Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Whenever I've mentioned Pearson post 2016 it's been a bit tongue-in-cheek but I'd 100% have him back. He's one of the few blokes that's ever showed any vision for the club.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I’ve stated it before, it wouldn’t be a popular choice, and a lot of fans would want someone far more glamorous and experienced. Go and get Michael Duff from Barnsley, he’d be on next to nothing, and he’s not going to turn down the option to come to a club like ours from there. He demands standards, doesn’t take any shit, and is a very good man manager in getting the club aligned from top to bottom. He plays good football, strong defensive base and has players from all over the pitch scoring from Barnsley. He might not keep us up but he’d be best placed to rebuild the foundations of a club that is about to go through a shit storm and have to be tight on the purse strings. 

It would be a gamble but we need someone who has experience in the game, could drive the standards and wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg when we’re very likely to be going into financial uncertainty.

I'm sold on this after seeing how much of a game his Cheltenham team gave man City In the cup a couple years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

We have 9 games but 3 against City, Liverpool and Newcastle. So arguably 6 realistically and probably need to win 4 of those. 

It ain't happening guys for a side that's lost 18 in 29 so far. 

I genuinely believe it could if we got someone in to put some ****ing confidence and belief in to these players. Bournemouth, Everton, Wolves and West Ham at home are winnable. We should be looking at Leeds away as at least a point and Fulham are slipping without Mitrovic. This is in our hands if the club ****ing act and get a real manager in.

Edited by Fox 4 Life

2 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

We have 9 games but 3 against Man City, Liverpool and Newcastle. So arguably 6 realistically and probably need to win 4 of those. 

It ain't happening guys for a side that's lost 18 in 29 so far. 

It's the little things :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm not sure how this helps sell your asset. 

The big issue here IMO is that King Power hold the purse strings, and Top cannot make big financial decisions without board approval. I wouldn't be shocked if the board have ruled out large investment now, they don't have the passion for it like Top and his dad did. I thought it was odd when he personally leant the club money, rather than it being KP... and that would play into it. He might be operating with his hands tied. 

No not at all. Terrible management and blind faith in Brendan I think.

33 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I’ve stated it before, it wouldn’t be a popular choice, and a lot of fans would want someone far more glamorous and experienced. Go and get Michael Duff from Barnsley, he’d be on next to nothing, and he’s not going to turn down the option to come to a club like ours from there. He demands standards, doesn’t take any shit, and is a very good man manager in getting the club aligned from top to bottom. He plays good football, strong defensive base and has players from all over the pitch scoring from Barnsley. He might not keep us up but he’d be best placed to rebuild the foundations of a club that is about to go through a shit storm and have to be tight on the purse strings. 

It would be a gamble but we need someone who has experience in the game, could drive the standards and wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg when we’re very likely to be going into financial uncertainty.

That's a good realistic option. Not enough of a name for our tards at board level though.They'd rather reappoint Sven.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, teblin said:

Tanner saying Sadler and stowell until the end of the season is the plan.

It’s a no from me.

Who in their right mind would say yes to a 8-9 game deal. Nobody knows what division we will be in, what players are likely to be here and what funds we will have available.

And let’s be honest, is an interim going to make enough of a difference? Their first game would be Man City. Bournemouth is the crucial game which Sadler and Stowell would have always been in charge of anyway. Lose that and we’re done for and then we can aim for a Championship level manager. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, teblin said:

No not at all. Terrible management and blind faith in Brendan I think.

I get his point of view, I just don't agree with it. We've been through enough bad runs and come out the other side under Rodgers, I can see why you'd think it would happen again. I just think they totally misjudged the rot he'd set in motion. Plus, if we are financially shackled, it makes it an even harder decision. 

1 hour ago, apollo4joe said:

If this is true then I'm absolutely flabbergasted. Utter incompetency at all levels in the club

It doesn’t say that, it’s Tanner talking around the houses and saying very generic things to cover up the fact he doesn’t know what is happening. 

6 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I genuinely believe it could if we got someone in to put some ****ing confidence and belief in to these players. Bournemouth, Everton, Wolves and West Ham at home are winnable. We should be looking at Leeds away as at least a point and Fulham are slipping without Mitrovic. This is in our hands if the club ****ing act and get a real manager in.

