Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Bring back Nige. This team is at the end of its life and will benefit from a more mixed passing/direct from of football.

He’ll keep us up and rebuild/stabilise us to mid table/best of the rest whilst we build the East Stand extension.

We can then push on again for European football again I hope, either with Nige or bringing someone in to take us to the next level.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, shiv said:

What does Stowell have to do with Ward being overweight? lol 

Stowell has been with the club since 2007 so clearly has had involvement in our promotion to the PL, the great escape, the title win, the FA Cup win and our challenges for Europe. He’s coached arguably one of our greatest ever goalkeepers and doesn’t have a bad record as caretaker (unbeaten in 8, 5 wins 3 draws). 

Sorry Mike, on behalf of all of foxestalk. We will never question your name again. It is now clear that all the good is down to you, and all the bad was the idiot managers at the time. 

I have no concerns with the club in your steady hands and hope you get the gig permanently. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LibertyFox said:

Bring back Nige. This team is at the end of its life and will benefit from a more mixed passing/direct from of football.

He’ll keep us up and rebuild/stabilise us to mid table/best of the rest whilst we build the East Stand extension.

We can then push on again for European football again I hope, either with Nige or bringing someone in to take us to the next level.

As much as I love Pearson, he is not a Premier League manager.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Mancini / Pochettino busted? I guess you could have said the same of Ranieri before he came here.

No comparison at all. Ranieri was appointed after he was sacked by the Greek FA. He inherited a squad with world class potential players. Fuchs, Mahrez, Vardy, Kante, Kasper to name a few. Don't forget that the team which won us the league was building up from Championship and it was one of the best ever teams there with relentless pressing everywhere on the pitch. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LibertyFox said:

D55C426F-CF2B-4B36-8885-DA55FFBF9B2E.jpeg.4143f56c199d23cfa25f693c80718411.jpeg

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Stinky said:

So name a good manager/caretaker with no experience of this league that will accept a 3 month contract? If we're looking for someone to do 10 games it's not going to be anybody too exciting 

I'm not saying it should be anyone at all. I'm not even suggesting we go out and find someone else for the 10 games. I am however 100% suggesting going out and getting ****ing chris wilder is beyond comprehension. 

My knows the league means nothing comment is regarding hiring a permanent manager. 'Knows the league' is the worst narrative in football. It means nothing. 'Knows the league' is the same unimaginative managerial signings made by teams like Stoke and Blackburn that see them flushed.

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sambiasso said:

Someone could be named before or after tomorrow nights game, Just a hunch :thumbup:

Been told club have been moving fast to get someone in before Saturdays game, inital talks held with an interested manager. All being well he'd be attending the game tomorrow night.

For what its worth its not Potter.

Interim or longer term appointment?

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Why? we ain't gonna defend our way to staying up.

Well other than the fact that we've generally been OK at scoring goals this season and have outscored the bottom half, but we can't leverage our good attacking play into points because we concede too many goals. 

We hardly press the midfield, we play 2 slow CBs in a high line and without a sweeper keeper. It's suicidal tactics. Even if we get a coach in who only gets us doing the defensive basics better we'll be in a good place. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Someone could be named before or after tomorrow nights game, Just a hunch :thumbup:

Been told club have been moving fast to get someone in before Saturdays game, inital talks held with an interested manager. All being well he'd be attending the game tomorrow night.

Willing to share who? Because if you tell me its someone like rafa beyond 10 games or chris wilder I think ill give up. 

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Well that's one way to kill off a positive vibe about Hutter...

Ha sorry. Purl for his faults settled us down and helped build the foundation for Brendan’s success.

footbal was terrible and he wasn’t inspiring.

I know nothing about hutter just a hunch.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I'm not saying it should be anyone at all. I'm not even suggesting we go out and find someone else for the 10 games. I am however 100% suggesting going out and getting ****ing chris wilder is beyond comprehension. 

Statistically speaking the team can still finish 12th. 10 games to go, not 4 or 5, 10! Splash the money for Pochettino. All the other decent candidates are doing well with their current teams, they're not coming even if Top offers a million per day. 

6 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

I want to believe this is true but when was the last time the club did anything even remotely fast? 

7 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

I wonder if it's Adi Hutter. His name seemed to be quite tenuously thrown into the mix by Tanner but google suggests he held talks with Palace too - implies to me he's trying to get into this league.

• Like 1