Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, hejammy said:

We won the FA Cup, Top 5 finishes 2 years in a row, Top 10 last year and top 10 for last 5 seasons and now we're having 1 bad season all of a sudden we are a crappy team destined for relegation and only has been mangers should come to us? Get a grip will you. Leicester City is still an attractive proposition for managers, especially if/when we secure our league status. 

Luck and making the calls at the right times is so important in business. If we had parted company with Brendan last summer, what you've said has us punching above our weight and attractive some real talent in terms of targets.

Now, we are a team very much on the way down. Reactive. Little investment. A squad that needs rebuilding. 

If I was looking for a job, I would wait and see too. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Context is… not taking account of ‘net spend’ as they sold Perez, Mitrovic etc for big money=

17/18 + 18/19 = Rafa total spend on signings = €106million

19/20 + 20/21 = Bruce total spend on signings = €111.5million (€44million was Joelinton)

Rafa notable signings = Almiron, Murphy, Muto

Bruce notable signings = Wilson, Willock, Saint Maximan, Joelinton 

On that basis think I’d rather have Bruce 🤣

Just so you know, Bruce had no involvement at all in transfer policy while at NUFC. It was all done via Steve Nickson (head of recruitment) who is still there now working under Dan Ashworth. 

Rafa was afforded a lot more control. Some signings he got wrong but in general he did well having to wheel and deal. Almiron has turned into a good player - his best signing of all was probably Fabian Schar who only cost £3m and has been one of the best defenders in the league this season.

Also, being able to sell Perez for such big money was down to his improvement under Rafa. He was our best player in 2018/19.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Guesty said:

I'd only take Shakspeare if we've exhausted a lot of other options. And it would be a big indictment on the board. 

The main reason he was briefly successful was because he knew all the players. He doesn't really know any of these players; it isn't even the same training ground. A lot has changed.

Does he need to use the new training ground? give the new manager the freedom to harden up the players.

If we win, spend the week at seagrave, if we lose its bradgate park.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Luck and making the calls at the right times is so important in business. If we had parted company with Brendan last summer, what you've said has us punching above our weight and attractive some real talent in terms of targets.

Now, we are a team very much on the way down. Reactive. Little investment. A squad that needs rebuilding. 

If I was looking for a job, I would wait and see too. 

A lot of managers would relish the opportunity to build their own team. We have the infrastructure and to a certain degree the pull, especially from Europe. All depends on the next 10 games. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’m afraid it’s not that attractive when you scratch the surface. With all the players leaving and all the contracts running down, plus all the injuries. Whoever comes in has got an absolutely huge rebuilding job to do on potentially a limited budget. 

I would say its a horrid job.

Last 1/4 of the season in bottom 3 with horrible momentum. High risk of relegation on CV.

Little money to spend.

Star players winding down contracts.

Amazing how things can change in just a few years.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

A lot of managers would relish the opportunity to build their own team. We have the infrastructure and to a certain degree the pull, especially from Europe. All depends on the next 10 games. 

I agree. However, what I am saying is so do a lot of other clubs. Brentford, Fulham, Bournemouth, Brighton, Everton, Palace, Forest etc. all have potential in this league. This league creates ambition just because of the money available. The difference is perhaps our pull was bigger a year ago. We now make up numbers - when Brendan was appointed the squad, ambition etc. set us apart (only the Top 6 looked more lucrative). Now, not so much. It’s just being realistic. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Don't think we have given up on Potter somehow...

I agree 

but not sure he will break as easily as Brendan did to leave Celtic mid season 

OK I got it.

Np- manager

Lennon - Assistant 

MON -Director of football.

Shakespeare-First team coach

Powell -First team coach 

Walsh -Head Scout.

Everybody happy? 

Looks Iike a good line up to get us out of league 1 in 2026! 

15 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Anybody who thinks that Thomas Frank or anyone else is coming to Leicester because of a few nicely mown pitches off the A46 is an idiot.

Does he like pitch and putt?😜

14 minutes ago, winter-magpie said:

Just so you know, Bruce had no involvement at all in transfer policy while at NUFC. It was all done via Steve Nickson (head of recruitment) who is still there now working under Dan Ashworth. 

