Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

7 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Is anyone actually informed about why we didn't sign someone? Is anyone actually informed into the role Rudkin did or didn't play? 

I know it's an internet forum so it's par for the course, but this is just a bunch of people losing their minds over something they're quite literally uninformed about...

I think it's pretty simple, to be honest. 

As director of football, it's Rudkin's job to facilitate player movements in and out. Correct?

But thanks to him we have a number of unfathomable squad situations going on. Not least having two Championship level goalkeepers – Iversen and Ward – (one of them a full international) on our books since last summer, while they have been surplus to requirements. And that is just one example of a long line of odd decisions/outcomes (such as regularly failing to secure income from players who leave for free at the end of contracts). The latest oddity was the failure to move anyone out during this window – yet flying an Italy international to our training ground but failing to sign him for vague, "administrative" issues. 

So either:

He is useless at his job and is to blame.

He isn't in control of his job and others are making the decisions for him (so he can't be blamed, but is redundant). 

In both cases, it is hard to argue that he adds any value. In fact, I'd argue that he is a drain on resources. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

@Lako42 has hit the nail on the head. The past board/Rudkin/Top are trumping the present day version because even if they are trying to learn from their mistakes, the damage has been done. I'm not convinced there has been the seismic shift needed, and rhats why this doesnt get sorted in a few months time. It'll be more pain and agony and this is the beginning of the end of Enzo. We've lost him.

He joined a club in the Championship and yet was still given a Summer transfer kitty of nearly £50m?

Pretty outrageous as far as Championship transfer budgets go? Yet now 'we've lost him' because of one bad transfer window?

Re. this Summer - I'm sure you're right and we'll struggle to shift certain players, but a lot will be leaving due to contracts expiring and we may even look to cash in on KDH. We'll have to wait and see but there should be money available for Enzo to do a bit of shaping and moulding...just as he was able to last Summer.

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Just because I said one thing doesn't mean I think the opposite. I'm just saying the reality is we don't know what goes on behind closed doors 

Don't pretend you know

I just prefer to discuss things when I'm informed, not uninformed. 

I think there's a lot of problems at Leicester, from above the manager right up to Top himself - how can there not be? They presided over one of the worst ever PL relegations, in terms of under performance. 

But how on earth do we know how this Sensi deal broke down? If you know feel free to enlighten us and provide your sources. 

• Was it Rudkin's incompetence? And in what form did that take? Did he miss an email? Did he insult Inter Milan somehow?
  • Did Sensi have a last minute wobble and pull out of the deal?
  • Did he fail the medical? 
  • Did Inter Milan try and change the deal in their favour at the last minute?
  • Did the deal encounter last minute legal issues? Who missed that? Inter or Leicester? Rudkin himself or one of LCFC's legal team? 
  • Etc etc etc

I am not pretending I know, I am quoting what Enzo has said and also what has been reported by the media and past history. If you want to believe Rudkin is blameless then you are entitled to your opinion, I am merely expressing mine. 

Just now, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am not pretending I know, I am quoting what Enzo has said and also what has been reported by the media and past history. If you want to believe Rudkin is blameless then you are entitled to your opinion, I am merely expressing mine. 

For clarity, I don't think he's blameless at all. We just don't know, so it's hard to know, specifically, what to blame him for...

8 minutes ago, Langston said:

It’s factual that we’re weaker though, thus not “in the same position.” Raikhy has played about fifteen minutes for us in games that have been won. I’ll be astonished if he’s an upgrade. 

Did not say he was an upgrade, he is cover, which is what Casadei was

10 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

To be fair I am constantly critical of Ridkin and have been for years pretty much since he was made DOF in the first place as I thought he was unqualified for it then and my opinion hasn't changed since. I am not just reacting to last night

Would be good if there was actual evidence rather than just circumstantial damnation, but I realise this is unlikely.

2 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

I think it's pretty simple, to be honest. 

As director of football, it's Rudkin's job to facilitate player movements in and out. Correct?

