Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Mr Mister said:

Thomas Frank is someone who would be great for this club. I'd go for him.

You will be asking him to leave a well run club currently pushing for a Europa Conference place, to join a team who are nailed on for relegation where you only have a handful of games to turn it around.

By all means ask the question, but what sort of nutter is going to do that right now? I agree about Frank, but the time to get him was when we were on 1 point and had just got hammered by Brighton and Spurs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, markko said:

I have a left field name. Roy Keane. Interim with review in summer. He is a winner. Hard and with high expectations. He has done well with Sunderland and I think he would give the players a kick up the arse. He is a risk but isn't anyone?

Anyone whose listened to Keane as a pundit will know he's pretty limited tactically. But I'm not sure tactics are gonna save us. We need a good man manager who can give the place a lift. I don't know if Keane is the man to do it but I wouldn't rule him out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we start approaching Gerrard or Lampard.

Would either be an upgrade on Stowell/Sadler? Besides, Lampard is apparently taking over Chelsea until the end of the season. 

Edited by ClaphamFox

6 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

You literally know nothing about football. 

Go back to Welford Road. 

I have been watching football for 40 years and played a bit. I know Keane is a risk. I have read one of his books and his record for Man Utd stacks up against most. No I don't know much..it was a suggestion and am not sure why you need to be near on abusive in your response. He is available and an option.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Anyone whose listened to Keane as a pundit will know he's pretty limited tactically. But I'm not sure tactics are gonna save us. We need a good man manager who can give the place a lift. I don't know if Keane is the man to do it but I wouldn't rule him out

MoN and Roy Keane? 

That being said, like with Pearson, MoN biggest success have been when he’s had Walford and Robertson with him.

1 minute ago, markko said:

I have been watching football for 40 years and played a bit. I know Keane is a risk. I have read one of his books and his record for Man Utd stacks up against most. No I don't know much..it was a suggestion and am not sure why you need to be near on abusive in your response. He is available and an option.

Keane did really well at Sunderland but since then nothing which is the issue.

His was a great player and as you say his record, especially at Man Utd, was superb. But that's not enough to get a top level job, you only have to look at Paul Ince currently in a Championship relegation battle (I know Reading have had a points deduction, mind).

Guest Mee-9
1 minute ago, markko said:

Apologies if my comment regarding the Tigers may have caused offence. 

Roy Keane would be shocking however. Yes he was a brilliant player, and a fantastic leader on the pitch. But managing is a completely different kettle of fish, and he would ruin the club. 

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Agree on that, although probably not a popular opinion, I highly rate Hassenhuttl. Commands drive and effort, gegenpressing style which I think most fans enjoy watching. The issue is when it comes to backing the manager, Southampton really did not spend. about £70m spent in 4 years. Good relationship with Glover. 

I'd take Hassenhuttl very happily. 

Commands drive and effort yet lost 9-0 twice?

I’ve got it, lads! We bring in MoN, Pearson, Neil Lennon and Cambiasso. When picking the team they take in turns to choose one player until they reach eleven - that’s our starting line-up. Then during the match they get 22.5 mins each to coach from the sideline. Added time is likewise shared equally between them.

Edited by ClaphamFox

1 minute ago, Sambiasso said:

Rafa wanted 3yr contract and big money, club said no and negotiations stalled :thumbup:

He saw himself as a long term manager I doubt anybody else would offer him that, so good sign we didn’t pursue this although having said that I hope we don’t get desperate and keep Stowell / Sadler in charge we need a proper manager.

18 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Jeeze. Its liked being asked do you want crabs or chlamydia.

At least you’d enjoy getting to that  point …

2 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Rafa wanted 3yr contract and big money, club said no and negotiations stalled :thumbup:

the club need to recognise that we aren’t in a position to argue with him! 
we need him way more than he needs us 

if it goes wrong then he has form for bringing a club back up first time 

and the cost would be justified - we aren’t going to maintain our PL status on the cheap. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

He’s certainly a better option than Lampard, did well at Rangers 

1 minute ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Sure we still want to use "Did well in the Scottish Premiership" as a metric?

As soon as Beale left his side villa got steadily worse and worse ….

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Commands drive and effort yet lost 9-0 twice?

How does that correlate? Plenty of teams with managers who command effort have been hammered. United got beat 7-0, Liverpool conceded 7 against villa a couple of seasons ago. Bielsa has been hammered multiple times. 

Managers commanding effort in their tactical style and players downing tools aren’t mutually exclusive.