Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The longer we p*** about the more I will think we don't actually have a plan.

I think that's probably a fair assessment. Reports that on Sunday, the decision was taking with a heavy heart with no-one waiting in the wings/lined up would add up... Offering the job to Potter is probably accurate as is his reported response to have turned us down - he certainly doesn't need the money and I would think needs a break... 10 games with a flailing, underfunded potentially reputation wrecking club that even if you do keep up is going to lose is best players in the summer isn't really an opportunity that's gonna whet his appetite I wouldn't think. I thought Tanner's article in the Athletic made an interesting read.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Rafa is probably the only one we’ve been linked with I wouldn’t mind, be a bit of a Puel V2. People judging him on Everton are relatively harsh as the ffp problems begun as he took over. 

Although he did take over Newcastle in similar circumstances and they still went down, all be it he got them promoted the next season.

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Newcastle were more cut adrift and had a worser squad, he’s definition of a save pair of hands

I don't disagree that he might be about as good as we are going to get, but I'm not so sure he will have enough time to turn us round, but that can be said for anyone else we bring in. I know we are not cut adrift, but this squad just looks like it's on its knees, and I'm not sure it can be saved.  The sacking of Rodgers was far too late, and that has also impacted on who we can currently attract. Get rid of him after the first seven games, which was the latest they should have got rid of him, and we could have attracted a better quality of manager. Thomas Frank would have been my choice at that time, but no way would he give us a second thought currently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The lack of planning is so poor.

That's the bit that pains me, sacking him at Xmas or before would've allowed more time, amd it was so obviously needed. Now we're here and shopping around the usual Rafa, Hassenhutel Big Sam. I think we need to accept that the next appointment needs to be someone we're ok with being relegated with, so they can build something. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

I don't disagree that he might be about as good as we are going to get, but I'm not so sure he will have enough time to turn us round, but that can be said for anyone else we bring in. I know we are not cut adrift, but this squad just looks like it's on its knees, and I'm not sure it can be saved.  The sacking of Rodgers was far too late, and that has also impacted on who we can currently attract. Get rid of him after the first seven games, which was the latest they should have got rid of him, and we could have attracted a better quality of manager. Thomas Frank would have been my choice at that time, but no way would he give us a second thought currently.

Well that’s the issue, this appointment could’ve easily been a plan for the future yet we’re planning for next month instead 

• Like 1

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

The plan was clearly keep hold of him and it’ll be alright but I think it’s finally set in we’re ****ed

There in lies the problem. The people running the club walking round with their eyes shut and their fingers in their ear, ignoring the bleeding obvious!

• Like 1

I think the issue is the owners and board had too much blind faith in Rodgers to turn it around when the signs were we were regressing at an alarming rate not just this season but last season as well, which was damning he should have been sacked donkeys ago.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Top has been poorly advised / guided. The need for a stronger, better class of Director of Football clear and urgent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

There in lies the problem. The people running the club walking round with their eyes shut and their fingers in their ear, ignoring the bleeding obvious!

Agreed. Too many yes men.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

It always bemuses me that clubs don't have an employee(s) that sole job is to scour the world for potential up and coming managers and staff. These employees are effectively coaches or former players who look at managers playing styles, personality, tactics and more.

I know clubs don't change managers all that often but once a manager goes they have not just the bog standard managers on the list but potential managers and staff from worldwide to choose from

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg
  • Like 2

Remember reading that Brighton have list of replacements for every single person on stff and players. It’s why they’re so successful with their recruitment of coaches and players. They act quickly when it’s time to replace.

• Like 3

Have to laugh at SSN trying to make out they know what our plans are regarding the next manager.

‘Ideally the Club would like to make a long term appointment immediately’ but are considering an interim appointment. 

wow. No sh*t. What ground breaking insight.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Yes it’s not as though we’ve not been crap for most season. Surely they were on the cusp of sacking him in at least 2 previous occasions. The strategy and long term vision for the club has fallen apart over the last 2 years 

• Like 1