Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Marsch, Hassenhutl and Oscar Garcia on the shortlist for interim manager according to Fabrizio. That’s more of a shitlist than shortlist. 

Is it possible to lose the dressing room before you've even started?

8 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Fair play, you've got more than enough evidence to back your point up there.

I would say though, McKenna has shown far more tactical flexibility at Ipswich than Rodgers did here.

I mean by my own admission I’ve never seen Ipswich play under him or any team play under him for that matter, I’m purely going of what I’ve read.

2 hours ago, teblin said:

Thinking about hassenhutl he would’ve worked with the head of recruitment before. So he could be one they will look at.

If he was in any way responsible for shifting out Bertrand and Vesty to us, then gerimin as he knows all about mugging off clubs with your deadwood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Mee-9

It's two different ideas isn't it with a temporary appointment.

You go and get a strong willed manager such as Big Sam who will fire a rocket up the backside of these players.

Or you go an get a manager known for man management, who will 'extend an arm' around them and encourage. 

Tough decision to make for me. 

I love Martin O'neil. Legendary. When he speaks on telly, you sit and listen. 

However, he is not the Martin O'neil that once led us. He lost the Forest job because (amongst other things) the players complained about his draconian training methods. We dont have Walsh, Elliott and Taggart anymore. I dont think we have the mentality within the squad to react well to that method of coaching. 

Its also very good to point out that at club level, O'neil without Robertson is like Superman without the cape. Is Keane (his likely assistant) going to fill that role or call Madders a nob for carrying his see through bag. 

O'neil aint the way and hasnt been the way for 20 years. 

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Marsch's Leeds team did create a fair bit to be fair them, just couldn't score. Maybe our attackers could add the results for him :fc:

I'm just desperately trying to convince myself about everyone at the minute. 

As you say it’s a bit like what’s the least worst option.

Total sh*tshow.

I think those of us with the huge affection for MON and everything he achieved with us (and rightly so) are forgetting just how long ago it actually was that he was here. It's not like a Pearson scenario where you'd still have the likes of Vardy and, if we hadn't fvcked him off, Albrighton whose respect for the man would rub off instantly on others because they were personally managed by him and knew first hand others who were too.

You're talking only really Barnes and KDH who would potentially get any instant motivation out of having such a club legend be their gaffer.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

May aswell get Steve Walsh and Matt Elliott in as his assistants too

And Alan Woolett as defensive coordinator and Taylor Fletcher as Seagrave Canteen Operations Director.  Watch us move up the table then!

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I mean by my own admission I’ve never seen Ipswich play under him or any team play under him for that matter, I’m purely going of what I’ve read.

I've seen a little as Ipswich are my "2nd team". 

Puts far more emphasis on defensive organisation than Brendan does, but can see similarities in how they attack. Very much based around training ground planned patterns of attack. I'm a huge fan of McKennas tbh! Think he is a real talent.

• Like 1

I have a left field name. Roy Keane. Interim with review in summer. He is a winner. Hard and with high expectations. He has done well with Sunderland and I think he would give the players a kick up the arse. He is a risk but isn't anyone?

• Haha 1

Hasenhuttl doesn't get enough credit for the job he did at Southampton - a club basically in terminal decline who have dropped to the foot of the table and stayed there since he left. People will remember the 9-0, but that was when we were actually good tbf, and he actually improved them post that game.

I also reckon the pressing 4-2-2-2 he employs would actually suit the players we have/will have available until the end of the season:

Iversen

Kristiansen

Souttar

Faes

Castagne/Ricardo

Ndidi/KDH

Mendy/KDH

Barnes/Tete

Maddison/Tete

Iheanacho

Daka/Vardy

High pressing, quick counterattacking.

• Like 1

Jeeze. Its liked being asked do you want crabs or chlamydia.

I have an unnatural dislike of Marsch.  Something about him really bugs me and i think he got very lucky last season. If between him and Hassenhuttl i would pick Hassenhuttl, but not because i really wanted him. Was ok for Southampton before this season i suppose. Just not an appointment to get excited about.

Should have done this ages ago.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, markko said:

I have a left field name. Roy Keane. Interim with review in summer. He is a winner. Hard and with high expectations. He has done well with Sunderland and I think he would give the players a kick up the arse. He is a risk but isn't anyone?

TBF he only did well at Sunderland by signing every Championship-grade striker on the market and getting something of a monopoly on them.  The Jan 2023 Forest strat is not an option available to us in April. 

Also dislike him for the comments he made on Clive Clarke while he was with Leicester.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed

Guest Mee-9
7 minutes ago, markko said:

You literally know nothing about football. 

Go back to Welford Road. 

I think, if we have any chance at all with this squad of bumblefuchs, we’re going to need an arm round the shoulder, smoke up the arse type manager to massage egos. 

My own view is you bring in someone like Big Sam and let him rip them all a new one. I just think, being pragmatic, that such archaic methods won’t work with our tender squad of multi millionaires. 

It’s a mess and I am unconvinced that the current hierarchy at the club have the ability to find the right person. Out of their depth. 

4 hours ago, Mark_w said:

But on the upside it should greatly improve our chances of picking a goalkeeper in goal which will be a nice change of pace.

He’s the guy that’s been coaching Ward for the last 4 years!! 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I love Martin O'neil. Legendary. When he speaks on telly, you sit and listen. 

However, he is not the Martin O'neil that once led us. He lost the Forest job because (amongst other things) the players complained about his draconian training methods. We dont have Walsh, Elliott and Taggart anymore. I dont think we have the mentality within the squad to react well to that method of coaching. 

Its also very good to point out that at club level, O'neil without Robertson is like Superman without the cape. Is Keane (his likely assistant) going to fill that role or call Madders a nob for carrying his see through bag. 

O'neil aint the way and hasnt been the way for 20 years. 

I’m reliably told he left Forest because he didn’t like the interfering Greek crook

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Marsch's Leeds team did create a fair bit to be fair them, just couldn't score. Maybe our attackers could add the results for him :fc:

I'm just desperately trying to convince myself about everyone at the minute. 

I don't mind Marsch to be honest, I wouldn't want him right now as I'm not sure he's the type to give us the boost needed to go up, but his work before Leeds was decent enough, has passion about him and he's generally a nice bloke from what I've seen. Passionate team talks, there's a few clips of him at half time at Leipzig and Salzburg.

Has an eye for a player too: Gnonto, Sanisterra, Roca, Adams, Mckennie, Aaronson would all walk into our squad at the moment with the exception of dropping Maddison. 

Do I think he's right for NOW? probably not, but I would not write him off from his time at Leeds, and if the owners went for him, I would not see it as the end of the world, the way we are right now I don't think it matters which manager we get in from the perspective of staying up, this crop of players are absolutely spineless and we could just as easily go down with Rafa as with Marsch. 

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I think, if we have any chance at all with this squad of bumblefuchs, we’re going to need an arm round the shoulder, smoke up the arse type manager to massage egos. 

My own view is you bring in someone like Big Sam and let him rip them all a new one. I just think, being pragmatic, that such archaic methods won’t work with our tender squad of multi millionaires. 

It’s a mess and I am unconvinced that the current hierarchy at the club have the ability to find the right person. Out of their depth. 

Ripping them a new one might be effective if laziness/complacency were our main problems. If it’s just a chronic lack of confidence, shouting at them is unlikely to have a positive impact.

• Like 1