Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Because it's been a whole day and we haven't appointed anyone yet....? 

I think we will have someone in by Saturday the club will have a list of preferred candidates and will be working through it

A functional football club would be readied to go. Bit like we were when Puel left

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Interim appointments aren't always that straight forward, those willing to just come in for a short period might limit the talent pool available and then if the worst happens and we get relegated rhe financial fall out will be far costlier than having to risk appointing someone who's not seen as an interim but you might want to change it up next season anyway.

It's very trendy to talk about interims, but more often than not they are already employed coaches whom they can ask to step up. At this stage in the season I dread to think what sort of manager would take it on for just 10 games and a possible bonus for staying up.

I just don’t see Rafa or anyone like that agreeing to an interim deal. I think they insist on a minimum 18 mths.

As you say, more than likely the sort of managers who are happy taking it for 8/9/10 games we wouldn’t want.

23 minutes ago, merlin1969 said:

Potter has said he doesn't want the Leicester job 

Graham Potter rejects approach from Leicester days after being sacked

No quite, he said he needs a break, I imagine we will consider looking at him in the summer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Yes, seriously. 

They have constantly missed the best opportunities to sack the bloke and give someone enough time to come in and make a difference. 

They've even missed the opportunity to sack him in a timeframe that allows them to bring in a decent caretaker in and appoint properly in the summer. 

They have sacked him at a point where a caretaker will have 9 games max and a point where you can't bring in a long term rebuilder because they might not be the man to keep a struggling team up (never mind not being attractive to anyone with a brain at this point). 

Instead we have Adam Sadler and Mike Stowell......FFS 

As when I was saying sack Rodgers 18 months ago, you will see im right on this as well. 

Change required at board level. 

With you on this, been far more appropriate times for us to sack Rodgers but to do it immediately after an international break on the final stretch of games is just poor management from the board/owners.

They've been good to us for sure over the years, but we can still hold them to account for when they get things wrong. By all rights, they get an easy ride from us, but however we want to polish this situation up.. the board have neglected the management of football operations for some time and it's starting to show, they've left it all to Brendan and look where we are now.. a total mess, which is a stark contrast from the supposed "best run club in the league" model we've had for so long.

5 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

I just don’t see Rafa or anyone like that agreeing to an interim deal. I think they insist on a minimum 18 mths.

As you say, more than likely the sort of managers who are happy taking it for 8/9/10 games we wouldn’t want.

You basically will probably have to pay them for 18 months, or a huge sum of money until just the summer. Either way, most of the mangers we could get are going to be after the cash, we just have to pay it. 

• Like 2

We have a lot of fans, who have never seen Leicester with another chairman, wanting a change of chairman. You clearly haven’t been here long enough if you think we’ll find anyone better. 

In regards of the management, we’ve sacked him at an awful time, should have been before internationals or given him the season, but the those who screamed ‘anyone is better than Rodgers’ are currently silent, because they’ve seen there isn’t many options out there 

• Like 2

Reading between the lines.

We want Potter, he's probably keen in summer if we stay up.

Question now is giving ourselves that best opportunity. You'd imagine if a short term appointment they'd be well aware of the Potter interest so crossing their palms with serious silver probably their main incentive if no guarantees beyond summer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

You basically will probably have to pay them for 18 months, or a huge sum of money until just the summer. Either way, most of the mangers we could get are going to be after the cash, we just have to pay it. 

You may be correct. I have a nagging feeling they settle on Rafa for the short/medium term as having the chops to rebuild / oversee a bounce back from the Championship.

13 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

What I can’t understand is this sacking has been comng for a long time, how can we not have a replacement lined up. Surely that’s Rudkin’s job to sort out and have an idea who we get?

Probably because anyone that was earmarked for the future is already at another club. Most of the best managers are always going to logically be in employment,  there's hardly a great bunch of outstanding candidates for a club our size hanging around hence we got Rodgers in the first place. Prior to his hard to fail renaissance at Celtic he'd stunk the place out at Liverpool and nobody in the Premiership would touch him with a barge pole lest we forget, he was always going to be a risk long term therefore. However, it was, even in hindsight, probably a risk worth taking. 

Possibly they hoped we could limp on until the end of the season then get rid of him when there might be a larger choice of managers, who knows.

Anybody any good is hardly likely to come to a club with a very uncertain future with 10 games left if they've already got a half decent job.

We now go for someone on the managerial merry-go-round like Benitez, Allerdyce or Bruce etc or we take another risk. Personally Id prefer the latter. I'd prefer an off piste appointment like Cambiasso for example in our current circumstances than the also rans and has beens. At least it would be gritty, exciting, and if we did stay up, a young up and coming manager that would have more of a prospect of attracting new players than that alternative mob. Probably even an insight into markets untapped by our usual scouting regime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Onions said:

We have a lot of fans, who have never seen Leicester with another chairman, wanting a change of chairman. You clearly haven’t been here long enough if you think we’ll find anyone better. 

In regards of the management, we’ve sacked him at an awful time, should have been before internationals or given him the season, but the those who screamed ‘anyone is better than Rodgers’ are currently silent, because they’ve seen there isn’t many options out there 

Until Saturday I was of the view that sacking Rodgers at this stage was pointless due to the lack of options to replace him. But the Palace game was so awful I changed my mind. Sometimes a manager's presence becomes so draining on a squad that his departure gives them a massive boost. That's what we've got to hope for now. Stowell's previous record as interim manager suggests he's pretty good at handling this kind of situation. Let's hope he can guide us through to survival so we can look for a permanent replacement with the luxury of being able to offer a Premier League job, not a Championship one.

8 minutes ago, Onions said:

There is a difference between owner and the people running the club at the top on a daily basis. 

Whelan and Rudkin have been sleeping at the wheel. 

I was hoping they would be prepared enough to maintain some kind of contingency situation list or plan of action. 

Being a planner by trade I perhaps expect too much from these top level execs 

Really can't understand the love for Potter.  He will be crushed by his experiences at Chelsea and I suspect will need time out, aside from whatever financial package he will be negotiating.  He is like Rodgers in the style he wants teams to play, but that aside I think it will be a while before he is back in management.

Tonight's game will tell us a lot about the players. If it's a win (and heaven forbid a decent performance!) it could lift the Rodgers cloud hanging over the club and we will all see where the problem has been as well as galvanising the team.  A loss however could signal the players don't care and relegation it is. 

Time for these highly paid players to step up.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

The fact we didn't even have a whiff of a plan in place to replace a manager who has been in terminal decline for 2 years is an absolute disgrace. 

Heads should roll at the very top of the organisation. 

Whelan and Rudkin have fallen asleep at the wheel and it's actually negligent. 

SACK THE BOARD

How do you know we don't have a plan? 

29 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah to be honest, look at the position we are in

And I'm sure as I said the board will have a plan a list of preferred candidates will have been drawn up a while ago. They will be working through it. They might even already be in the final stages of negotiations with someone we don't know. 

E. G. Press only got hold of us sacking Rodgers 9 minutes before it was officially announced. 

Recruitment takes time I'm sure we will have someone in place by next week weather temperary or permanent 

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Seriously? 

Look at all of the evidence to hand, if you can't make some pretty solid conclusions then that's on you buddy. 

Rubbish leaks are of short supply from the club at the moment if this time next week we still look like we are no closer to getting anyone in then is the time to pannick. It's been a day we might even currently be in negotiations with someone. Get a grip