Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Weller Wing said:

Fat Sam

Spanish Waiter

Probably Hassenhuttl

I can't say as I don't know, but I think anyone out of contract ,with a decent short term deal, would say 'yes, why the fcuk not?'

Both viable options there would want contracts. Short term contracts are rare and are usually taken by managers like Hodgson or complete basket cases like Pardew. Would be very uncharacteristic of us to even consider names like that. 

Honestly I’d give it stowell till the end of the season. See where we come then and assess things, he can’t be any worse than Rodger’s he’s got loads of experience. He’s taken charge 9 times and never lost a game.

• Like 1

Just now, dannythefox said:

Honestly I’d give it stowell till the end of the season. See where we come then and assess things, he can’t be any worse than Rodger’s he’s got loads of experience. He’s taken charge 9 times and never lost a game.

We'd certainly be a more tempting proposition to prospective managers if we survive the season and can promise funds to rebuild. Might attract a higher tier of manager than the relegation fodder candidates we're sure to be linked with currently. 

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Both viable options there would want contracts. Short term contracts are rare and are usually taken by managers like Hodgson or complete basket cases like Pardew. Would be very uncharacteristic of us to even consider names like that. 

Well unless your ITK , I'd say you don't know and neither do i😄

If nobody realistic is available,  I'd keep it in house until the end of the season.

Is Walshy available to kick their arses?

Just now, Detroit Blues said:

We'd certainly be a more tempting proposition to prospective managers if we survive the season and can promise funds to rebuild. Might attract a higher tier of manager than the relegation fodder candidates we're sure to be linked with currently. 

Exactly. And there’s got to money available because we’ve got 8 players out of contract so we’ve no choice.

18 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

What established coach, in the recent history of the game, has come in to a club with ten games to go and agreed to take a contract that small? It's minimum two years for whoever agrees. 

Roy Hodgson just last week 

Don't care if we win our next game convincingly I wouldn't want Stowell there. He's a goalkeeping coach for a reason.

How many times did we see Duncan Ferguson take over Everton. He'd win the first game. He's running around the sideline punching the air. He's running in the crowd, hugging kids and kissing babies. Big Dunc's our saviour they chant.

Then he loses 3 on the bounce and he's back to sitting on the bench. 

We've left it so late we can't afford a bad run of any sort.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

If we wait until summer then we need to go for William Still. I don't want Potter. I understand and appreciate his work at Brighton but he failed at Chelsea. I don't care if this wasn't his team, he accepted the job and had one job: Make these players there play some football. Fail. 

I mean his brief was "here's 700 CBs and no strikers, win us the champions league". literally no manager will succeed there while Todd is actively involved rather than just putting money in

15 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Potter didn’t fancy it then, the soft lad.

He just won the lottery, but also had a deluge of death threats towards him and his family.
Would you really want to be stepping into a relegation battle with a squad of  key players who’s contracts are expiring after the former manager complained and sold a narrative of lack of funds it wouldn’t have been the wisest career move for him at this time.

Plus palace, spurs and this opportunity could be available again in a few months time.

37 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

Pretty sure they had just gone 3rd bottom having been stuffed in a 6 pointer with West Ham?

Three points clear from relegation with two games left to play after being bottom when he took over. 

Edited by The_77

6 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Don't care if we win our next game convincingly I wouldn't want Stowell there. He's a goalkeeping coach for a reason.

How many times did we see Duncan Ferguson take over Everton. He'd win the first game. He's running around the sideline punching the air. He's running in the crowd, hugging kids and kissing babies. Big Dunc's our saviour they chant.

Then he loses 3 on the bounce and he's back to sitting on the bench. 

We've left it so late we can't afford a bad run of any sort.

Hell, one win in four sounds lovely after our latest run. 😂

• Haha 1