Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

23 hours ago, Getin said:

Everton Axe 3 directors and Kenwrights future in doubt after disappointing season. What will City do after a disastrous season?

22 hours ago, sm1 said:

Get the monks in to bless us.

Top needs to take a leaf out of Everton’s books, but problem with bringing in the monks they’d only forgive him 🤷‍♂️

36 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

What type of sandwiches?  Surprised he didn't have a packet of crisps to go with them.  I quite like a sandwich with crisps.

34 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

I agree.  Doubt he would go for the BLT there.

Pick up a flavour-packed classic for lunch by choosing our upgraded BLT. Starring our new crispier, oakier, smokier and tastier British bacon from M&S Select Farms, rich and creamy mayonnaise, indulgent salted butter, crisp lettuce and fresh sliced tomatoes, this next-level-tasty sarnie is finished with a sprinkle of cracked pepper.

36 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I bet Rudkin’s a plain wafer thin ham sandwich kind of bloke. No flair.

Nah I think he’s a Salmon cream cheese & Cucumber type of guy round the office to try make people think he’s a posh kind of guy, but away from the  office I recon he’s a Double whopper fries and onion rings kind of guy with a Pepsi max !!😳

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

Nah I think he’s a Salmon cream cheese & Cucumber type of guy round the office to try make people think he’s a posh kind of guy, but away from the  office I recon he’s a Double whopper fries and onion rings kind of guy with a Pepsi max !!😳

Coronation chicken & Cucumber. But cucumber not mentioned in the packaging. What you reckon? @Ric Flair

Edited by Bert

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

He doesn't deserve a holiday lol

Focus is on him because he's the one entrusted with the decisions off the pitch, seemingly. Somehow, anyway. He is part of the 'review' into his own job, somehow. Everyone is waiting/hoping for news that he's been given the boot. 

No club statement to this effect, its assumptions, no way Susan and Top are innocent.

My expectation would be something like this.

New CEO

New DoF

Top announcing standing down as chairman as hasnt enough time to dedicate full time to the club, or announcing he got it wrong by stepping back with not paying attention.

This would also be alongside other changes in regards to the decisions that get made on how the club is run, it it were just new DoF with nothing else happening I would see it as Rudkin being the scapegoat.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

No club statement to this effect, its assumptions, no way Liz and Top are innocent.

My expectation would be something like this.

New CEO

New DoF

Top announcing standing down as chairman as hasnt enough time to dedicate full time to the club, or announcing he got it wrong by stepping back with not paying attention.

This would also be alongside other changes in regards to the decisions that get made on how the club is run, it it were just new DoF with nothing else happening I would see it as Rudkin being the scapegoat.

Liz? 

Also, your expectation about Top stepping down is very high considering his end-of-season notes about commitment and taking us back to the PL. 

Rudkin is a deserved scapegoat if it comes to be that only the DoF is replaced. 

Sometimes there has to be a change as big as that to at least kick-start other things happening further down the club. He's not proved he's up to the job he's been allocated - or more than that, apparently. Basically not fit for purpose. We need to progress as a club and get some of the senior hierarchy out so that we can enable that. Some fresh faces, new ideas, new beginnings so to speak. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Liz? 

Also, your expectation about Top stepping down is very high considering his end-of-season notes about commitment and taking us back to the PL. 

Rudkin is a deserved scapegoat if it comes to be that only the DoF is replaced. 

Sometimes there has to be a change as big as that to at least kick-start other things happening further down the club. He's not proved he's up to the job he's been allocated - or more than that, apparently. Basically not fit for purpose. We need to progress as a club and get some of the senior hierarchy out so that we can enable that. Some fresh faces, new ideas, new beginnings so to speak. 

I would expect it more likely he instead spends more time on doing his business at the club, no idea why I put Liz. :dunno:

59 minutes ago, Matt said:

You think any of them are owning it or taking any responsibility? Naïve.

The fact is, they were allowed to do their own review, mark their own homework, take no culpability and face no consequence. 

Of course I’m not! That’s why I said they “should”. 

I think it's too late to make a change now. SW should Have had replacement lined up 2 weeks ago. It will take too long given the changes the club is facing to go through to get s new DOF's feet under the table in time to meet the challenges of the new season. Bring in a manager with a preferred DOF to take over by Christmas. What is obvious is that clubs with new financial backers are more ruthless than city. Top needs help and needs to toughen up and make tough decisions like his (loved and respected by all city fans) dad would make.

As I’ve said elsewhere - someone of his position should have succession planning as part of his role. He hasn’t planning a fcuking thing. Doesn’t even know what manager he’d like. He’s only three months without one and 18 months of the manager wanting to go. 

The blokes’ a complete hermit 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

This is all on Top , he’s incompetent

Huge incompetence from all the significant figures to allow this debacle to happen. If this was a business answerable to shareholders then the individuals responsible would be 'removed' from office.

Top has lost face and trust with many supporters. If he doesn't learn from this then we're in the doldrums for the foreseeable future. It appears that he and Rudkin have established a relationship that will protect the latter from being dismissed for his incompetence. If we see no attempt to change the hierarchy then it will become apparent that the club is being run as a 'hobby' or pastime. How do we convince ourselves to retain the faith when we're aware that our support is being dismissed with flagrant disregard (rhetorical btw). It's like a marriage where only one is committing to the relationship. I won't look elsewhere, but my interest will wain.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Huge incompetence from all the significant figures to allow this debacle to happen. If this was a business answerable to shareholders then the individuals responsible would be 'removed' from office.

Top has lost face and trust with many supporters. If he doesn't learn from this then we're in the doldrums for the foreseeable future. It appears that he and Rudkin have established a relationship that will protect the latter from being dismissed for his incompetence. If we see no attempt to change the hierarchy then it will become apparent that the club is being run as a 'hobby' or pastime. How do we convince ourselves to retain the faith when we're aware that our support is being dismissed with flagrant disregard (rhetorical btw). It's like a marriage where only one is committing to the relationship. I won't look elsewhere, but my interest will wain.

Agreed , if Top is taking a back seat I don’t want his ownership to continue , selling the club needs to happen in the short term / medium term.

• Like 2

The fact that these clowns remain in charge with zero scrutiny following an avoidable, abject and pathetic fall from our clubs strongest ever position made this ST renewal the most difficult one for quite some time.

How bad does it need to get in the coming years before they either walk or are hounded out?

9 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Rudkin is not going anywhere. The best we can hope for is the creation of a new Sporting Director role. 

This is what I'm hoping for, I've just had a rant about running out of any sympathy for Top if changes aren't being made. At the very least Rudkin needs to be moved aside, the blokes got 4 jobs across LCFC, Leuven and the horse racing operations. It's insane.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This is what I'm hoping for, I've just had a rant about running out of any sympathy for Top if changes aren't being made. At the very least Rudkin needs to be moved aside, the blokes got 4 jobs across LCFC, Leuven and the horse racing operations. It's insane.

Rudkin seems to be bulletproof. His feet are so far under the table it’s ridiculous.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Aston Villa part ways with their chief executive following the appointment of a poor manager despite the issue now being rectified.

Meanwhile Jon Rudkin oversees the most disgraceful relegation in the Premier League and is put in charge of carrying out the review and the rebuild.

We must be the only club where the latter could happen. It's barely believable.

Purslow done a great job at Villa, went in when they were midtable in the championship and when he left they sat 7th in the premier league. Decent job there, plus hired one of the top coaches in Europe. Of course Gerrard was his mistake, but two of his three appointments was a success. We need him to help restructure this club. Rather him running the show, if he can do it at the Villa then he can certainly achieve the same here. 

• Like 1