Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

We have 9 games but 3 against City, Liverpool and Newcastle. So arguably 6 realistically and probably need to win 4 of those. 

It ain't happening guys for a side that's lost 18 in 29 so far. 

3 wins a couple of draws probably does it.

We’ve got 5 six pointers to play. 

It’s achievable but I don’t think we will. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Isn’t he supposed to be from the same stock as Rodgers?

I am not sure but he's having a successful season. Whether he will be any good time will tell.

MON came from Norwich after being sacked after 6 months.

1 minute ago, Rupert Von Suckalemon said:

I think Martin O’Neill is a no brainier at this stage of the season.

He gets respect from his players, and it’s obvious, they play for him.

We will not attract a long term coach/manager that will be immediately exposed to a dog fight.

I'm all for it as long as he brings Roy Keane in as assistant. Just for the fun of it really...not with any thought it will help us.

2 minutes ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

There’s a part of me that wants to see MON get it for curiosity purposes and because I think we’re shagged anyway so may as well have some fun

He said yesterday he's not in the frame for it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Give him three years then. It’s just increased pay off fee

Hence my concern about the future if we couldn’t get it across the line 

Let’s hope that cooper staying as forest coach is because they thought they could get Rafa in but we’ve convinced him to come here. 

Edited by st albans fox

28 minutes ago, Ricey said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/leicester-manager-martin-oneill-rafa-benitez-b2314599.html

I love the man, but this wreaks of the club seeing Hodgson beat us and then trying to replicate it here.

However, what's better? O'Neill with the current coaching team, or the current coaching team leading it on their own? O'Neill is no tactician, never was and certainly is not now, but he might inject some short-term discipline and motivation? He's a man that players want to impress and that might lift everyone. I don't think Stowell and Sadler are going to do that on their own as they are in too deep.

Further proof that Rudkin is utter dogshit at his job 

3 minutes ago, Rupert Von Suckalemon said:

I think Martin O’Neill is a no brainier at this stage of the season.

He gets respect from his players, and it’s obvious, they play for him.

We will not attract a long term coach/manager that will be immediately exposed to a dog fight.

His last record at Forest in the Championship was 42 percent win rate, they dropped out of the play off contention and he was sacked after 5 months.

Why didn’t they play for him?

29 minutes ago, Ricey said:

O'Neill is no tactician, never was 

What? Completely disagree

30 minutes ago, Ricey said:

and certainly is not now, 

More than likely, yes. 

Just now, LCFCJoe96 said:

There’s a part of me that wants to see MON get it for curiosity purposes and because I think we’re shagged anyway so may as well have some fun

It will be the final tick in the relegation bingo box. We've done them all this season

if MON comes that takes us into Shearer At Newcastle/ Brooking at West Ham / Pearce at Forest territory.

For those not old enough to remember, it don't end well

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, teblin said:

MON is a motivator and understands people. Might be all we need along with a couple of tweaks to formation.

To old school now ! He was hardly at the training back in the day anyway left most of the day to day stuff to Robbo really dont think he would have any effect !

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Hence my concern about the future if we couldn’t get it across the line 

Let’s hope that cooper staying as forest coach is because they thought they could get Rafa in but we’ve convinced him to come here. 

I think Forests approach is sensible. They are in a different mindset to us, up here. Essentially, they all expected to be where they are this season.

13 minutes ago, LVFox said:

As in...Northern Irish?

He is, but that’s not what I’m getting at.

Kieran McKenna: “Working with Ole and José was great but Brendan Rodgers is my inspiration”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kieran-mckenna-working-with-ole-and-jose-was-great-but-brendan-rodgers-is-my-inspiration-j52stn86k

Ashton: McKenna has the same traits as Brendan Rodgers.

CEO Mark Ashton says new Blues boss Kieran McKenna has a similar football intelligence to Brendan Rodgers.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/21268051.ashton-mckenna-traits-brendan-rodgers/

There are other articles too.

Edited by Matt

2 hours ago, Focks said:

Sorry to harp on but Chris Wilder is all that, plus he has a successful season in the Prem under his belt

Announce Wilder!!!!!

*I am not related

I like Wilder, I just don’t know if he would replicate what he did at Sheffield United anywhere else. Think he was very fortunate with the staff he had at United, those who were already at the club and those he took with him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

If we lose Saturday may as well give it to Vardy till the end of the season and look again in the summer. Sounds daft but this group of 🤡 are taking us down anyway with a whimper. 
Im obviously very disillusioned 😂 

... and Rebekah can be his assistant!