Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Seriously? 

Look at all of the evidence to hand, if you can't make some pretty solid conclusions then that's on you buddy. 

There's evidence? 

Clubs work in private and we're notoriously good at not leaking stuff like this.

Absence of evidence of activity does not equal no activity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

Rafa seems to have got himself disliked almost everywhere that he's managed a football club. On that basis, the probabilty is high that history will repeat itself if he comes here, with FTers in particular finding themselves desperate for him to be sacked after a while, just as with Brendan Rodgers. 

...it seems as if you have not got over Rodgers leaving!!!

FT have been aware of Rodgers limitations for some time, even now the stadium attendees still do not believe that he should have gone. 

FoxesTalk did not bring Rodgers down, I do not believe we were in anyway too instrumental in the termination of his contract. 

You appear to be demonising this forum, but we were right to voice our concerns, whoever were calling for his exit, the only problem is the board came to a realisation too late. If we do go down and have to rebuild ourselves, to get back up, it will not have been due to the people with the foresight to clamour for change, just the ones who had misplaced blind faith that everything would come right, and failed to say or do anything. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

44 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

I just don’t see Rafa or anyone like that agreeing to an interim deal. I think they insist on a minimum 18 mths.

As you say, more than likely the sort of managers who are happy taking it for 8/9/10 games we wouldn’t want.

Why not get Shakespeare back for 9 games he's done it before knows the club. I think I've got more faith in him than Stowell and Sadler.

7 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I'd say every other possibility is worse though. 

People are mad if they think someone like Rafa is going to take a short term interim position.  All the top (in their eyes at least) managers will want longer term contracts and to be protected against relegation or being fired.  Lots of people bemoaning Dyche doing ok at Everton right now, but those that wanted him here wanted on a short term deal till the end of the season. He got a 2.5 year deal at Everton.  Rafa having another relegation on his CV - massive risk for him!

I'd take Statler and Waldorf (Sowell and Sadler) over Rafa. Rafa won't give a sh1t.

Edited by Chelmofox

46 minutes ago, Onions said:

We have a lot of fans, who have never seen Leicester with another chairman, wanting a change of chairman. You clearly haven’t been here long enough if you think we’ll find anyone better. 

In regards of the management, we’ve sacked him at an awful time, should have been before internationals or given him the season, but the those who screamed ‘anyone is better than Rodgers’ are currently silent, because they’ve seen there isn’t many options out there 

Anyone is better than Rodgers, there you go.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Seriously? 

Look at all of the evidence to hand, if you can't make some pretty solid conclusions then that's on you buddy. 

You can't just have people on hold ready to activate. They will have lists of contacts that they know are interested but the 'meat' in all this will always be the contract negotiation and the timing. We are literally on day 2 of life without Brendan.  If the club are hoping for an interim appointment then this is going to make the contract part a lot harder.

Hopefully the club has learned from Brendan not to give really long term contacts with massive, very one sided, pay-offs built in. 18 months is fine, but please God build in a clause that it will be reviewed if we get relegated - I assume that's the norm, but you never know here. On that basis, Rafa would be fine. 

45 minutes ago, Onions said:

We have a lot of fans, who have never seen Leicester with another chairman, wanting a change of chairman. You clearly haven’t been here long enough if you think we’ll find anyone better. 

In regards of the management, we’ve sacked him at an awful time, should have been before internationals or given him the season, but the those who screamed ‘anyone is better than Rodgers’ are currently silent, because they’ve seen there isn’t many options out there 

.. there are options outthere, the timing is all wrong!!!

As you have stated, why do it now, it is now virtually a poisoned chalice. 

The players do not need someone to come in and throw their weight about, just someone who will keep it simple and let them go out and play.

15 minutes ago, Verumex said:

There's evidence? 

Clubs work in private and we're notoriously good at not leaking stuff like this.

Absence of evidence of activity does not equal no activity. 

Welcome to whatever opinion you have on the situation. 

If it makes you feel better to pretend that the board know what they are doing then that's totally fine. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Reading between the lines.

We want Potter, he's probably keen in summer if we stay up.

Question now is giving ourselves that best opportunity. You'd imagine if a short term appointment they'd be well aware of the Potter interest so crossing their palms with serious silver probably their main incentive if no guarantees beyond summer. 

there are a number of coaches we could try to lure in the summer but we have to get there first as a PL club. That looks increasingly perilous 

54 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

"Deal off, back to square one" Is what i've just been told, believe it was Rafa.

playing hard to get - I don’t blame him unless we are prepared to give him a lengthy contract (ie 3 years +)

Of more concern would be if we were negotiating a lengthier deal and he’s now  backed away from that having asked some questions and received some answers 

• Like 1