I know what you mean but it’s a big ask at this stage. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I get his point of view, I just don't agree with it. We've been through enough bad runs and come out the other side under Rodgers, I can see why you'd think it would happen again. I just think they totally misjudged the rot he'd set in motion. Plus, if we are financially shackled, it makes it an even harder decision. 

Yep 100% agree. Should’ve gone after Brighton in September.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shiv said:

Who in their right mind would say yes to a 8-9 game deal. Nobody knows what division we will be in, what players are likely to be here and what funds we will have available.

And let’s be honest, is an interim going to make enough of a difference? Their first game would be Man City. Bournemouth is the crucial game which Sadler and Stowell would have always been in charge of anyway. Lose that and we’re done for and then we can aim for a Championship level manager. 

At this stage, this season is a write off, lets get ahead of the game and appoint the best man for the job (Championship football and developing a new identity)

Edited by Focks
spelling

1 minute ago, Fansincethe80s said:

It doesn’t say that, it’s Tanner talking around the houses and saying very generic things to cover up the fact he doesn’t know what is happening. 

He also said last night that Sadler hadn’t been told if he will be in charge for Saturday, don’t buy in to Tanners nonsense.

• Like 1

Shouldn't Knudsen be the senior interim coach here? He's actually been a manager. Stowell and Sadler have always been coaches. Quite illustrative of our decline actually, loyalty and length of service seems to trump everything else.

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9
1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Shouldn't Knudsen be the senior interim coach here? He's actually been a manager. Stowell and Sadler have always been coaches. Quite illustrative of our decline actually, loyalty and length of service seems to trump everything else.

This is exactly what I thought last night.

He's got the most experience, yeah he might not know the club but tactically he can make a difference. He has from set pieces. 

We've had some rough patches in the relatively recent past and every time the board have made the right call. 

I'm desperately trying to put my faith in them to see us through this again, but I'm struggling. 

Sometimes your luck just runs out.

• Like 3

I don’t care if we do an Everton and stay up by the skin of our teeth, we just need someone experienced, whether it’s Ranieri / Allardyce whoever it is we need to stay up at all costs. 

The board need to wake up.

• Like 1

I am sorry but dumb n dumber havent a clue.  Last night, after KDH was sent off they stood talking on the touchline forever not having a clue what to do.  If they are going to remain in charge to the end of the season we are definitely down.  (Sadler and Stowell).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I mean it’s one thing taking so long to remove Rodgers but you’d have hoped the reasoning for taking so long was to sound people out.

Oh you simple delusional fool lol

WelcomeLeicesterSign-e1422977382964-640x400.jpg

6 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I am sorry but dumb n dumber havent a clue.  Last night, after KDH was sent off they stood talking on the touchline forever not having a clue what to do.  If they are going to remain in charge to the end of the season we are definitely down.  (Sadler and Stowell).

I said that to my lad last night when KDH got his first yellow about the way the lad was going in and tackling looked like a red incoming then they were just about to sub him off after so much time in deliberation with each other they missed their chance and KDH was sent packing, they looked like they hadn’t got a bloody clue how to change things or who to Sub off the hierarchy need to take their collective thumbs out of their Ar5es & get in someone who knows what they’re doing before it’s far too late !

• Like 2

A month ago, I would have never of said it but things are so bad that I think we should give it to Rafa.

If he doesn't want it for 9 games and wants 18 months - give it to him. If by some miracle we stayed up, next season is likely to be just as tough. If we go down, then he has the experience of getting a team up and then surviving. 

This video is an interesting watch (15-23 ish mins, he gives his opinion on 'modern football' and also people's perceptions on his defensive tactics). Basically, he plays that way when he has limited players at his disposal - so if he joins us he will likely need to go to a 8-1-1!! :-)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

This is what sticks. How many opportunities have we had with international breaks etc to make a decision that every competent human being on earth could see we were sleep walking towards? How many chances did they have? Now look where it’s left us. 

To me it stinks of not recognising or not caring about the situation, and then finally was a panic sacking once the reality started to hit.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1