Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No, that's the role of the head of recruitment. Rudkin isn't there to get involved in scouting players and determining players. 

Hold on, you've twisted it there. You said 'John Rudkin doesn't value the players, he's not a scout or head of recruitment.'

If he doesn't have the required knowledge to be presented with suggestions and know their worth/value/status in football, then he's not good enough for the role set out. You are effectively advocating a HR manager in charge of a football based business. Probably explains why his negotiation has been so poor. Scouts get wrapped up in their own recommendations and desires. He has to be strong enough to say yes or no. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We couldnt even get a free transfer over the line, absolutely crazy, glad this has got leaked, I wonder now how many of our other late deadline deals we were messing around with changing terms and what not (ins and outs), like a indecisive cat who doesnt know whether to enter a room or not.

I can imagine on Rodgers, was lots of indecisiveness there as well for months before the trigger was finally pulled.

Still remember a director of a french club saying whelan is very hard to deal with.

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Indeed, I don't think I've said he isn't, have I. But it's not him just sat there on his own deciding what a player is or isn't worth.

Yes I agree and I also don't think Rudkin is the only problem but I do think he is a big part of it and a new experienced strong willed DOF would fix a lot of them

Ridiculous to see how defensive of him certain people are. Quite obviously an agenda attached to that sentiment. 

You can defend him all you like but he’s had more than enough chances, more than enough benefit of the doubt and the one consistency at the club is that we keep getting simple decisions wrong. From the outside it doesn’t look like any lessons have been learnt. 

There’s not been a thorough change in how we operate. This transfer saga was unnecessarily dragged out until deadline day and its something that could have been hashed out any other day if people did their jobs correctly. bottom line, we’ve been unprofessional and if it’s true that we’ve essentially wasted our negotiation time because of tops wedding ….. well that just says it all 

Inter wanted to sell the player. We wanted the player. It didn’t need to be a last second scramble and with our history with silva,   harrison and even cannon given the jury surprise… you’d think we’d have learned. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

There's a lot to say and none of it good but I just wanted to pick up on something a few people here have said about the Summer transfer window that has baffled me.

I've seen at least 2 or 3 posts essentially saying well it's okay we won't have much money we can always sell KDH for 30mill or what have you. In what world is that a positive??? Sure, we'd have 30mill, but we'd be severely weakening ourselves Sheffield United style.

Sure maybe we'd be able to use those funds to frankenstein ourselves more options elsewhere, but it boggles my mind that anyone can think that move would be positive for us.

Btw if you want to know how good Rudkin's value radar is. 

Steve Walsh and Nige wanted Slimani on the provision, he was worth no more than £15m. Said don't bother if they want more than that. 

Rudkin goes into bat with Sporting some time later when all the professionals from that debate had departed - he signs Slimani for nearly double at £28m. Didn't have the knowledge to tell Ranieri it wasn't worth it or negotiating skills with Sporting to tell them they were off on their valuations. Of course that signing played out rather brilliantly.... 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3

https://www.getfootballnewsitaly.com/2024/why-leicester-citys-move-for-inters-stefano-sensi-collapsed/

Reading this inter say the reason this collapsed is:   "......FCInter1908 have reported about some details regarding why the move didn’t go through. It is stated that Sensi did have a medical with Leicester in England and it proved to be a successful one. But after that, the move didn’t progress due to FFP issues at the Foxes’ end.

Leicester were not able to complete the permanent signing as FFP didn’t allow for that to happen."

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

YAAAAAAWN... he was Director of Football when we signed Kante, that's a fact. And those scouts there at the time told the world what our system was in determining players and how it worked in terms of valuations, from their mouths. 

Yeah and he gave him a 30m release clause meaning we sold a £100m player for £32.5m lol

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

No problem mate, I am not hiring at the moment. 

You can add Conor Coady to the success list if you need to. That is still 10 failed transfers.

Can't remember saying he was a success.......just saying....

How much are we due to spend if we keep the 3 players we currently have on loan.

It would be north of £30 million combined wouldn’t it?  

• Fatawu - £14.6 million (reported as both option and obligation) - no idea on contract length

• Akgun - £8.85 million (obligation) - contract until 2028

• Doyle - £10 million + ??? (no option or obligation in loan deal)

I imagine having these forward transfers makes calculating an FFP position much more difficult.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

"the general sale fiasco" again though this is a management issue not necessarily an ownership one. I am at the point now where I do think we need a complete overhall in management and am calling for that. 

I still hope that can be done under the current ownership who have invested heavily in the club which we might not get with a new owner.

Obviously if these changes don't come and we continue to have what seem to be horribly made decisions then my opinion might change but currently I don't think we need change in ownership just management.

It's just too many things for me. Too many errors at too many levels. This ownership should be toast.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
21 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Btw if you want to know how good Rudkin's value radar is. 

Steve Walsh and Nige wanted Slimani on the provision, he was worth no more than £15m. Said don't bother if they want more than that. 

Rudkin goes into bat with Sporting some time later when all the professionals from that debate had departed - he signs Slimani for nearly double at £28m. Didn't have the knowledge to tell Ranieri it wasn't worth it or negotiating skills with Sporting to tell them they were off on their valuations. Of course that signing played out rather brilliantly.... 

We sold Slimani for a great price though didn't we?

