Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The dream is over under this ownership. Top will not dismantle the structure and rebuild it for a brighter future so the long term outlook is its time to sell up and go.

Enzo will be gone before that happens anyway I'd have though, but that is my unwavering belief that needs to happen now. We are going nowhere under this ownership again. 

The long term outlook has surely got to centre around using our facilities, the academy and expanding the stadium - with a view to becoming self sustaining - which seems to be what the current plan is by and large.

Top holds a lot of equity in the club from the conversion of debt - so buying him out won’t be cheap.

Additionally, the club is currently running at a substantial loss.

That doesn’t make it the most attractive of investments right now. 

If someone did buy the club at this point - they’d need deep pockets OR it would require a leveraged approach, with that debt potentially landing on the club.

However, both of those would probably require a period of cost cutting. 

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

He was injured, we started brilliant, he couldn't get back in fact.....I wouldn't want to work for you.......

No problem mate, I am not hiring at the moment. 

You can add Conor Coady to the success list if you need to. That is still 10 failed transfers.

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

The long term outlook has surely got to centre around using our facilities, the academy and expanding the stadium - with a view to becoming self sustaining - which seems to be what the current plan is by and large.

Top holds a lot of equity in the club from the conversion of debt - so buying him out won’t be cheap.

Additionally, the club is currently running at a substantial loss.

That doesn’t make it the most attractive of investments right now. 

If someone did buy the club at this point - they’d need deep pockets OR it would require a leveraged approach, with that debt potentially landing on the club.

However, both of those would probably require a period of cost cutting. 

Fair assessment, it's not looking great right now. The ownership will be busy doubling down on rebuffing any changes to the structure that are perpetuating this issue as well, so here we are.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Because of this window, or because you are ITK. We had a pretty good summer window and i would have thought a huge amount of Glovers work would be focussed on the summer.

More from the point that most of our Heads of Recruitment don’t stay around that long, is that through ambition or frustration. there has been so many of our back room and scouting team move on, it does beg the question why?

And never do they return in a more senior role, is this because the reason they left is still there? 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's told us he knew nothing of the financial position that we are in for January

Did he go and ask them before then Ric?

I mean, I'm fairly sure he knew the deal in the summer was that we were going to have to sell to buy, considering relegation. I'm also fairly sure he's well aware that we have well-paid internationals kicking their heels at the club and that in the wider world, clubs are all tightening their belts and having to meet FFP. I'm also pretty sure that he's aware it's one of the most expensively assembled squads in championship history and that he's already spent the best part of £50m. 

Do you think he's that naive?

• Like 3

Would sum us up so much to let go of the only manager we’ve had in years to inspire confidence and have a method to take us forward, yet keep the man who’s been at the top of some of the worst mismanagement the club has ever seen. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

"Running the club properly" is not letting it get to the stage where we can't afford a £500K loan fee because of all the money we pissed up the wall and all the talent that left on frees. 

I think it was Ric that made the analogy on the BSLB Pod where he said "Rudkin has come round to your house and set in on fire. Then he's put it out, and claimed to have done you a favour". 

Every issue that the club is facing is self inflicted. We're not victims of anything.

But how do you KNOW this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I agree to some extent except that of top and the board make a change a DOF and fix this they o would be very happy for them to stay and am not wanting the owners to sell but changes definitely need to be changed

There is zero chance it happens which is why I'd want the change of ownership. If Top had binned Rudkin and Whelan in the summer and given this club a proper shakeup I would be willing to say despite the relegation, I can at least see proper measures are being put in place to rectify the astounding mess that got us down in the first place. But the fact he allowed those two to oversee the review, to mark their own homework. It's just astounding naivety at best.

Then again I remember it isn't just ineptness at board level. This is before you even come to the general handling of the club, the general sale fiasco etc... I truly think rolling the dice is a safe bet at this point. Our promotion this season would not be a reflection on good ownership. The promotion is ultimately because we're far more powerful a club than our rivals and underachieved drastically to be in this division in the first place.

Change of ownership please. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

There is zero chance it happens which is why I'd want the change of ownership. If Top had binned Rudkin and Whelan in the summer and given this club a proper shakeup I would be willing to say despite the relegation, I can at least see proper measures are being put in place to rectify the astounding mess that got us down in the first place. But the fact he allowed those two to oversee the review, to mark their own homework. It's just astounding naivety at best.

Then again I remember it isn't just ineptness at board level. This is before you even come to the general handling of the club, the general sale fiasco etc... I truly think rolling the dice is a safe bet at this point. Our promotion this season would not be a reflection on good ownership. The promotion is ultimately because we're far more powerful a club than our rivals and underachieved drastically to be in this division in the first place.

Change of ownership please. Fingers crossed.

"the general sale fiasco" again though this is a management issue not necessarily an ownership one. I am at the point now where I do think we need a complete overhall in management and am calling for that. 

I still hope that can be done under the current ownership who have invested heavily in the club which we might not get with a new owner.

Obviously if these changes don't come and we continue to have what seem to be horribly made decisions then my opinion might change but currently I don't think we need change in ownership just management.

The fact that no one from senior management is willing to speak publicly, is not only poor in the face of on and off field turmoil over the last 18 months, it is indicative that they see the club as no different than a branch of cinemas or a restaurant group, they don’t need to communicate with us because we are just customers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

A LCFC spokesman added: "unfortunately because belts have been tightened around here, we didn't have enough change to put into the meter to power the green light. When we finally got it on, we were 14 seconds too late and Stefano had already fvcked off back to Italy lol" 

28 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

There is more chance of Maresca not being here at the start of next season than Rudkin going. 

That is a very sad scenario indeed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Did he go and ask them before then Ric?

I mean, I'm fairly sure he knew the deal in the summer was that we were going to have to sell to buy, considering relegation. I'm also fairly sure he's well aware that we have well-paid internationals kicking their heels at the club and that in the wider world, clubs are all tightening their belts and having to meet FFP. I'm also pretty sure that he's aware it's one of the most expensively assembled squads in championship history and that he's already spent the best part of £50m. 

Do you think he's that naive?

Whether he knows he needs to sell before he buys counts for nothing when the person who leads on selling players seemingly struggles to do just that. We've gotten a transfer fee for players we no longer wanted, 4 times in 4 years. That same person is Maresca's direct reporting line and whether Maresca is naive enough to be truly in the dark on the position we found ourselves in January or not, it doesn't change much does it?

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Whether he knows he needs to sell before he buys counts for nothing when the person who leads on selling players seemingly struggles to do just that. We've gotten a transfer fee for players we no longer wanted, 4 times in 4 years. That same person is Maresca's direct reporting line and whether Maresca is naive enough to be truly in the dark on the position we found ourselves in January or not, it doesn't change much does it?

And we've been through all of this before, so I don't need to repeat it.

21 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I'm not in great knowledge of our finances. Is this saying we cannot afford to spend £2.5m on a player (even after promotion pay out) ?

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

The players in the summer that were recruited and are now top and expected to beat the Championship points record, alongside the manager who was recruited out of nowhere to coach them?

Presume It wasn't Top or JR that recruited them, was it someone else? 

Be largely irrelevant. Under the context of FFP,  you have to view the financial performance of the club over three years. In that period, they've completely ****ed up. This season is a financial black hole - which now sits against the club for a three year period. The failure to get rid of players is going to hurt very badly. 

Edited by CosbehFox

Irrespective of whether Enzo was or was not aware of the transfer funding situation, the Dufkin era needs terminating.  His performance over the past 2.5 years is very underwhelming.  For us to move forward we need fresh ideas and a new direction off the pitch.