Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

I posted on a few occasions that Rafa is not a fire fighter 

however, it’s come to my notice that he took the newcastle job on that basis but then stayed 

so I row back on that comment ……   But I’m still not thinking that Rafa will want to take a short term deal to keep us up for someone else to then benefit with a long term contract. 

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

There are no databases on managers, becuase no one makes any money when a manager moves.

Surely there are still agents to pay, and clubs get compo for having their managers poached?

Not suggesting it's purely a Leicester City problem, seems to be widespread. 

Feel like there's money to be earned out there for someone who sets up an agency that pairs managerial candidates with clubs based on data.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I posted on a few occasions that Rafa is not a fire fighter 

however, it’s come to my notice that he took the newcastle job on that basis but then stayed 

so I row back on that comment ……   But I’m still not thinking that Rafa will want to take a short term deal to keep us up for someone else to then benefit with a long term contract. 

Agreed. Very unlikely Rafa agrees to come in for 8-10 games. 

Given his CV and cash he is only coming if he is offered a permanent deal.

It's one thing having an idea who to approach but then another getting them to agree to it. 

Board were clearly hoping Rodgers had enough to keep us up, and weren't bothered if we finished 17th or above. As soon as we've gone into the relegation zone they've acted. Far too late obviously but they were hoping to see it through to the summer. 

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's one thing having an idea who to approach but then another getting them to agree to it. 

Board were clearly hoping Rodgers had enough to keep us up, and weren't bothered if we finished 17th or above. As soon as we've gone into the relegation zone they've acted. Far too late obviously but they were hoping to see it through to the summer. 

Personally think listening to someone come out after the way the palace game went and say 'there wasn't much in it' was the final straw for whoever it is on the board that already didn't like him... 

12 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We need someone till the end of the season to fight this relegation battle.....so my choice would be Shakespeare and Appleton as his assistant. 

Both out of work and know the club and Appleton was given a caretaker manager for a game which Leicester won

https://twitter.com/Exploding_Heads/status/1489589643179925508?t=ONffdNdTW08QWpnnVnibeg&s=19

• Haha 1

The fact we didn't even have a whiff of a plan in place to replace a manager who has been in terminal decline for 2 years is an absolute disgrace. 

Heads should roll at the very top of the organisation. 

Whelan and Rudkin have fallen asleep at the wheel and it's actually negligent. 

SACK THE BOARD

• Like 2

Interim appointments aren't always that straight forward, those willing to just come in for a short period might limit the talent pool available and then if the worst happens and we get relegated rhe financial fall out will be far costlier than having to risk appointing someone who's not seen as an interim but you might want to change it up next season anyway.

It's very trendy to talk about interims, but more often than not they are already employed coaches whom they can ask to step up. At this stage in the season I dread to think what sort of manager would take it on for just 10 games and a possible bonus for staying up.

The board will wait and see what happens tonight IMO. Get a win and they’ll try to see out the season with SAS and hope we can pick up enough points to avoid the drop, then reassess in the summer when we’re much more likely to get the calibre of manager we need.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

The lack of planning is so poor.

Because it's been a whole day and we haven't appointed anyone yet....? 

I think we will have someone in by Saturday the club will have a list of preferred candidates and will be working through it

6 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

What I can’t understand is this sacking has been comng for a long time, how can we not have a replacement lined up. Surely that’s Rudkin’s job to sort out and have an idea who we get?

Very few managers currently in work would be willing to walk out of their clubs at this stage in the season. That gives us a much shallower talent pool to fish in than we'd have in the summer. The talent pool is further reduced by the fact that the kind of candidate we'd like to attract will probably want to see whether we survive before committing. So the chances of us finding the right permanent manager at this stage in the season are very low. Good interim managers are also hard to come by as few would likely want that kind of role. Sacking at this stage in the season is highly problematic, hence why our best hope is probably that that Stowell maintains his excellent record as an stop gap manager with us.

Edited by ClaphamFox

50 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I mean that tends to be the way things go with a lot of managers that end up sacked

Overall though I don’t think the fans of Valencia, Liverpool, Chelsea or Newcastle would particularly dislike him when looking back on his time at their clubs

The Chelsea fans hate him, but that's mainly because when he was Liverpool manager he stoked the fires between the two clubs when they played one another. He won the Europa League with them, but the fans never liked him. I think they booed him when he was first unveiled as their manager even!

Rafa's style of football is a tough watch in the modern game, but he's got experience of winning and knows how to sort out a defence. For a fire fighter to stay up he's probably as good we can get right now. Totally the wrong choice for a manager to do a rebuild, but that's a problem for the summer... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The Chelsea fans hate him, but that's mainly because when he was Liverpool manager he stoked the fires between the two clubs when they played one another. He won the Europa League with them, but the fans never liked him. I think they booed him when he was first unveiled as their manager even!

Rafa's style of football is a tough watch in the modern game, but he's got experience of winning and knows how to sort out a defence. For a fire fighter to stay up he's probably as good we can get right now. Totally the wrong choice for a manager to do a rebuild, but that's a problem for the summer... 

yes, but we are outrageously double standards, as we always repeat the ‘previous fans told us this was the case’ type line, but in the case of Rafa, excluding bipolar Chelsea, fans of Rafa’s previous clubs are almost unanimous in their praise. 

13 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Because it's been a whole day and we haven't appointed anyone yet....? 

I think we will have someone in by Saturday the club will have a list of preferred candidates and will be working through it

Yeah to be honest, look at the position we are in.