Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Cooper is obviously a great manager/coach (he managed to somehow get that absolute shite promoted), but taking a manager from one side fighting a losing relegation battle to another is utterly insane.

Edited by Saxondale
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Flappit said:

Those clamouring for a return of Pearson are failing to understand the psyche of the culture of Thais around 'face'. Bearing in mind the events leading to Pearson's departure and that we still have the same ownership in place... Just give your heads a wobble.

Well they appointed him at Leuven. That’s all water under the bridge.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Cooper is obviously a great manager/coach (he managed to somehow get that absolute shite promoted), but taking a manager from one side fighting a losing relegation battle to another is utterly insane.

Yeah, this for me too. Wouldn't make any sense at all. 

4 minutes ago, Flappit said:

Those clamouring for a return of Pearson are failing to understand the psyche of the culture of Thais around 'face'. Bearing in mind the events leading to Pearson's departure and that we still have the same ownership in place... Just give your heads a wobble.

Link for context: https://www.pattayaunlimited.com/thailand-land-of-face/

I'm not advocating to bring back Pearson but he's been hired by Leuven since leaving us.

3 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Insane is a good description of our Club at the minute tho 😜

2 minutes ago, Flappit said:

Link for context: https://www.pattayaunlimited.com/thailand-land-of-face/

They appointed NP manager at Leuven. NP was at the Burnley game just after Vichai's passing. Their relationship is perfectly amicable. Not that I think they're looking to reappoint NP a third time though.

Would definitely have Cooper - he might fancy sticking it to the idiots above him at a local rival. It was very much a case of owners wanting to ease him out and fans wanting to keep him in - absolute basket case of a club this season.

I don’t think he’ll get offered a better position than us either - maybe depends what happens with people like Frank and De Zerbi in the summer.

However, he might want a bit of a break after a madcap season.

I'd steer clear of all the usual suspects and take a punt on someone like 36yo Kieran McKenna. He's doing a fine job managing Ipswich, having previously been part of Manchester United's backroom staff. He retired from football early through injury and before that was a youth coach here at City, and he also studied at Loughborough University.

• Like 1

Just now, String fellow said:

I'd steer clear of all the usual suspects and take a punt on someone like 36yo Kieran McKenna. He's doing a fine job managing Ipswich, having previously been part of Manchester United's backroom staff. He retired from football early through injury and before that was a youth coach here at City, and he also studied at Loughborough University.

Would have to be the summer. He's on the verge of promotion with Ipswich and we could well be in the same league next season.

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

It's insane we were ever successful. We owe a hell of a lot to Nigel Pearson and the people he brought in. It's been a long time coming and lots of us knew it, we were just negative or wanting to moan for the sake of it though. The recruitment, the contract management, injuries, academy integration, negotiation, lack of foresight, xG regression - it was all there - none of this is new.

Thats even before you mention anything none football related.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, josh_baskin said:

Apparently Albrighton and Evans were sat together in the stands last night, if the club are going down the internal caretaker route till the end of the season, those two appear a more intelligent and tactically knowledgable paring than the two currently taking the reigns.

It’s not football manager ……the two in charge are capable coaches. Stowell had done the job twice before. But when things don’t go well and you’re playing a good side with a very capable coach (who deliberately made the game v tactical) it becomes way more difficult.  I would think that Chris Davies would have ensured we tweaked in the first half to get on top of buendia 

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Don't know if they sufficient coaching badges to work at the top flight.

They don’t 

I’d feel a lot better with being in the Championship with Cooper in charge. He’s a very good coach and there’s no doubt he’s worked wonders at Forest. It would even be harsh for them to sack him, even if Forest go down.