Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Say we win the next two games without an appointment, do you give it Stowelly til the end of the season? 

I think it depends on HOW we won, if we get some dodgy scrapper in the last minute and an average performance then no, but if we get a Craig Shakespeare like response post Ranieri then yeah give it to them. 

7 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

It’s a shame because the managers we want for a long term build to me don’t really give off the vibe that they will be able to come in and really grab this squad by the scruff of the next to keep us up. I’d take potter willingly but he just doesn’t scream survival, he’s someone who needs time. 

Whereas Pearson screams instant fight, but can he take us to the next level? Is he likely to leave Bristol City without assurances of a multiple year deal regardless of league? Probably not. 

... sounds like Potter lacks self awareness, putting himself in a position (Chelsea) that he should never have been!!!

Brendan mk 2, we are not looking to replicate that style of play any longer, I really think we should pass on him.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, nathan. said:

That is genuinely terrifying 😂

Guess it depends on the AI site you use because I tried a different one that not only paints a more flattering picture but predicts silverware in his future!

image.png.f072b724c6097a9de9d224f777759d73.png

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Say we win the next two games without an appointment, do you give it Stowelly til the end of the season? 

Yes.

All that matters is getting the points and if we win 2 games on the bounce we're suddenly 6 points better off with only 8 to play and potentially only needing another 6 to stay up. I don't see any manager wanting the job for just 8 games and it would be even more bizarre to change a winning set up for a new guy.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

From what I’ve heard we’ll be trying to convince Potter to take the reigns.

Tomorrow could be a bigger game than we think, as a win would place us in a stronger position to negotiate. 

Wouldn't shock me to see him come in, should we stay up, in the summer. Gives him a few months to sit on his millions too 

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

My instinct is that unless things go very very badly in the next two home games it'll be Stowell/Sadler until the end of the season with Potter in the summer if (an admittedly big if) we stay up

Potter might get a better offer elsewhere, no guarenteed we will get him, but I'd rather we went for Thomas Frank if we are waiting till the summer, better manager

37 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Palace, Southampton, Spurs, probably Chelsea and debatably Leeds have all appointed a stop gap or interim. We don’t need to panic into giving someone like Benitez a 3 year deal for the sake of it.

Absolutely agree.  This is a short-term emergency.  Our priority is to think about a manager for the remainder of the season, with no further commitment, so we must not be forced into a contract for longer.  Nothing wrong with giving Stowell & co a chance first, especially as Stowell's record as a stop-gap manager for us is very commendable.  In any case, appointment of a longer term manager now is complicated by us not knowing which division we'll be in next season.

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

Hardly needs saying but the club have surely been war gaming Rodgers’ sacking and made overtures to their preferred choice already 

Surely? Based on all the stellar decision making and long term planning that have been the hallmarks of the last four years?

28 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Yes. I think they’re waiting to see the next two results in the hope they don’t have to rush an appointment. 

4 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Absolutely agree.  This is a short-term emergency.  Our priority is to think about a manager for the remainder of the season, with no further commitment, so we must not be forced into a contract for longer.  Nothing wrong with giving Stowell & co a chance first, especially as Stowell's record as a stop-gap manager for us is very commendable.  In any case, appointment of a longer term manager now is complicated by us not knowing which division we'll be in next season.

if this is the case give it to shakeaspeare till the end of the season

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Potter might get a better offer elsewhere, no guarenteed we will get him, but I'd rather we went for Thomas Frank if we are waiting till the summer, better manager

I can't really see where from though unless he fancies another job abroad. Fulham maybe if Silva gets poached, Palace, West Ham - putting aside how shit we are at present, are any of those markedly better jobs unless Fulham sneak into Europe? Of the two I'd probably also rather Frank but if one is unemployed and the other isn't then Potter is who I imagine we'd be after, especially considering we supposedly are long-time fans of his and have already approached him.

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

My instinct is that unless things go very very badly in the next two home games it'll be Stowell/Sadler until the end of the season with Potter in the summer if (an admittedly big if) we stay up

No guarantee Potter would come here if we wait til the summer. There will potentially be 5 or 6 needing a boss in the summer - Spurs, Saints, Leeds, Palace, Bournemouth, us and maybe Forest & West Ham.

We cannot go short termist. We desperately need a rebuild and you can only rebuild properly if you have someone in charge who wants to be the centre of it for a number of years. That's not Rafa. It has to be someone up & coming, in the style of Kompany or Carrick who wants to make a name for themselves. If it's going to be Potter we have to show we're better than those other clubs who will want his signature and right now we look a mess to everyone.

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

No guarantee Potter would come here if we wait til the summer. There will potentially be 5 or 6 needing a boss in the summer - Spurs, Saints, Leeds, Palace, Bournemouth, us and maybe Forest & West Ham.

We cannot go short termist. We desperately need a rebuild and you can only rebuild properly if you have someone in charge who wants to be the centre of it for a number of years. That's not Rafa. It has to be someone up & coming, in the style of Kompany or Carrick who wants to make a name for themselves. If it's going to be Potter we have to show we're better than those other clubs who will want his signature and right now we look a mess to everyone.

There’s no way Spurs would go for an ex-Chelsea manager..

:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

I can't really see where from though unless he fancies another job abroad. Fulham maybe if Silva gets poached, Palace, West Ham - putting aside how shit we are at present, are any of those markedly better jobs unless Fulham sneak into Europe? Of the two I'd probably also rather Frank but if one is unemployed and the other isn't then Potter is who I imagine we'd be after, especially considering we supposedly are long-time fans of his and have already approached him.

Maybe Tottenham will be interested and they have shown interest in the past, Levy would also favour an out of contract manager.