Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Playing a fun game of Who's Out of Work, trawling Transfermarkt for available managers whose last job was in one of Europe's top (ish) leagues (or is familiar in Europe at least), ordered by recency of availability:

No chance: Conte, Nagglesmann, Enrique, Poch, Zidane, Low

Chance: Potter, Hutter, Rafa

Outside chance/probably/certainly no chance but wouldn't be awful or might be it's hard to say: Sampaoli, Favre, Stephan, Tata Martino, Marcelino, Bielsa (wouldn't be boring at least), Fatih Terim

Oh jesus no: Vieira, Parker, Bilic, Jones, Frei, Marsch, Breitenreiter, Pards, Cannavaro (yes, Fabio), Gattuso (MALAKIA!), Kolo Toure, Mel, Lampard, Dean Smith, Gio van B, Hasenhuttl, Gerrard, Bruce, Bosz, Lage, Magath, Bordalas, Mazzarri, Scheva, Puel (haha), Big Sam, De Boer

If they aren't on that list they're either employed somewhere or they've been out of work so far they aren't likely to be considered. So unless we're poaching someone (and that seems unlikely at this time of year) then the name is probably on that list somewhere.

Van Bronckhorst is one I can see them taking an interest in.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I'd take Hassenhutl for the 10 games. Think we can now see that he did a decent job with Southampton, as they're a lot worse off without him. Then give it to Potter in the summer to start the rebuild.

Not going to happen, obviously, but that would be my preference.

If I could choose anyone, Thomas Frank would be the man.

Such a weird logic.

18 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Is there any manager out of there that would cause you to boycott the club if they named as manager.

Sean Dyche but alhamdulilah he is taken.

19 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Is there any manager out of there that would cause you to boycott the club if they named as manager.

Klopp. I can't stand his ''the whole world is against us'' attitude that comes over in his interviews.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Chelsea are a shambolic club. If Arteta went to Chelsea 3 years ago he'd be sacked 7 months into his time there. I never judge managers on their Chelsea jobs if they are sacked quickly. I exclude that from their cv. 

• Like 1

Just now, ceredigion said:

Klopp. I can't stand his ''the whole world is against us'' attitude that comes over in his interviews.

No way this isn't satire. 

• Like 1

Guest Fox99

The majority on the poll so far have gone for Potter and I would go along with that, I think he's about the best bet. Not overly keen on his media persona though, and my only concern would be whether the players need a different type of manager as GP is in a similar mould to Rodgers. Not closed off to Hasenhuttl, Benitez came close before. Due to the situation the club finds itself in, you naturally adjust the thinking about who the next manager should be.

Edited by AlexFT

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Based on what? 

The love in for him on here and other social media platforms is cringey. 

Greatful for the things he done for our club but the ship set sail and he isn't good enough. If he was good enough he'd have had other PL gigs, don't mention Watford either. 

We are better than Nigel Pearson.

Lol Pearson pretty much built the team that won the league and got us out of league 1 and championship, give over.

• Like 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Lol Pearson pretty much built the team that won the league and got us out of league 1 and championship, give over.

That  was then, he is a legend for what he did, but those times are gone. 

• Like 1

Glad everyone is taking this seriously lol.

We are up sheister creek! Need a serious plan on how we are gonna beat villa.

are their any players stepping up in the changing room leading the charge and sounding the alarm bells?? What’s our plan?

how are the fans going to raise temp in the stadium and make it difficult for villa? Game is tomorrow for Christ sake. No time to waste or sulk about our situation . Time for fight or flight. Hope it’s the former 

Just now, cruzFOX said:

Glad everyone is taking this seriously lol.

We are up sheister creek! Need a serious plan on how we are gonna beat villa.

are their any players stepping up in the changing room leading the charge and sounding the alarm bells?? What’s our plan?

how are the fans going to raise temp in the stadium and make it difficult for villa? Game is tomorrow for Christ sake. No time to waste or sulk about our situation . Time for fight or flight. Hope it’s the former 

If the atmosphere at Seagrave under Rodgers had become as bad as media reports suggest, maybe the sheer relief at his departure will propel the players to a much higher level of performance? Or am I just grasping at straws…?