Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... sounds like Potter lacks self awareness, putting himself in a position (Chelsea) that he should never have been!!!

Brendan mk 2, we are not looking to replicate that style of play any longer, I really think we should pass on him.

There’s definitely concerns of that from me too, he got Brighton winning, the football was quite nice apparently but nothing special and sometimes very gritty and setting up to not lose sort of thing, but you could forgive him given the team he was managing. Problem is Chelsea have been absolutely awful. 

I also am not sure he would risk us himself anyway, his reputation will still be okay even after the Chelsea disaster because of his work at Brighton, if he immediately comes to Leicester, fails to get a response then goes down his reputation could be tarnished for a while. It’s probably not worth the risk for him until he knows we are safe. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iancognito said:

No guarantee Potter would come here if we wait til the summer. There will potentially be 5 or 6 needing a boss in the summer - Spurs, Saints, Leeds, Palace, Bournemouth, us and maybe Forest & West Ham.

We cannot go short termist. We desperately need a rebuild and you can only rebuild properly if you have someone in charge who wants to be the centre of it for a number of years. That's not Rafa. It has to be someone up & coming, in the style of Kompany or Carrick who wants to make a name for themselves. If it's going to be Potter we have to show we're better than those other clubs who will want his signature and right now we look a mess to everyone.

You're right but one or two of those are going down and I can't see Spurs being interested. You could probably make a case for West Ham being more attractive but the rest I'm not sure. Forest in particular are basically the poundshop Chelsea. The situation at Chelsea is such that his reputation isn't totally knackered but I think it's taken enough of a dent that we are about as good as he can hope for. I guess it would depend in part how he viewed the big turnover of players we've got coming up - he might think "**** that, it looks a right shambles" or he might see it as an opportunity to build something if he gets assurances that the purse strings are getting loosened a bit.

I broadly agree with the second bit - I don't think we should be making any manager the centre of a rebuild but that's a different argument. I think however that if we lose the next two, or maybe only take a point with other results going against us, the board are going to be shitting themselves and end up giving a Rafa type a couple of years.

Potter has been recognised for his "progressive" and "unconventional" coaching methods. At Östersund, he encouraged his players and staff to engage in community activities, such as performing in theatre and music productions designed to take them out of their comfort zone

Gerrematdacurve

Edited by TK95
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

You're right but one or two of those are going down and I can't see Spurs being interested. You could probably make a case for West Ham being more attractive but the rest I'm not sure. Forest in particular are basically the poundshop Chelsea. The situation at Chelsea is such that his reputation isn't totally knackered but I think it's taken enough of a dent that we are about as good as he can hope for. I guess it would depend in part how he viewed the big turnover of players we've got coming up - he might think "**** that, it looks a right shambles" or he might see it as an opportunity to build something if he gets assurances that the purse strings are getting loosened a bit.

I broadly agree with the second bit - I don't think we should be making any manager the centre of a rebuild but that's a different argument. I think however that if we lose the next two, or maybe only take a point with other results going against us, the board are going to be shitting themselves and end up giving a Rafa type a couple of years.

Ornstein confirmed Spurs had ‘held discussions’ with Potter two years ago, thus indicating they have shown interest in the recent past.

14 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Maybe Tottenham will be interested and they have shown interest in the past, Levy would also favour an out of contract manager.

....he would never get away with what he has been getting away with here, with Levy in charge!!!

Levy would see right through him, he won't go to Spurs.

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Ornstein confirmed Spurs had ‘held discussions’ with Potter two years ago, thus indicating they have shown interest in the recent past.

I'm sure they have but he's since been sacked by Chelsea while his replacement has Brighton on course for Europe. I would suggest his stock is not quite as high as it was and has fallen sufficiently that clubs expecting to qualify for Europe and potentially challenge for trophies are going to look elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Potter has been recognised for his "progressive" and "unconventional" coaching methods. At Östersund, he encouraged his players and staff to engage in community activities, such as performing in theatre and music productions designed to take them out of their comfort zone

Gerrematdacurve

Sounds like something Martin Allen would do 

Are people suggesting Nigel Pearson still, in 2023? We've outgrown him. Would you want any other manager of a club sitting mid table in the division below us or is it purely from a romantic story point of view? 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Heard nothing on that and I was never convinced that rodgers was over keen on him anyway 

I would hope he’s still here 

Just now, moore_94 said:

Nah still here

So we’ve got a Geordie passion merchant on the sidelines and our set piece coach still here, removing the little clapping death-by-football dwarf. Maybe this is going to work for 10 games after all :)