Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

I am surprised nobody has mentioned (as far as I'm aware) tuchel. Wasn't he quoted as wanting a club outside of the traditional bigger ones for his next job? A project. One where the media intensity isn't quite so high. 

Maybe even one they'd believe everything he says even if the stats don't add up... :ph34r:

Tuchel is at Bayern!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Touch uncalled for. If I remember correctly, your argument regarding Poch previously is he isn’t any good because he didn’t win anything. It just isn’t true, is it? He’s a terrific manager who can build a massive project. I’d argue he’d be perfect for us, he just wouldn’t come.

Certainly was not intending to be abusive, so my apologies. I just don’t buy the bit in bold, he had that at Spurs and cocked it up. This is just my opinion, but I agree he would not come.

For those stating that he failed to keep Newcastle up, this is true. However, it was 3 from Villa, Newcastle, Norwich and Sunderland that were going to go down when he took, there are 7 or 8 teams in it at the moment. Sunderland under Allardyce picked up 12 points from their last 6 games, which is a huge return when it really matters. Benitez picked up 12 points from his 10 games at Newcastle that season. If he repeats that here, we will finish on 37 points which *might* just be enough. 

• Like 2

Just now, BenTheFox said:

For those stating that he failed to keep Newcastle up, this is true. However, it was 3 from Villa, Newcastle, Norwich and Sunderland that were going to go down when he took, there are 7 or 8 teams in it at the moment. Sunderland under Allardyce picked up 12 points from their last 6 games, which is a huge return when it really matters. Benitez picked up 12 points from his 10 games at Newcastle that season. If he repeats that here, we will finish on 37 points which *might* just be enough. 

No however about it, he failed to keep them up.

Can't go turning around facts.

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Don't want the FSW but this is a good post with important context.

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Or just hire Big Sam 🤔

16 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I don't completely dismiss what happened at Everton, but I do think there's a need to contextualise it. Everton fans were very vocal and pro-active about not appointing him. He got off to a decent start and lost DCL to injury, who was trying to build everything around. The biggest thing though is that he was only a couple of bad results away from things turning really toxic given his history. That background doesn't exist here. I'm not excited by the prospect, but maybe just maybe he might be enough? 

I think that echoes the sentiments of a lot of fans here in so far as "he'll do" re Rafa on a 'short termie'....like he was at Chelsea that time. Not overly exciting but the key here is simply to avoid relegation and finally have a proper re-set and rebuild over thie summer which for whatever reason never happened as Rodgers had promised us and stressed nneded to happen last summer..... then the rest is not ours to see after this season re long term appointments - but I hope it's not Rafa for the latter!

Just now, Fox92 said:

No however about it, he failed to keep them up.

Can't go turning around facts.

Context, my brother. I think it's worth pointing out that he was in a four horse race then and not a 7 or 8 horse race. He lost out to Allardyce who managed to get Sunderland firing at the right time but had also had a transfer window 7/8 months to work with them. My point is, we don't have to finish first in a four horse race fourth in a seven horse race is good enough. 

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Playing a fun game of Who's Out of Work, trawling Transfermarkt for available managers whose last job was in one of Europe's top (ish) leagues, ordered by recency of availability:

No chance: Conte, Nagglesmann, Enrique, Poch, Zidane, Low

Chance: Potter, Hutter, Rafa

Outside chance/probably/certainly no chance but wouldn't be awful or might be it's hard to say: Sampaoli, Favre, Stephan, Tata Martino, Marcelino, Bielsa (wouldn't be boring at least), Fatih Terim

Oh jesus no: Vieira, Parker, Bilic, Jones, Frei, Marsch, Breitenreiter, Pards, Cannavaro (yes, Fabio), Gattuso (MALAKIA!), Kolo Toure, Mel, Lampard, Dean Smith, Gio van B, Hasenhuttl, Gerrard, Bruce, Bosz, Lage, Magath, Bordalas, Mazzarri, Scheva, Puel (haha), Big Sam, De Boer

7gvlm7.jpg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Playing a fun game of Who's Out of Work, trawling Transfermarkt for available managers whose last job was in one of Europe's top (ish) leagues (or is familiar in Europe at least), ordered by recency of availability:

No chance: Conte, Nagglesmann, Enrique, Poch, Zidane, Low

Chance: Potter, Hutter, Rafa

Outside chance/probably/certainly no chance but wouldn't be awful or might be it's hard to say: Sampaoli, Favre, Stephan, Tata Martino, Marcelino, Bielsa (wouldn't be boring at least), Fatih Terim

Oh jesus no: Vieira, Parker, Bilic, Jones, Frei, Marsch, Breitenreiter, Pards, Cannavaro (yes, Fabio), Gattuso (MALAKIA!), Kolo Toure, Mel, Lampard, Dean Smith, Gio van B, Hasenhuttl, Gerrard, Bruce, Bosz, Lage, Magath, Bordalas, Mazzarri, Scheva, Puel (haha), Big Sam, De Boer

If they aren't on that list they're either employed somewhere or they've been out of work so far they aren't likely to be considered. So unless we're poaching someone (and that seems unlikely at this time of year) then the name is probably on that list somewhere.

I'm not sure Poch belongs in that list to be honest. The others I agree with. I think if we get an interim to keep us up, then Poch can be convinced.