But thanks to him we have a number of unfathomable squad situations going on. Not least having two Championship level goalkeepers – Iversen and Ward – (one of them a full international) on our books since last summer, while they have been surplus to requirements. And that is just one example of a long line of odd decisions/outcomes (such as regularly failing to secure income from players who leave for free at the end of contracts). The latest oddity was the failure to move anyone out during this window – yet flying an Italy international to our training ground but failing to sign him for vague, "administrative" issues. 

So either:

He is useless at his job and is to blame.

He isn't in control of his job and others are making the decisions for him (so he can't be blamed, but is redundant). 

In both cases, it is hard to argue that he adds any value. In fact, I'd argue that he is a drain on resources. 

For clarity, I don't think Rudkin is blameless. He's part of the system from above the manager, all the way to the top that presided over all the mistakes of the last 2 years or so. I'm just saying we just don't know, so it's hard to know, specifically, what to blame him for...

And who's to 'blame' for signings like Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater, Fofana, Maddison etc? And the successful high value sales of Fofana, Maddison, Barnes, Maguire, Mahrez, Chilwell, Drinkwater etc? 

11 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Completely disagree, any criticism going the clubs way for yesterday and the whole of the January window is completely warranted. On the Sensi side, they've had a month to sort this out, do the necessary background work and due diligence and to have someone lined up as a back up at the very least. 

On our own players side, we've had since August/September to start looking at moves out for players Enzo doesn't want, in the end we've managed to shift no one of any significance, a couple of loans.

But your whole argument is based on an assumption that what we see is a true indication of what's happening in reality. I see little point getting my knickers in a twist about something I am not certain is true or I have actual control over, especially when it has hardly impacted our chances of promotion,

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Doesn't make you right either way

If we want to deal in facts

- We got relegated, the most expensive squad and the highest previous finishing position to do so

- This administration spent £22m on a player and didn't register him in time

- Last January's signings circa £30m's worth are unwanted 

- We chased Sensi for most of the window but it fell through at the final hurdle

We can only SPECULATE as to what's happened, sure, but we'll never have the facts so this servile rhetoric of we "simply just don't know what goes on so it's all fine" is silly, it's obfuscation for another failure to do what we want.

"We don't know" lets everybody off the hook and it'll happen again.

• Like 2

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

But your whole argument is based on an assumption that what we see is a true indication of what's happening in reality. I see little point getting my knickers in a twist about something I am not certain is true or I have actual control over, especially when it has hardly impacted our chances of promotion,

Let's hope that last bit is true and we don't get any big injuries in the next couple of months.

The first point though, I don't think after at least 4 years of poor windows that it is just an 'assumption' anymore. 

Just now, Stadt said:

If we want to deal in facts

- We got relegated, the most expensive squad and the highest previous finishing position to do so

- This administration spent £22m on a player and didn't register him in time

- Last January's signings circa £30m's worth are unwanted 

- We chased Sensi for most of the window but it fell through at the final hurdle

We can only SPECULATE as to what's happened, sure, but we'll never have the facts so this servile rhetoric of we "simply just don't know what goes on so it's all fine" is silly, it's obfuscation for another failure to do what we want.

"We don't know" lets everybody off the hook and it'll happen again.

Yup, strap in! If you want to fix it proper, buy the club. 

You listening a bunch of failures, but do not list successes in th same period.

Would you like to erase both from the history books?

You are exposed as a malcontent

9 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He also stated he wasn’t made aware of the situation until the window had opened, do you think a senior director of a business should withhold that kind of information from the Manager, it directly impacts, I know if that happened to me in my industry, I would be fuming and yes if it left me in a position where my integrity had been damaged then my working relationship with that director would be pretty much

untenable. Why is it so difficult to grasp? 

Enzo had also stated at the back end of November that he had been in meetings over the january transfer window and what he might be able to do.  Then as you say, he was suddenly told when the window opened that he had to sell to buy.

