Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

16 hours ago, Viva said:

No I don't. There would obviously have been a case to get rid of Rudkin too. However, he stayed and we did a good job last season with player and managerial recruitments. 

It just seems ridiculous for people to pin the blame on Rudkin all the time and for people to make out like he is clueless. Ignoring the fact the he has been Director of Football over our most successful period. 

In some people eyes, like he's the only person who works for our club.

We're in a massive hole financially but I don't hear/see people having a go at Susan Whelan like they do Rudkin

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

123 pages of the same people being Rudkin apologists or others asking for accountability.

Might as well lock this thread as Rudders is a bigger part of the furniture than Filbert.

Absolutely right, Rudkin is nicely and comfortably situated up Tops backside, and has the safest job in football.

• Like 1

Patience. I doubt very much people are siting on their hands. We need a manager. We need a competitive team and to minimise points deduction. We are in for a rough season at worse, anything more is a bonus. Keep the faith!

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Seeing as He and Whelan were allowed to investigate their own failings that resulted in relegation and the failing of FFP, I think it's perfectly acceptable for them to be hounded and lambasted. 

Especially seeing as absolutely nothing of this review was ever and will never be disclosed to the supporters of the club. 

What went wrong, what is being done to make sure it doesn't happen again? Not even a brief statement from them to the supporter base. 

Rudkin and Whelan will continue to get both barrels from me until accountability and transparency with the fans is realised. 

Oh and Top, seeing as he is overseeing the entire thing 

Excellent post

I started to write something similar, but yours landed first!

For me, this is the top and bottom of the issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Seeing as He and Whelan were allowed to investigate their own failings that resulted in relegation and the failing of FFP, I think it's perfectly acceptable for them to be hounded and lambasted. 

Especially seeing as absolutely nothing of this review was ever and will never be disclosed to the supporters of the club. 

What went wrong, what is being done to make sure it doesn't happen again? Not even a brief statement from them to the supporter base. 

Rudkin and Whelan will continue to get both barrels from me until accountability and transparency with the fans is realised. 

Oh and Top, seeing as he is overseeing the entire thing 

For balance, this isn't a public enquiry like the Post Office Horizon scandal, anything like this will stay internal. 

54 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

For balance, this isn't a public enquiry like the Post Office Horizon scandal, anything like this will stay internal. 

Would a well balanced review not have seen some sort of changes to the current set up? 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Absolutely right, Rudkin is nicely and comfortably situated up Tops backside, and has the safest job in football.

Which is funny as he has a nickname around the place very similar to what you described....

50 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It doesn't have to though. 

I don't expect details galore but if you announce a review publicly then you should release the outcomes or learnings on a high level in the same way imo. 

Since the 'review' we have had yet another manager say they were not made aware of the financial restriction we would be under in January, he's subsequently left. 

I see no evidence of learning and as a result he gets some stick. 

Are we supposed to beleive, that if the club released a statement along the lines of:

"After a thorough internal review, the club have identified key areas of improvement and will strive to make sure they are met". I just don't beleive that for a second. 

10 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

123 pages of the same people being Rudkin apologists or others asking for accountability.

Might as well lock this thread as Rudders is a bigger part of the furniture than Filbert.

But this is just garbage isn't it. What I've asked for personally is accountability where it's due, and not just getting out pitchforks because you've decided John Rudkin is the one to blame. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
20 hours ago, Tommy G said:

This may be a reality however it shouldn't be - in my opinion and i think lots of others the club are accountable to the fans in the same way a publicly owned company is answerable to shareholders.

The reality is we're owned by a private family who don't like criticism but absolutely love praise and become very front and centre when things go well and hide when things go badly.

We deserve better.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This may be a reality however it shouldn't be - in my opinion and i think lots of others the club are accountable to the fans in the same way a publicly owned company is answerable to shareholders.

The reality is we're owned by a private family who don't like criticism but absolutely love praise and become very front and centre when things go well and hide when things go badly.

We deserve better.

Absolute nail on the head for me, much of the angst, frustration and finger pointing at all senior executives and the ownership, including Rudkin, is they are all very visible during the good times but as soon as things go wonky, the silence is deafening. 

I don’t think I have ever seen or heard Rudkin making any kind of quote, statement or comment. Given the situation around the club, maybe if he had an hour with BBC Radio Leicester where he could explain strategy and the reasoning behind certain decisions and situations then maybe just maybe it would help the fans better understand the challenges and direction of travel. 