Rafa was afforded a lot more control. Some signings he got wrong but in general he did well having to wheel and deal. Almiron has turned into a good player - his best signing of all was probably Fabian Schar who only cost £3m and has been one of the best defenders in the league this season.

Also, being able to sell Perez for such big money was down to his improvement under Rafa. He was our best player in 2018/19.

You signed Sant Maximan, Joelinton, Wilson as well while Bruce was at the club. On the whole Rafa wasted more money looking at  the list. Schar is a fair point.  

Selling Perez for that much money was mainly down to a certain club having a little dwarf in charge who decided to pay twice as much as he was worth.

I just don’t think the stats show Rafa was any better than Bruce on the whole and they had practically the same budget. I know you will say different but stats wise Rafa wasn’t as good as everyone made out. Similar to Rodgers was good at building himself up etc moaning against the board which ultimately was what Newcastle fans wanted, and fair enough for that. You didn’t like Bruce cos he was Ashley’s Yes man.

17 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Anybody who thinks that Thomas Frank or anyone else is coming to Leicester because of a few nicely mown pitches off the A46 is an idiot.

I don't think Frank will come here because I think he's outside of our budget given we've paid Rodgers off and would have to buy Frank out.

But (assuming both Brentford and Leicester are Premier League clubs) you're off your rocker if you think Frank would turn us down.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I agree. However, what I am saying is so do a lot of other clubs. Brentford, Fulham, Bournemouth, Brighton, Everton, Palace, Forest etc. all have potential in this league. This league creates ambition just because of the money available. The difference is perhaps are pull was bigger a year ago. We now make up numbers - when Brendan was appointed the squad, ambition etc. set us apart (only the Top 6 looked more lucrative). Now, not so much. Its just being realistic. 

I agree to an extent. But just with our infrastructure and recent success, we would be at the top of that list that you have given surely. Maybe not right now but certainly if/when we secure premier league survival. 

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’m afraid it’s not that attractive when you scratch the surface. With all the players leaving and all the contracts running down, plus all the injuries. Whoever comes in has got an absolutely huge rebuilding job to do on potentially a limited budget. 

We don’t know how much will be made available for a rebuild.

I’d have thought the chance of bringing in 10 new players that suit your style of play would be a plus point for most managers.

21 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Is there any truth to Hutter, did a great job at Frankfurt

I don’t know, but seems like a an  un obvious name in a fairly obvious lot, so my flawed logic is making me think it’s him.

Edited by teblin

Don't think we have given up on Potter somehow...

Nor me. I think he doesn't want the job now but would take it in the summer if we stay up.

I don't think he's turned us down. He just doesn't want to tie himself into potentially managing a Championship club.

If we stay up then I think he'll be straight up the M1.

15 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Not if that club will still be forced to work with significant budget restrictions. We’ve had some incredible years but we need to be honest about the current state of the club and the impact the pandemic had on the overall health of the club.

We’re likely facing a difficult rebuilding period and aren’t guaranteed to be starting that project in the Premier League. 

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't think Frank will come here because I think he's outside of our budget given we've paid Rodgers off and would have to buy Frank out.

But (assuming both Brentford and Leicester are Premier League clubs) you're off your rocker if you think Frank would turn us down.

Did we pay Rodgers off? Any truth to the rumour that we had a clause to not pay him, if we were out of the cups and in the bottom 3? 

32 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Awful take. If they don’t get Europe and we stay up we’re the more attractive proposition in the summer by some distance. 

Better project. More money to spend in the summer. Bigger club. Bigger stadium both now and in the future. Better training ground. And a lot bigger of a contract.

Edited by Aleksz

13 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I agree to an extent. But just with our infrastructure and recent success, we would be at the top of that list that you have given surely. Maybe not right now but certainly if/when we secure premier league survival. 

I think its very similar to when we won the league and then sacked Ranieri. We perhaps werent as big a pull as we were back in the summer of 2016. I think it took us a few years to rebuild that reputation. When we acquired Brendan, we were on high it was very obvious that we had a exceptional squad (outside the top 6) and genuine ambition. I think back then we could've had a pick of candidates - Brendan was genuinely a high profile appointment. 

I think we need to do that again in order to re-establish ourselves as a product that sells itself. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes