Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

For me the Pearson era is long gone, we need to accept that. You have to remember he's been struggling at Bristol City last few seasons in the championship. 

You just can't judge Pearson else where. He fits us like a perfectly fitting silk glove. He knows it, he will be back at us some day, mark my words. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

You just can't judge Pearson else where. He fits us like a perfectly fitting silk glove. He knows it, he will be back at us some day, mark my words. 

Possibly next season in the championship. We've out grown him in the Premier league. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Sometimes, for some reason, things just work for certain people at certain clubs despite all logic and reasoning. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is that true ?

In the Prem

Benitez

Games managed - 86

Games won - 27 (31% win rate)

Games drawn - 21

Games lost - 38

97 goals scored, 107 conceded

Total Points - 102 (1.19 points per match)

Bruce

Games managed - 84

Games won - 23 (27% win rate)

Games drawn - 23

Games lost - 38

94 goals scored, 139 goals conceded

Total points - 92 (1.10 points per match)

Not much in it really, conceded a lot more goals under Bruce though

Benitez also had a lot less to spend than Bruce though I believe

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

In all seriousness, Hütter is a pretty hardcore 3-4-3 guy and that would be a big shock to the system with 10 matches left.

He is, but did occasionally revert to a 4-2-3-1 at Gladbach, and his Frankfurt team also played more of a 3-4-1-2.

Could see us adapting nicely to his 3-4-3 for the rest of the season tbh! Cags back as a wide centre back, Maddison, Kelechi and Barnes up front. 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is that true ?

Benitez had a net spend of around 3 million. Bruce's was 67 mill. 

Benitez had to beg borrow and steal there. His only real big signing was Almiron.

I think a lot of Newcastle fans used to wonder what would have happened if he'd been backed a bit more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Possibly next season in the championship. We've out grown him in the Premier league. 

I don't know how you can say this. He was one of most progressive managers who ran us like an award winning German tyre manufacturing plant.

We have him to thank for all of the success we've had over the last 8 years and he never reached his ceiling. 

We're crying out for his direction, systems and discipline. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Martin O'Neill about to be on talksport talking Leicester (well, at some point in the next hour).

He'll be viewing this as perfect opportunity to get back in the game. 

I'm not advocating it at all but he'd definitely create a good atmosphere at the KP.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Sometimes, for some reason, things just work for certain people at certain clubs despite all logic and reasoning. 

Exactly this. He has a strut and smirk around the place I've only seen at Leicester. 

Just now, LVFox said:

Martin O'Neill about to be on talksport talking Leicester (well, at some point in the next hour).

I'm not advocating it at all but he'd definitely create a good atmosphere at the KP.

The games moved on way too much imo. If people are scoffing at Pearson then this shouldn't be considered 

• Like 4

Just now, Collymore said:

I don't know how you can say this. He was one of most progressive managers who ran us like an award winning German tyre manufacturing plant.

We have him to thank for all of the success we've had over the last 8 years and he never reached his ceiling. 

But he was successful here as part of a 3 man team. Without Shakespeare and Walsh he's not the same as all his post Leicester jobs have shown. Same thing happened to Clough without taylor and O Neil without Robertson.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Benitez had a net spend of around 3 million. Bruce's was 67 mill. 

Benitez had to beg borrow and steal there. His only real big signing was Almiron.

I think a lot of Newcastle fans used to wonder what would have happened if he'd been backed a bit more.

Everton didn't exactly have much money either, plus entered a club where fans didn't want him either.

Gary Rowett deserves a go seems have done amazing job at Millwall, but I'm not sure TOP would dive into the championship to bring a manager in. 

1 minute ago, Gubbins said:

But he was successful here as part of a 3 man team. Without Shakespeare and Walsh he's not the same as all his post Leicester jobs have shown. Same thing happened to Clough without taylor and O Neil without Robertson.

It's not an exact science. 

2 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Martin O'Neill with Neil Lennon as assistant. Could work on a short term maybe, but I'm not sure if Martin has strength no more for a premier league job. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

Well get Shakey and Walsh to come back with him! I’m sure Rodgers wages alone would cover all 3 with change to spare 

Edited by dylanlegend

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The games moved on way too much imo. If people are scoffing at Pearson then this shouldn't be considered 

Oh I agree! Just letting people know really.

In all honesty I think anyone can see us safe short term, including Sadler and Stowell.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Exactly. We need someone to make big decisions and get us back to basics.

He’s not pulling up trees at Bristol City they have a low budget but if you read their forum most of the thier fans love him 

6 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Rafa finished 13th in his final season at Newcastle. With Bruce they finished 13th and 12th. Pretty much exactly the same points as well.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/newcastle-united/platzierungen/verein/762

You have to provide some context there.

He finished 10th with a newly promoted side in his first PL season. 

Then the final season it was long rumoured Benitez would leave. 

After those two seasons of stabilisation, Bruce had money to spend 

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Martin O'Neill with Neil Lennon as assistant. Could work on a short term maybe, but I'm not sure if Martin has strength no more for a premier league job. 

OK I got it.

Np- manager

Lennon - Assistant 

MON -Director of football.

Shakespeare-First team coach

Powell -First team coach 

Walsh -Head Scout.

Everybody happy? 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, LVFox said:

My Nokia 3310 was great in 2000 but wouldn't go back to using one now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

OK I got it.

Np- manager

Lennon - Assistant 

Powell -First team coach 

Walsh -Head Scout.

Everybody happy? 

You need to fit in Cambiasso? He'd be buzzing with a role in the academy surely. 

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

OK I got it.

Np- manager

Lennon - Assistant 

Powell -First team coach 

Walsh -Head Scout.

Everybody happy? 

Ranieri head chef? :claudio:

21 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Becuase we cannot go backwards. He's been sacked from here twice. Yes he got the best out of a bunch of "no hopes and rejects" but now we have a different set of players. A different breed. Besides I cannot see the club going for him for a 3rd time and I can't see him wanting to come here again. We need a bastard to come in yes, but not him. Something a bit fresh and different.