Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I am sorry but dumb n dumber havent a clue.  Last night, after KDH was sent off they stood talking on the touchline forever not having a clue what to do.  If they are going to remain in charge to the end of the season we are definitely down.  (Sadler and Stowell).

3D81B76E-AC7E-43D9-AC3C-84C55DE0BDD8.jpeg

• Haha 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Imagine if we got Alan Pardew as the interim. 

Might as well go all out the banter button and get Steve Bruce if Pardew was considered.

Or Steve McLaren.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Whenever I've mentioned Pearson post 2016 it's been a bit tongue-in-cheek but I'd 100% have him back. He's one of the few blokes that's ever showed any vision for the club.

Despite what anyone says about his career outside of Leicester. Something about Pearson and Leicester just clicks perfectly. 

• Like 3

Truth is club is in a mess, needs a massive rebuild and dare I say it 2/3 years of stability to build the foundations for another challenge at disrupting the big six. In reality we need a safe pair of hands for a couple of years to stabilise the club and reenergise us. The important thing for me is bringing in a coach who can focus upon fixing our style and identity and making us competitive, leave Glover to the recruitment side and ensure we rebuild our sports science/medical teams and develop a genuine pathway for our more talented academy prospects. 

with all this in mind I really cannot see us being able to bring in a manager for a short term fire fighting contract and I also think we will struggle to attract the likes of Potter etc as we will be seen as high risk given the rebuild required, therefore in my opinion we need a Puel type to come in keep us up and then stabilise for next season by having us in and around the top 12 and safe from any relegation risk. Personally I would offer Hassenhutl a rolling 12 month contract as I think he is the type of manager who will have a positive impact for 18 months - 2 years which would hopefully be enough to keep us safe and then lay the platform to be in around mid table as we rebuild by which time we will then be in a position to attract the next level coach to take us forward. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, County Fox said:

A month ago, I would have never of said it but things are so bad that I think we should give it to Rafa.

If he doesn't want it for 9 games and wants 18 months - give it to him. If by some miracle we stayed up, next season is likely to be just as tough. If we go down, then he has the experience of getting a team up and then surviving. 

This video is an interesting watch (15-23 ish mins, he gives his opinion on 'modern football' and also people's perceptions on his defensive tactics). Basically, he plays that way when he has limited players at his disposal - so if he joins us he will likely need to go to a 8-1-1!! :-)

Shamefully, I agree.

Even more shamefully, we might even be beneath Rafa right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Truth is club is in a mess, needs a massive rebuild and dare I say it 2/3 years of stability to build the foundations for another challenge at disrupting the big six. In reality we need a safe pair of hands for a couple of years to stabilise the club and reenergise us. The important thing for me is bringing in a coach who can focus upon fixing our style and identity and making us competitive, leave Glover to the recruitment side and ensure we rebuild our sports science/medical teams and develop a genuine pathway for our more talented academy prospects. 

with all this in mind I really cannot see us being able to bring in a manager for a short term fire fighting contract and I also think we will struggle to attract the likes of Potter etc as we will be seen as high risk given the rebuild required, therefore in my opinion we need a Puel type to come in keep us up and then stabilise for next season by having us in and around the top 12 and safe from any relegation risk. Personally I would offer Hassenhutl a rolling 12 month contract as I think he is the type of manager who will have a positive impact for 18 months - 2 years which would hopefully be enough to keep us safe and then lay the platform to be in around mid table as we rebuild by which time we will then be in a position to attract the next level coach to take us forward. 

maybe a Manager with Championship experience as that is where we are heading.

25 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I am sorry but dumb n dumber havent a clue.  Last night, after KDH was sent off they stood talking on the touchline forever not having a clue what to do.  If they are going to remain in charge to the end of the season we are definitely down.  (Sadler and Stowell).

You'd probably be a bit perplexed if, given you were just about to sub the lad off (BBC said last night they get informed of subs and RP for KDH was about to happen), he then went and got sent off just as his replacement was getting ready wouldn't you? lol 

• Like 1

Unusual as it is for Thailand,  I really cannot see any happy ending here.

Rogers and Rudders have broken this Club beyond repair.  EFL here we come.

• Haha 2

Guest Mee-9

An interesting thought is to appoint someone like Hasenhuttl, with one eye on the Championship. 

Or you go all out - Go get Pearson, Shakespeare as his assistant, and then say well if we go down we've got a Championship set up ready to go, bringing Walsh in as Head Scout this summer. 

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

An interesting thought is to appoint someone like Hasenhuttl, with one eye on the Championship. 

Or you go all out - Go get Pearson, Shakespeare as his assistant, and then say well if we go down we've got a Championship set up ready to go, bringing Walsh in as Head Scout this summer. 

As much as I liked Pearson & co I am not sure that because they achieved success before that they would deliver now.

that said a Pearson type, building up the whole club is needed.

7 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Honestly don't understand why they aren't doing this right now. If Nige doesn't want to leave Bristol City that would be fair enough but at least put out an SOS. It would be the easiest way to get everyone on side very quickly.

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Honestly don't understand why they aren't doing this right now. If Nige doesn't want to leave Bristol City that would be fair enough but at least put out an SOS. It would be the easiest way to get everyone on side very quickly.

How many of these players played under Pearson? This is just a fan wet dream.

Yesterdays loss was a wake up call to how deep Brendan has eroded out sprit.  Ndidi has become DM Amarty , bombscare.  Id drop Ndidi, Castegne , Vardy.  Get in Praet, Youri and Daka, maybe Kels upfront too.  I think Rafa will have to do, ticks enough boxes for me in this situation.  Brendan Rodger what a Toad.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, teblin said:

Thinking about hassenhutl he would’ve worked with the head of recruitment before. So he could be one they will look at.

I'd take him right now - did better in Germany than the others we are linked with. Knows the league and you can argue was seriously let down with a shit Southampton squad.

Could see him sticking with us in the championship too. **** it, get him in.

• Like 1