At times it is easier to know the inner workings of North Korea than it is the club, that has created a real disconnect with the fanbase, a lack of trust and to some degree led to so much conjecture and rumour as to the current workings of the club etc. 

I am not suggesting 100% transparency to each and every decision, but some engagement explaining the failings of the last 2/3 seasons and what those financial implications potentially mean and how that impacts our short, medium and long term strategy might help start to the repair the damage and rebuild the trust and connection with the fanbase. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We deserve better.

The creation of a fab is meant to ensure execs, directors and owner will be confronted by those representing fans.  The fab isnt a voting body... yet the club seem to be attempting to micromanage the whole thing.  All the work todate needs rethinking.

Edited by foxinsocks

20 hours ago, Babylon said:

But this is just garbage isn't it. What I've asked for personally is accountability where it's due, and not just getting out pitchforks because you've decided John Rudkin is the one to blame. 

Exactly. If Doris turns up late with the tea loads on here would blame Rudkin.

Very few blame Susan and about 1% blame Top. The football side is Rudkin and Top. The financial side is Susan and Top.

But ultimately any major decisions are down to Top with a little influence from Rudkin or Susan or both.

26 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Exactly. If Doris turns up late with the tea loads on here would blame Rudkin.

Very few blame Susan and about 1% blame Top. The football side is Rudkin and Top. The financial side is Susan and Top.

But ultimately any major decisions are down to Top with a little influence from Rudkin or Susan or both.

I blame them all equally.

For the sake of the club every single one of them need to leave.

Sell the Club so we can become competitive again

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Selling the club won't make us competitive.  We are so far behind the rest of the prem. PSR rules stop you spending. We need other forms of revenue ie the ground expansion the arena and hotel to start with. Also realistic sponsorship deals not 2 or 3m from the owners.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I think you need to realise we aren’t a top 6 team. We overachieved massively for 5 or 6 years. 
We can’t just sell the club and get back into the top 6! 
If we stay up this season and consolidate further the season after, then that is what we are. 

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Absolute nail on the head for me, much of the angst, frustration and finger pointing at all senior executives and the ownership, including Rudkin, is they are all very visible during the good times but as soon as things go wonky, the silence is deafening. 

I don’t think I have ever seen or heard Rudkin making any kind of quote, statement or comment. Given the situation around the club, maybe if he had an hour with BBC Radio Leicester where he could explain strategy and the reasoning behind certain decisions and situations then maybe just maybe it would help the fans better understand the challenges and direction of travel. 

At times it is easier to know the inner workings of North Korea than it is the club, that has created a real disconnect with the fanbase, a lack of trust and to some degree led to so much conjecture and rumour as to the current workings of the club etc. 

I am not suggesting 100% transparency to each and every decision, but some engagement explaining the failings of the last 2/3 seasons and what those financial implications potentially mean and how that impacts our short, medium and long term strategy might help start to the repair the damage and rebuild the trust and connection with the fanbase. 

You’ve contradicted yourself a bit there. You say they are very visible in the good times, but silent in the bad times. 
Like you, I can’t ever remember hearing Rudkin in either good or bad times. I don’t have a problem with that either. 

Edited by Viva

Without doubt not *all* our troubles can be laid solely at Rudders door. 

That said it does not fill you with confidence that he is still in overall charge of scouting / recruitment / footballing strategy at a time when we expect to start the season with a (six points minimum) points deduction, need to build a squad capable of staying up (probably needing 50 points) at the same time as selling players to avoid a PSR breach for 2023-24.

Those issues would challenge the best DofF and if we are to crawl our way back as an established side in the prem that is what we need.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Viva said:

You’ve contradicted yourself a bit there. You say they are very visible in the good times, but silent in the bad times. 
Like you, I can’t ever remember hearing Rudkin in either good or bad times. I don’t have a problem with that either. 

We don’t hear from Rudkin in good or bad times but he was clearly visible at PNE away on the pitch celebrating. I just think given all that has gone on, relegation with the most expensive squad, impending penalties and PSR breaches, it would be good for him to be interviewed and shed some light and context on what has happened and most importantly how the club propose to navigate through these

potentially choppy waters

13 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

We don’t hear from Rudkin in good or bad times but he was clearly visible at PNE away on the pitch celebrating. I just think given all that has gone on, relegation with the most expensive squad, impending penalties and PSR breaches, it would be good for him to be interviewed and shed some light and context on what has happened and most importantly how the club propose to navigate through these

potentially choppy waters

Great call, but more chance of having an interview with Babylon.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
45 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Great call, but more chance of having an interview with Babylon.

Unfortunately we hear too much from babylon on this subject.