Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

The PL is the top league in Europe.  Managing a PL team must be an ambition for most managers.

We're a PL team that has decent resources, great owners and a squad that realistically should be much higher in the PL.  In the recent past we've been challenging for European competitions.

It's a no brainer.  There should be a raft of managers who would love the opportunity to manage City.  We can ignore those that don't.  Top's only problem should be choosing which one, and how quickly he can get them.

2 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

The PL is the top league in Europe.  Managing a PL team must be an ambition for most managers.

We're a PL team that has decent resources, great owners and a squad that realistically should be much higher in the PL.  In the recent past we've been challenging for European competitions.

It's a no brainer.  There should be a raft of managers who would love the opportunity to manage City.  We can ignore those that don't.  Top's only problem should be choosing which one, and how quickly he can get them.

Can anyone else see the problem here ???

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nick said:

No - for me you get the bounce from the players rally to the sacking and hopefully a result or two then the second new manager bounce from the new appointment. It kinda gives a 4 game bounce and they might well be the key points to staying up.

There is a clever boy under those matchboxes…lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Just seen you can get 40/1 on Shakespeare. I’ve championed him before given he’s worked with current backroom team and has done the caretaker role very well before when were in a similar state (much worse now). Worth a punt imo.

You know what, for the next 10 games that wouldn't be an awful shout

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Just seen you can get 40/1 on Shakespeare. I’ve championed him before given he’s worked with current backroom team and has done the caretaker role very well before when were in a similar state (much worse now). Worth a punt imo.

Only issue with betting markets is most say 10 game minimum to class as next permanent manager. Won't be appointed before tonight leaving 9, any interim wouldn't qualify without staying on into next season

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Would prefer Pearson + Shakey. Done it before with us and made an immediate impact at Watford could have kept them up of the board weren’t trigger happy 

Edited by dylanlegend
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm expecting it to be Rafa, the board wanted him before Rodgers but he chose to stay at Newcastle a little longer. Would he be the right man at this time?

Well he started off well at Everton, won 4 out of his first 4, but went on the decline soon after. Went in at Chelsea when they were only sitting 7th and got them to finish 3rd and win the europa league come may. Went to Newcastle with just four games to go, problem was they five points from safety. But I seem to recall despite going down they remained unbeaten in them final four games, including hammer Tottenham on the last day. Just went in there too late. But for the next few years at Newcastle, he got them promoted and comfortably kept in the premier league on a small budget. 

Negative I'm not sure he would be a suitable long term option, plus i'm not sure he'd stand for the no transfer fee rule we seem to have now. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

Just now, dylanlegend said:

Would prefer Pearson. Done it before with us and made an immediate impact at Watford could have kept them up of the board weren’t trigger happy 

The difference with Nige is he'd presumably only leave for something more long term. Shakey is without a club after leaving Norwich 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

The difference with Nige is he'd presumably only leave for something more long term. Shakey is without a club after leaving Norwich 

Personally I’d give it to that management team (NP + Shakey) long term but I can only dream 

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I'm expecting it to be Rafa, the board wanted him before Rodgers but he chose to stay at Newcastle a little longer. Would he be the right man at this time?

Well he started off well at Everton, won 4 out of his first 4, but went on the decline soon after. Went in at Chelsea when they were only sitting 7th and got them to finish 3rd and win the europa league come may. Went to Newcastle with just four games to go, problem was they five points from safety. But I seem to recall despite going down they remained unbeaten in them final four games, including hammer Tottenham on the last day. Just went in there too late. But for the next few years at Newcastle, he got them promoted and comfortably kept in the premier league on a small budget. 

Rafa is overrated. Despite NU fans Rafa was no better than Bruce at Newcastle 

I'd only take Shakspeare if we've exhausted a lot of other options. And it would be a big indictment on the board. 

The main reason he was briefly successful was because he knew all the players. He doesn't really know any of these players; it isn't even the same training ground. A lot has changed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guesty said:

It's awful. You hear all these great things about Susan Whelan. I'm slowly starting to wonder if the reason she's here is because they don't want her anywhere near the actual King Power business. We've had a lot of success under them. Which seems to be down to appointing managers that take control of a club, doing their job for them and getting lucky.

If Rudkin is still there after this debacle it's clear the board are clueless. 

Showing loyalty to Rodgers is admirable I suppose. But having no idea or plan who to replace him with is a dereliction of duty.

Yes that last sentence is damning,but I suppose they belief in giving success some support in bad times…They tend to have history in this valuation…

I’m not saying we should go for Potter, but IF he’s on our radar and IF the board want him then we need to go all out, make him feel special and genuinely agree to a long term rebuild. After his Chelsea time I reckon a club that makes him feel valued will appeal. 

9 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

Only issue with betting markets is most say 10 game minimum to class as next permanent manager. Won't be appointed before tonight leaving 9, any interim wouldn't qualify without staying on into next season

With seemingly no successor lined up and ten games left, could be worth having a few quid on Stowell (18/1)/Sadler (20/1). Win tonight and then again on Saturday and you could see them given until the end of the season. 

Anyone good wouldn't want to be temporary.

Anyone temporary wouldn't be good.

And anyone REALLY good wouldn't want to potentially manage in the Championship next season.

The best outcome would be to somehow see out the season with caretakers, squeaking above 18th, and then reassess in the summer when out status is assured. In the summer, if we're still a Prem team, I think we would be appealing to Potter/Frank or someone similar. 

I feel like we'll panic and go for a Rafa type though, and I can see that sealing us relegation in the next year or two.

• Like 2