Exactly the same thing happened with Rodgers, who believed he could have a refresh of players, but then was told when the window opened, that it wouldn't be the case without sales.

I don't have a problem with that,  if they can't do it because of ffp or a lack of money, then fine, but at least make the manager aware early and not fob him off until the window opens.

That is bound to rub any manager up the wrong way.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

oh where have we heard this before

Well, when we probably get promoted and Maresca understandably jumps ship, we’ll probably have a squad of players who aren’t suited to the new manager’s style. This transfer should have been about giving the manager what he wanted, which seemingly should not have been that much.

7 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

For clarity, I don't think Rudkin is blameless. He's part of the system from above the manager, all the way to the top that presided over all the mistakes of the last 2 years or so. I'm just saying we just don't know, so it's hard to know, specifically, what to blame him for...

And who's to 'blame' for signings like Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater, Fofana, Maddison etc? And the successful high value sales of Fofana, Maddison, Barnes, Maguire, Mahrez, Chilwell, Drinkwater etc? 

That bit is easy most bar fofana and maguire and Chilwell and barnes who came through the academy were found and signed by Steve Walsh

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Did not say he was an upgrade, he is cover, which is what Casadei was

Casadei played a part in 25 games (all comps) - he was cover but he still got significant game time and was set for more with Wilf’s injury. I still think we get over the line but to say we’re in the same position is untrue

https://football-italia.net/italian-newspaper-blames-leicester-city-for-collapsed-sensi-transfer/

This is an interesting take on why the Sensi deal didn’t go through.  If, in addition to the probable incompetence, there was any dragging of our heels because Rudkin and others weren’t convinced with Maresca’s choice, we must enjoy him while we can because he’ll be off to bigger and better (particularly better-well-run) things in the Summer.

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

For those offering “reason” to the madness of how we operate. The madness primarily being we are playing Stoke tomorrow in the Championship, not a PL opponent. A scenario that was completely unthinkable just 18 months ago. 

If Rudkin left tomorrow, what impact would that have on us ? What exactly are we trying to add reason to ? Rudkin and his shortcomings were hidden to an extent because the ultimate decision maker was a charismatic self made entrepreneur who made calls. That doesn’t work when the leader is an inexperienced, barely achieved young man without much on his cv. 

The club benefits from the last ten years but while we have two mediocre (at best and I’m being kind) individuals running this, we will suffer. Something has to give to improve in areas we are having issues in. Either Top goes or Rudkin goes and is replaced with a more experienced operator. Otherwise, what is it that so many seem to be defending ? 

Something clearly isn’t working and it isn’t just the utter shambles that again we witnessed last night, it’s the not the first time. The amount of staff turnover within other parts of the organisation is a red flag, we definitely need reorganisation. Vichai ultimately made tough choices quick and decisive but it was clear the system that got us success was structured around an efficient team under NFP and he trusted that.  Whilst that’s not a call for big nige to come back it clearly worked. Maybe Rudkin has control of too much or he’s just not fit for purpose. We’ll never know the ins and outs so no point defending the ifs and buts we must and can do better. 

1 minute ago, doubledeckerderek said:

https://football-italia.net/italian-newspaper-blames-leicester-city-for-collapsed-sensi-transfer/

This is an interesting take on why the Sensi deal didn’t go through.  If, in addition to the probable incompetence, there was any dragging of our heels because Rudkin and others weren’t convinced with Maresca’s choice, we must enjoy him while we can because he’ll be off to bigger and better (particularly better-well-run) things in the Summer.

Makes some sense that, given we could have gone pre-contract agreement route.

Additionally, it really wasn’t in Inter’s interests to not agree a deal.

1 minute ago, Langston said:

Casadei played a part in 25 games (all comps) - he was cover but he still got significant game time and was set for more with Wilf’s injury. I still think we get over the line but to say we’re in the same position is untrue

Think I said mostly the same, but yes. losing Casadi was unfortunate and weakens us slightly, but believe we have enough to not suffer as a consequence. Anyway, it's Chelseas fault lol