Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Top could be tempted to play it safe. I'm sure he'll be aware of the murmurings of discontent towards himself from certain parts of the fanbase. Pearson could easily be considered due to his familiarity with the club. You'll struggle to find a bigger Pearson fan than me but personally I think we should leave him where he is with his legendary status intact. 

If we were to get relegated though.....:pearson:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

You have to provide some context there.

He finished 10th with a newly promoted side in his first PL season. 

Then the final season it was long rumoured Benitez would leave. 

After those two seasons of stabilisation, Bruce had money to spend 

Context is… not taking account of ‘net spend’ as they sold Perez, Mitrovic etc for big money=

17/18 + 18/19 = Rafa total spend on signings = €106million

19/20 + 20/21 = Bruce total spend on signings = €111.5million (€44million was Joelinton)

Rafa notable signings = Almiron, Murphy, Muto

Bruce notable signings = Wilson, Willock, Saint Maximan, Joelinton 

On that basis think I’d rather have Bruce 🤣

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Context is… not taking account of ‘net spend’ as they sold Perez, Mitrovic etc for big money=

17/18 + 18/19 = Rafa total spend on signings = €106million

19/20 + 20/21 = Bruce total spend on signings = €111.5million (€44million was Joelinton)

Rafa notable signings = Almiron, Murphy, Muto

Bruce notable signings = Wilson, Willock, Saint Maximan, Joelinton 

On that basis think I’d rather have Bruce 🤣

Which is part of a manager's ability to make players better and make them sellable assets. 

I'm not sure Thomas Frank would change jobs. He's probably delighted to be at Brentford. While you're a bigger club, at this moment in time, it is probably more attractive for him to stay put. Carrick will probably want to stay where he is as well. It is a risky proposition to come to Leicester now for a young and upcoming manager. I think if you survive, he might consider it, but if he goes down with you, that would be a big blow to him.

As unpopular as it might be, Rafa might be a decent shot. He has the experience, and I think he would not worry about any fallout from a relegation. He'd also be willing to stay if you go down, and he has a proven track record.

I'd stay away from Steve Bruce.

• Like 1

Benitez for last 9-10 games (sigh)... Thomas Frank in the summer. Got a lot of rebuilding to do, and I think Frank has done an incredible job at Brentford. He would get a huge pay rise and really relish working at our training ground IMO. 

Have to stay up though! :fc:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

Possibly next season in the championship. We've out grown him in the Premier league. 

We’re second from bottom. Our squad value has been decimated. We look destined for relegation and we’re going to be forced into a rebuild no matter what happens this season but we’ve somehow outgrown Nigel Pearson. We’re a far cry from the Leicester City of only two years ago. 

The only thing we’ve outgrown is our budget because of our wage bill. lol

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Training ground + huge pay rise

Current Salary 

Thomas Frank

Brentford

£1.5 million 

If he gets them into Europe, and with our current financial plight, I doubt very much the salaries offered would be much different.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Training ground + huge pay rise

Current Salary 

Thomas Frank

Brentford

£1.5 million 

Yeah Seagrave isn't the selling point we think it is given the nosedive since we've been there.  And I'm not sure we should be giving it big licks about wages seeing how we're totally shafted by FFP and Brendan's contract was a joke. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We've just paid Brendan the thick end of £200K a week and we've finally got shot of him, and fans are falling over each other saying we should just throw money at the next guy. 

Unreal. 

Realistically we can't be doing over 3m a year, pushing 4 if its an absolutely outstanding candidate willing to meet us in the middle. The Rodgers contract was an outlier that I doubt will be repeated. It shouldn't be repeated either. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We've just paid Brendan the thick end of £200K a week and we've finally got shot of him, and fans are falling over each other saying we should just throw money at the next guy. 

Unreal. 

Yeh, that is exactly what I said...:thumbup:

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah Seagrave isn't the selling point we think it is given the nosedive since we've been there.  And I'm not sure we should be giving it big licks about wages seeing how we're totally shafted by FFP and Brendan's contract was a joke. 

I think Seagrave is, and will remain, a huge selling point to Managers. 

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

We won the FA Cup, Top 5 finishes 2 years in a row, Top 10 last year and top 10 for last 5 seasons and now we're having 1 bad season all of a sudden we are a crappy team destined for relegation and only has been mangers should come to us? Get a grip will you. Leicester City is still an attractive proposition for managers, especially if/when we secure our league status. 

I’m afraid it’s not that attractive when you scratch the surface. With all the players leaving and all the contracts running down, plus all the injuries. Whoever comes in has got an absolutely huge rebuilding job to do on potentially a limited budget. 

• Like 4