter, Frank or Poch in the summer, would really inject some positivity back into the club. 

If we wait until summer then we need to go for William Still. I don't want Potter. I understand and appreciate his work at Brighton but he failed at Chelsea. I don't care if this wasn't his team, he accepted the job and had one job: Make these players there play some football. Fail. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Mancini / Pochettino busted? I guess you could have said the same of Ranieri before he came here.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Would get the terraces rumbling again,if we could find that   „Oh really“ manager,

Someone out of the blue,for the blue….but with a realistic project rebuild in mind..

A new Potter…a new Rafa..but a stronger Cooper, a nobody who wants to be somebody & just waiting for that PL clink of light….

Brighton & Brentford,partly Fulham ,Newcastle with Howe have deservedly

taken our perceived bias limelight…They quietly found their man..

A non runner…& again that „oh really“ moment…

A silver medalist?