Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

It'll be Rafa because he's managed Real and Liverpool, in the same way it was Sousa because he played for Inter and Juve, or Sven because he'd managed Lazio and England, or Ranieri because he'd managed...well pretty much everyone.

That's as far as the thinking goes.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

If there's one thing the club are actually good at, it seems to be smokescreens. They've managed it with transfers on numerous occasions to pull off a left-field signing. I get the feeling the Rafa noise is just that.

yes but there’s no reason to smokescreen for a manager. They don’t just do it to be rascals 😂

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Said it on here a million times while Rodgers claimed the opposite, managers will want to come here, it's a good job on paper. Everything Rodgers said was to frame it in the wrong way. A rebuild etc... might be viewed as an opportunity by a potential manager rather than a hindrance.

There will be decent managers who fancy this job. This league is where all the best coaches want to come to now.

The positive spin I have on it is if someone thinks that they can get us back on track, it could be a good job for them. Obviously the current predicament is scary. 

If it's not going to be Rafa short term and then Potter to succeed him in the summer then I'll eat my hat! - but as others have said then Rafa may only want to come here if he's offered an 18 months-three years long contract! Not sure if anybody here wants that, I know i don't! - but he did well with little-no money at Newcastle. However that was then, this is now - and he was a disaster at Everton when in that same scenario of course. 

Edited by Guy

1 minute ago, Guy said:

If it's not going to be Rafa short term and then Potter to succeed him in the summer then I'll eat my hat! - but as others have said then Rafa may only want to come here if he's offered an 18 months-three years long contract! Not sure if anybody here wants that, I know i don't! - but he did well with little-no money at Newcastle. However that was then, this is now - and he was a disaster at Everton when in that same scenario of course. 

I think he actually started well at Everton (hoping someone could confirm the stats?) I think he was unbeaten in his first 4? I remember thinking he turned Demarai Gray into a world beater in his first few games, and inspired cheap transfer!

The only time I can recall Benitez  taking an interim role was when he filled in at chelsea 

we aren’t chelsea 

he took over at Newcastle in 2016 at a similar time and failed to keep them up 

HE IS NOT COMING HERE TO BE A FIRE FIGHTER 

hopefully the players will respond to him given his stature and experience - he wants a project and we seriously are a project !! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guy said:

If it's not going to be Rafa short term and then Potter to succeed him in thesummer then I'll eat my hat! - but as others have said then Rafa may only want to come here if he's offered an 18 months-three years long contract! Not suere if anybody here wants that but he did well with little-no moeny at Newcastle. However that was then, this is now - and he was a disaster at Everton when in that same scenario of course. 

I don't completely dismiss what happened at Everton, but I do think there's a need to contextualise it. Everton fans were very vocal and pro-active about not appointing him. He got off to a decent start and lost DCL to injury, who was trying to build everything around. The biggest thing though is that he was only a couple of bad results away from things turning really toxic given his history. That background doesn't exist here. I'm not excited by the prospect, but maybe just maybe he might be enough? 

• Like 3