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

The players in the summer that were recruited and are now top and expected to beat the Championship points record, alongside the manager who was recruited out of nowhere to coach them?

Presume It wasn't Top or JR that recruited them, was it someone else? 

The same manager that was approached by Southampton BEFORE us 🤯

I suspect KDH, JV, MA, KI, DW, HS,  and a few others leaving, either sold or end of contract, plus promotion money, might just ease the situation a little bit....just a thought....its interesting Wolves, Forest, Man City certainly suffering similar, and trust me there will be more.....The football financial balloon hasn't yet burst but it is going down.....Italian clubs, all of them only loan with meaningless option to buy, and they are usually mediocre players, in Spain only Real and Barcelona spend big, and can't afford it, Germany-Bayern have just signed Keiron Dier and want 33 year old Trippier.....we are no different to anyone else....oh and the Saudi's will sign anyone whose surname ends in O

As many posters said in the summer, you can easily point the blame at the doors of Top, Rudkin, Rodgers and recruitment.

For a club like ourselves that was punching above its weight in the Premier League, we simply had to stay consistent both in terms of league position and recruitment, we failed to do either, that in turn was bound to cause a downward spiral.

The transfer windows of the 21/22 & 22/23 seasons were dreadful, the worst case scenario ended up happening and we ended up getting relegated too. 

In terms of transfer windows, we dug our heels in with regards to Youri Tielemans for example, whether we liked it or not, he should have been sold when interest in him became apparent. Instead we held onto him in the hope he’d sign a new deal, worst case scenario happened, then he ended up walking on a free. Same can be said for other players like Soyuncu. 

The 23/24 summer transfer window was always going to be gutting in terms of outgoings, numerous players left on a free and the likes of Maddison & Barnes went for less than we as fans were hoping for. 

With certain previous transfer windows being horrific, we’re still lumbered with a bunch of players that we can’t get rid of, because as Finners said, we overpaid for them and some of them are probably on undeserved high wages, so the only options we have is to eventually let them go for free, or someone like in Soumare’s case, continue to loan them out.

When it comes to Sensi yesterday, it’s been pretty evident that we’ve been interested in him for just over three weeks. After three weeks of negotiations, we still couldn’t find a way to structure a deal. We knew certain financial restrictions were tight, but why go through the hassle of flying him over, a medical, paperwork, when the possibility of signing him was so doubtful. If negotiations have been that difficult for the past three weeks, we should have cut our losses days, even weeks ago. 

It’s just another incompetent error in a list of incompetent errors since 2021.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

As many posters said in the summer, you can easily point the blame at the doors of Top, Rudkin, Rodgers and recruitment.

For a club like ourselves that was punching above its weight in the Premier League, we simply had to stay consistent both in terms of league position and recruitment, we failed to do either, that in turn was bound to cause a downward spiral.

The transfer windows of the 21/22 & 22/23 seasons were dreadful, the worst case scenario ended up happening and we ended up getting relegated too. 

In terms of transfer windows, we dug our heels in with regards to Youri Tielemans for example, whether we liked it or not, he should have been sold when interest in him became apparent. Instead we held onto him in the hope he’d sign a new deal, worst case scenario happened, then he ended up walking on a free. Same can be said for other players like Soyuncu. 

The 23/24 summer transfer window was always going to be gutting in terms of outgoings, numerous players left on a free and the likes of Maddison & Barnes went for less than we as fans were hoping for. 

With certain previous transfer windows being horrific, we’re still lumbered with a bunch of players that we can’t get rid of, because as Finners said, we overpaid for them and some of them are probably on undeserved high wages, so the only options we have is to eventually let them go for free, or someone like in Soumare’s case, continue to loan them out.

When it comes to Sensi yesterday, it’s been pretty evident that we’ve been interested in him for just over three weeks. After three weeks of negotiations, we still couldn’t find a way to structure a deal. We knew certain financial restrictions were tight, but why go through the hassle of flying him over, a medical, paperwork, when the possibility of signing him was so doubtful. If negotiations have been that difficult for the past three weeks, we should have cut our losses days, even weeks ago. 

It’s just another incompetent error in a list of incompetent errors since 2021.

Its a big like taking food to a till in a supermarket, only to have to put it back because cant pay for it.

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Its a big like taking food to a till in a supermarket, only to have to put it back because cant pay for it.

Unless some kindly soul steps in to make the purchase for you…..how does that stand with FFP rules 😂

I'm led to believe Radio Leicester have gave the club and/or Rudkin opportunities to speak but i'm also led to believe the club and/or Rudkin have declined the opportunity.

The more the club and/or Rudkin refuse to speak the more questions it asks. 

I'd like this opportunity offered once again, it gives them (The Club) and/or Rudkin a chance, a platform to answer some questions, explain themselves, even defend themselves(!). 

• Like 1

Need to give Rudkin some kudos

He has buried himself so far inside King Power that he can bomb hundreds of millions off the value of one of its businesses and its assets and seemingly face absolutely no repercussions at all

Takes some kind of skill that does lol

• Like 1

Unless there’s action taken in the stadium with banners nothing will change. 

Just like the atmosphere thread, whinging on FoxesTalk isn’t going to change anything.  If you feel that strongly enough about wanting Rudkin out then people need to make it known on a match day. 

• Like 1