Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

He’s certainly a better option than Lampard, did well at Rangers 

Wasn’t it thought that a lot of his success was down to his assistants (Beale and Critchley).

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I think those of us with the huge affection for MON and everything he achieved with us (and rightly so) are forgetting just how long ago it actually was that he was here. It's not like a Pearson scenario where you'd still have the likes of Vardy and, if we hadn't fvcked him off, Albrighton whose respect for the man would rub off instantly on others because they were personally managed by him and knew first hand others who were too.

You're talking only really Barnes and KDH who would potentially get any instant motivation out of having such a club legend be their gaffer.

Even with those two, how old would they have been when MON was last here - 2 or 3, maybe? It's not like they're going to be spurred on by their fond memories of the 1997 League Cup win.

I'm sceptical of "knows the club" appointments as a general rule but at least with something like Hodgson to Palace (or as you say, Pearson to us) he does actually have some level of familiarity with the squad, staff and facilities he's going to be working with until the end of the season, so you can see the logic. With MON the stadium, training ground, players, staff and ownership have all changed. He's not really any more familiar with the club than someone like Marsch or Hasenhuttl at this point, arguably less so.

• Like 4

Whilst I understand people do not like the names on the list.

It's 4 am, half an hour before the club closes. All the good-looking girls have already gone home with someone, and all we have left are the desperate ones or the ugly ones.

Time to get our beer goggles on and pick one or go home alone.    

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

Who else is in the frame? 

Nobody from what I got told, stack of enquiries from available managers/coaches apparently.

It's like when King Power first took over the club and Top was running the show and messed it up, once Vichai came in and started running it is when things got better. 

• Like 1

Martin O'Neill did a Q and A a few months ago. He won't come back here and said as much. Lenny would be a risk. Never managed in prem. I would not touch Gerard or Lampard in the position we are in. If Rafa has said no leaves us with Ralph. I always liked how he came over. You can only manage what you have. He is available. Bielsa is another.option but I think he would need time but he would get us playing with intensity. We.ideally need an out of work to avoid compensation and haggling which takes time. Saturday is massive and if we can't get anyone in today we are.probably going to have to stick with Stowell.

With our rivals all having extremely hard games this weekend and likely all lose, it really is sink or swim in my opinion. Fail to make an appointment and get that new manager bounce and we are as good as down and it really would be true to form of the board this past few years and leave a goalkeeper coach in charge of our biggest game for years...

If it's true Rafa wanted a 3 year contract, the club are bonkers not to snap his hand off, tried and tested in the Championship if the worst was to happen & done well at every club he has been at.

Edited by L3n9a

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It's 4 am, half an hour before the club closes. All the good-looking girls have already gone home with someone, and all we have left are the desperate ones or the ugly ones.

Are you suggesting we go for Ian Holloway??

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

This sounds like you are justifying waking up next to Cooper….

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, markko said:

Martin O'Neill did a Q and A a few months ago. He won't come back here and said as much. Lenny would be a risk. Never managed in prem. I would not touch Gerard or Lampard in the position we are in. If Rafa has said no leaves us with Ralph. I always liked how he came over. You can only manage what you have. He is available. Bielsa is another.option but I think he would need time but he would get us playing with intensity. We.ideally need an out of work to avoid compensation and haggling which takes time. Saturday is massive and if we can't get anyone in today we are.probably going to have to stick with Stowell.

I’m reasonably sure, O’Neill said on Radio Leicester once, that he’d never sign Stan Collymore…

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The club closing feels like the best option right now.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Nobody from what I got told, stack of enquiries from available managers/coaches apparently.

It's like when King Power first took over the club and Top was running the show and messed it up, once Vichai came in and started running it is when things got better. 

So we are basically ****ed then

Positives for MON:

- The matchday atmosphere would be INSANE. At least, if it isn't, our fanbase is in worse shape than we think.

- He's a great man-manager and we should become good at 'the basics' quite quickly.

- The Leicestershire boys in the squad will be in awe of him. As devastating as Barnes was for his goal last night, imagine him operating with maximum adrenaline.

Negatives against MON:

- His last few jobs were disappointing. And he's been out of a job for a while now.

- Has the league left him behind? Does he have what it takes tactically nowadays? There would be huge question marks about those things.

- They say never go back. Pearson did and was great. But would MON tarnish his reputation with us if he failed to keep us up, especially if it ended up being a meek surrender?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

He’s got a strong bargaining position. I’d be tempted to go back with 2 years. We are desperate and he fits what we are looking for in many ways.

I presume it’s the money (for him and his staff) that’s the issue. The club will assume that they may have to sack him later next season (if we drop and don’t look like getting back) - I reckon it’s the amount he wants paying which is more the problem than the length of the contract.  They will feel that they were cornered by the amount they were paying rodgers and won’t want to make the same mistake again. 

3 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Positives for MON:

- The matchday atmosphere would be INSANE. At least, if it isn't, our fanbase is in worse shape than we think.

- He's a great man-manager and we should become good at 'the basics' quite quickly.

- The Leicestershire boys in the squad will be in awe of him. As devastating as Barnes was for his goal last night, imagine him operating with maximum adrenaline.

Negatives against MON:

- His last few jobs were disappointing. And he's been out of a job for a while now.

- Has the league left him behind? Does he have what it takes tactically nowadays? There would be huge question marks about those things.

- They say never go back. Pearson did and was great. But would MON tarnish his reputation with us if he failed to keep us up, especially if it ended up being a meek surrender?

The only use of the word insane would be to describe anyone remotely believing this is in any way a good move.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Commands drive and effort yet lost 9-0 twice?

You get the same number of points no matter how many goals you lose by.

It says much more about Ralph that he never lost the training room after those defeats than the defeats themselves. 

• Like 1