Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, David Hankey said:

According to "gossip" this morning Potter has rejected a move to LCFC  -  thank God!!

It was reported yesterday afternoon. Not gossip.

I can’t help but feel that if we’d lost against Brentford we’d have had the international break to sort the manager situation. Now we need to find a caretaker quick, and a permanent replacement in the summer.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

The lack of planning is so poor.

Which is even further damning when the word was a bad result at Brentford got him sacked.

So in reality, it’s been at the back of their minds for a while but they haven’t got a clue who to bring in. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

It always bemuses me that clubs don't have an employee(s) that sole job is to scour the world for potential up and coming managers and staff. These employees are effectively coaches or former players who look at managers playing styles, personality, tactics and more.

I know clubs don't change managers all that often but once a manager goes they have not just the bog standard managers on the list but potential managers and staff from worldwide to choose from

Most clubs do and it comes under the role what Rudkin undertakes. 

I am not happy with media & pundits,

Pushing Potters cause..

Come to that not any manager....

Potter for me ruled himself out for a few months,by pushing his various mental stress & problems.

If he goes away sort himself with family out..Then if he's ready we could take him on in the summer...

I have never thought we will find the perfect manager, even top clubs have their various problems( often the arrogance from owners/board) I do think at present we have good balanced owners. ..

I won't criticise their belief & support on holding onto Rodgers..We found out Rodgers did not have those motivation or tactical skills for a top squad struggling, with form & too many injuries..not matter how unpresidented,those long term injuries/form were ...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Which is even further damning when the word was a bad result at Brentford got him sacked.

So in reality, it’s been at the back of their minds for a while but they haven’t got a clue who to bring in. 

I was hoping we’d have a new manager watching tonight and taking over fully ahead of Bournemouth.

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Rafa is probably the only one we’ve been linked with I wouldn’t mind, be a bit of a Puel V2. People judging him on Everton are relatively harsh as the ffp problems begun as he took over. 

Rafa seems to have got himself disliked almost everywhere that he's managed a football club. On that basis, the probabilty is high that history will repeat itself if he comes here, with FTers in particular finding themselves desperate for him to be sacked after a while, just as with Brendan Rodgers. 

It's awful. You hear all these great things about Susan Whelan. I'm slowly starting to wonder if the reason she's here is because they don't want her anywhere near the actual King Power business. We've had a lot of success under them. Which seems to be down to appointing managers that take control of a club, doing their job for them and getting lucky.

If Rudkin is still there after this debacle it's clear the board are clueless. 

Showing loyalty to Rodgers is admirable I suppose. But having no idea or plan who to replace him with is a dereliction of duty.

We'll learn more today.  Top back in the country to rubber stamp a deal?

For all we know, someone might have been lined up during the international break but Top wanted to be present for the contract signing.  

There's an argument to say we should have pulled the trigger eariler and got a new manager whilst on international break, but with half the squad away, that might not have been ideal.  So if Brendan was always going to have the Palace game, it's unlikely a new boss would be taking over on the Sunday, have effectively one day with the squad to prepare for the next game.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a new guy installed today, be at the game tonight with Top and then take over tomorrow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Rafa seems to have got himself disliked almost everywhere that he's managed a football club. On that basis, the probabilty is high that history will repeat itself if he comes here, with FTers in particular finding themselves desperate for him to be sacked after a while, just as with Brendan Rodgers. 

Well yeah it’s bound to happen but safety is the priority at the minute 

10 minutes ago, String fellow said:

I mean that tends to be the way things go with a lot of managers that end up sacked

Overall though I don’t think the fans of Valencia, Liverpool, Chelsea or Newcastle would particularly dislike him when looking back on his time at their clubs

Guest Mee-9

The betting at the moment would reflect three things.

Either:

1 - We haven’t approached Potter (as Rob Dorsett confirmed) and are hoping to convince him.

2 - We are considering a caretaker, as the bookies will only pay out on someone if they’re in the job 10 games. 

3 - No one has been approached yet. I’d like to think there will be some movement in the markets today.

I guess one of the only things we can take from it is that at least our owner are seen to give time to managers. Some managers might be sceptical about it as they think they will fail and get sacked instantly. At least it might help us attract more managers because they know they will get time, regardless of results. 

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Do you take the gamble on the caretakers to see out the season? 

No - for me you get the bounce from the players rally to the sacking and hopefully a result or two then the second new manager bounce from the new appointment. It kinda gives a 4 game bounce and they might well be the key points to staying up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

The betting at the moment would reflect three things.

Either:

1 - We haven’t approached Potter (as Rob Dorsett confirmed) and are hoping to convince him.

2 - We are considering a caretaker, as the bookies will only pay out on someone if they’re in the job 10 games. 

3 - No one has been approached yet. I’d like to think there will be some movement in the markets today.

Rob Dorsett knows less than nothing, and I would believe the reports that have come out stating Potter is going to take a break.

What I will never understand is why our recruitment team can identify some random footballer that no-one's ever heard of that we go on to sell for £70m, but we're not using that same team to identify up and coming managers, and managers that would fit the profile of player and style of football we play here. Seems ludicrous.

I don't even think it's just us, most clubs seem to stick a finger in the air and the same old candidates get interviewed time and time again.

2 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

What I will never understand is why our recruitment team can identify some random footballer that no-one's ever heard of that we go on to sell for £70m, but we're not using that same team to identify up and coming managers, and managers that would fit the profile of player and style of football we play here. Seems ludicrous.

I don't even think it's just us, most clubs seem to stick a finger in the air and the same old candidates get interviewed time and time again.

Because we have Rudkin at the wheel when it comes that sort of thing. Players is left to the scouting chaps and doesn’t help when for a good period the head of recruitment was Brendan’s chum 

Edited by CosbehFox

2 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

There are no databases on managers, becuase no one makes any money when a manager moves.

Guest bennytwohats
22 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I am not happy with media & pundits,

Pushing Potters cause..

Come to that not any manager....

Potter for me ruled himself out for a few months,by pushing his various mental stress & problems.

If he goes away sort himself with family out..Then if he's ready we could take him on in the summer...

I have never thought we will find the perfect manager, even top clubs have their various problems( often the arrogance from owners/board) I do think at present we have good balanced owners. ..

I won't criticise their believe on holding onto Rodgers..We found out Rodgers did not have those motivation or tactical skills for a top squad struggling, with form & too many injuries..not matter how unpresidented,those long term injuries/form were ...

I don’t disagree with a lot of that but the timing of this appointment stinks. As has been said if we’d pulled the trigger one game earlier then we’d have had two weeks to get this sorted rather than two days.

What were they hoping to see by waiting those two weeks and extra one game? If I was in charge I’d have been hauling Rodgers in front of the board and asking him specifically what was going to change in the two weeks and approach for the next game that could change our fortunes. The fact that we went into the game against Palace with the same old shit and then we fired him just points to more sleepwalking. The fact that we don’t seem to have anyone lined up just compounds things. If they knew he was gone after a Palace loss surely we’d be ready to go.

I’ve seen it reported that the decision was genuinely a little bit mutual in the end, which, if true, would be incredibly reactive.

It all points to mismanagement behind the scenes.