Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Some may laugh all they want but I genuinely believe Big Sam or Rafa would do the job 

Don't turn your nose up at these pair, folk can throw around some names like Poch, Potter etc but forget the absolute mess we are in 

We need someone in before Saturday, desperately 

On the Forest-Cooper point my brother in law is a massive Forest fan and he was saying before they lost last night that they are pretty close to sacking him as apparently the owner is furious with all the money spent and where they are in the league, think he will be the next to go within the week 

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Has to be someone like Big Sam. 

Can’t believe I’m saying that, but it needs someone with a big set of bollocks to tell these players how it is.

Don't think he has that big set of bollocks anymore since the England debacle

Guest Mee-9
4 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Don't think he has that big set of bollocks anymore since the England debacle

Had them surgically reduced has he?

I can’t see anyone but Big Sam if i’m honest who can come in and lead such a quick turnaround.

Just now, Mee-9 said:

Had them surgically reduced has he?

I can’t see anyone but Big Sam if i’m honest who can come in and lead such a quick turnaround.

Just going off the last two jobs where he failed to make an impact. The latter were still relegated

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Because he doesn’t want a short-term gig or because the owners couldn’t persuade him to take it on permanently? 

Wanted the £10 million a year Rodgers was on :P jokes aside, I do worry that's set a precedent now

• Like 1

As a few others have said re Rudkin, the fact that we still have Mike Stowell on the touchline as go to caretaker, with all the change we've been through over the years, is indicative of the real issues we have behind the scenes at the club.

He was first a caretaker at this club in 2007, 16 ****ing years ago!! And he's still the go to man? 

Best training ground and academy facilities in the country and there's not one member of staff you'd look at and think 'i'd take him till the end of the season!' It's absolutely nuts. (Tell a lie, i'd have given it to Knudsen in a heartbeat but we don't have that vision....)

As an aside Stowell is very good mates with Big Sam, as is Shakey.... not beyond the realms of possibility sadly :( 

Edited by AjcW

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I actually wouldn’t have a major issue with Hassenhutl on a short term deal to the end of the season, yes he had an horrendous time of it at the end of his tenure at Southampton and will always be remembered for the two 9-0

drubbings but he also had some success as well, and much like Rodgers I actually feel he is a manager who comes in and has a decent impact for first 12 - 18 months, so on a short term contract, could be just the manager to get us 12 points from 9 games and keep us up. 

I would be fine with Ralph, honestly.  I think he’s a decent, competent tactician and man manager.  But he’s going to want at least next season guaranteed, not a 9 match interim deal.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, teblin said:

Tanner saying Sadler and stowell until the end of the season is the plan.

It’s a no from me.

Can't read that without thinking....

NO WIN NO FEE... I SAID NO WINNNN NO FEEEEEEE

1 minute ago, roblcfc84 said:

Can see us returning with a longer term offer after last night. Think he could be in by Saturday. Obviously speculation. 

I think they will look at last night and think we would have got a point with eleven men so leave SAS in charge as they expect should beat Bournemouth- hugely arrogant approach imo and financial gamble - but then the gamble of giving Rafa and his team a three year deal and getting relegated is also a financial gamble 

rock and hard place 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, teblin said:

It’s a no from me.

He doesn’t quite say that. It all depends on the Bournemouth game, apparently. If we play well and win, the club will stick with Stowell and Sadler; if there’s no obvious improvement and we don’t win, they’ll try to bring somebody else in for the last eight games.

• Like 1

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

He doesn’t quite say that. It all depends on the Bournemouth game, apparently. If we play well and win, the club will stick with Stowell and Sadler; if there’s no obvious improvement and we don’t win, they’ll try to bring somebody else in for the last eight games.

They’ve gambled long enough on Rodgers and while they were positives last night, I’m not sure they’ve done enough to warrant being considered. Bournemouth is probably one of the biggest games in the clubs history.

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

May as well of kept Rodgers if we aren't going to get anyone in. 

At the very least we need to add a coach with managerial experience to support. 

I think a lot of people said that last night as they watched the game 

Every corner in the game (defensive or offensive) - Villa’s set piece coach was at the front of his tech area pointing everyone to where he wanted them and taking charge 

Knudsen came to the touchline twice in the whole game 

and why o why is barnes stood  near madders for a short corner if the opponent is only going to take one man out of the area ?  Pointless and we actually lose a man from the area to do it.  Unless you draw two men out don’t do it   - but if you have two on one at the corner then use that ??

4 minutes ago, teblin said:

It’s a no from me.

And that makes sense, they know the players inside out. Villa are a team in form and we did ok till the sending off. Cut out the brain farts, spend a couple of days with Souttar practicing heading from set pieces and voila.

6 minutes ago, apollo4joe said:

If this is true then I'm absolutely flabbergasted. Utter incompetency at all levels in the club

Well it’s not unlike the club to stick with a flawed and failing situation until it’s too late.