Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/leicester-manager-martin-oneill-rafa-benitez-b2314599.html

I love the man, but this wreaks of the club seeing Hodgson beat us and then trying to replicate it here.

However, what's better? O'Neill with the current coaching team, or the current coaching team leading it on their own? O'Neill is no tactician, never was and certainly is not now, but he might inject some short-term discipline and motivation? He's a man that players want to impress and that might lift everyone. I don't think Stowell and Sadler are going to do that on their own as they are in too deep.

• Like 4

Just for info, Martin O’Neill asked on talksport if he’d take Leicester job, his reply “I haven’t been approached by Leicester City”. Also on talksport just now, looks like Leicester may continue with Sadler till end of the season.

surely worth a punt on O’Neill till end of season 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Just for info, Martin O’Neill asked on talksport if he’d take Leicester job, his reply “I haven’t been approached by Leicester City”. Also on talksport just now, looks like Leicester may continue with Sadler till end of the season.

surely worth a punt on O’Neill till end of season 

no thanks, we would lose every game. The game has completely passed him by (see how his Ireland reign ended, and wasn't brilliant at Forest)

• Like 3

Just now, Ricey said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/leicester-manager-martin-oneill-rafa-benitez-b2314599.html

I love the man, but this wreaks of the club seeing Hodgson beat us and then trying to replicate it here.

However, what's better? O'Neill with the current coaching team, or the current coaching team leading it on their own? O'Neill is no tactician, never was and certainly is not now, but he might inject some short-term discipline and motivation? He's a man that players want to impress and that might lift everyone. I don't think Stowell and Sadler are going to do that on their own as they are in too deep.

Modern football has changed a lot in the last 15 years, can you still berate players?

Having read former players biographies. They would bump into Martin having a drink etc 

he had a great rapport with them.

Would this era of mollycoddled young players, with Supercars and £5000 man bags take to a man like Martin after having Rodgers for so long in their careers.

1 minute ago, Dave Fishwick said:

no thanks, we would lose every game. The game has completely passed him by (see how his Ireland reign ended, and wasn't brilliant at Forest)

Don’t get me wrong, I’d prefer Rafa till end of season, but beggars can’t be choosers so if it was O’Neill or Sadler/Stowell, I’d go the former because there was no plan last night imo

I do think Cooper would be tempted. He’s not had it as rough as Potter did at Chelsea. I believe he is still liked by the forest fans….. 

It depends on the character of the manager, if they want to get back on the horse so to speak. Either way, I’d find it utterly ridiculous If Forest manager to hire someone and we don’t. 

I love MON. Growing up,  he and his team were my heroes. I probably still love that team as much as any we’ve ever had, including the title winners, and MON as much as any manager we’ve had. But really not sure he’s a good option now. Jeeez it’s all got so depressing. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Modern football has changed a lot in the last 15 years, can you still berate players?

Having read former players biographies. They would bump into Martin having a drink etc 

he had a great rapport with them.

Would this era of mollycoddled young players, with Supercars and £5000 man bags take to a man like Martin after having Rodgers for so long in their careers.

When we were under pressure last night, we pulled everybody back. Why didn’t we leave Daka on the half way line for a ball out, it even pulls a defender out the box, why couldn’t they see that last night? The game hasn’t changed that much

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

We need a coach / tactician who can give us a semblance of balance. I'm not sure we need someone who doesn't get his hands dirty on the training pitch like O'Neil. 

The hope was that the players were not giving it their all (mentally which dictates physically) because they’d lost faith in rodgers

last night showed that isn’t the case

so we’re left with the only option of a new voice who understands tactics and has a small chance of getting into their heads and making them believe 

this is why is felt Rafa was the best person when rodgers was sacked and I still do 

but I get the sense from those who have heard a few tit bits that for whatever reason, this won’t be happening 

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

I love MON. Growing he and his team were my heroes. I probably still love that team as much as any we’ve ever had, including the title winners, and MON as much as any manager we’ve had. But really not sure he’s a good option now. Jeeez it’s all got so depressing. 

Agreed. The thing with MON tho you knew he could organize and motivate and didn’t take any sh*t - characteristics all missing in recent times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

When we were under pressure last night, we pulled everybody back. Why didn’t we leave Daka on the half way line for a ball out, it even pulls a defender out the box, why couldn’t they see that last night? The game hasn’t changed that much

We had ten men 

if daka occupies 2 then that still leaves them with overloads all over the park because we aren’t going to go one for one in central defence.

Emery worked that out by bringing on another striker and allowing Watkins/Duran to wander rather than go directly up against souttar/faes 

our best hope was a low block and get ten behind the ball then play out when we could - (if wilf was capable of playing a ten yard pass in front of Barnes then who knows what may have happened - we would probably have held out for a point). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Get Rafa in for an 18months contract, if that’s what he wants. Just get it done ffs. Hurry the fvck up Top, Susan and Nigel. It needs to be done in the next 48hrs.

Rafa will end up at Forest.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The hope was that the players were not giving it their all (mentally which dictates physically) because they’d lost faith in rodgers

last night showed that isn’t the case

so we’re left with the only option of a new voice who understands tactics and has a small chance of getting into their heads and making them believe 

this is why is felt Rafa was the best person when rodgers was sacked and I still do 

but I get the sense from those who have heard a few tit bits that for whatever reason, this won’t be happening 

I don’t think it’s entirely as simple as that. 

I don’t think the players were not giving their all, I think it’s more a case Brendan wouldn’t abandon his philosophy, and kept drilling a certain way of playing into the players. Brendan’s been here for four years, so if anyone was expecting wholesale changes and a completely different playing style would be sorely mistaken. The only way that will happen is with a new coach, who will focus on getting the players to play a different way. 

Brendan’s philosophy is engraved into the club, it will take time to move away from that, even the coaching staff have only known Brendan’s way for the last four years. It’s why the timing is so poor, this should have happened 18 months a go. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Get Rafa in for an 18months contract, if that’s what he wants. Just get it done ffs. Hurry the fvck up Top, Susan and Nigel. It needs to be done in the next 48hrs.

I’m sure he wouldn’t be interested in less than 3 years 

and if we were definitely interested and couldn’t get him then I’m genuinely worried what the future holds 

Just now, Pliskin said:

I don’t think it’s entirely as simple as that. 

I don’t think the players were not giving their all, I think it’s more a case Brendan wouldn’t abandon his philosophy, and kept drilling a certain way of playing into the players. Brendan’s been here for four years, so if anyone was expecting wholesale changes and a completely different playing style would be sorely mistaken. The only way that will happen is with a new coach, who will focus on getting the players to play a different way. 

Brendan’s philosophy is engraved into the club, it will take time to move away from that, even the coaching staff have only known Brendan’s way for the last four years. It’s why the timing is so poor, this should have happened 18 months a go. 

100% I recognise that Brendan has drilled them into a certain way of playing. As you say, That’s not going to be changed in a few weeks. I just hoped that they may have felt a freedom with him gone which would allow them to play without fear - making the choice to pass forwards ten yards rather than backwards. Clearly that isn’t the case. hence the need for a change and quick! 

42 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I'd love McKenna if we go down

41 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I said at the start of the season we should get him.

Isn’t he supposed to be from the same stock as Rodgers?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m sure he wouldn’t be interested in less than 3 years 

and if we were definitely interested and couldn’t get him then I’m genuinely worried what the future holds 

Give him three years then. It’s just increased pay off fee