Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

Big week for the Club and in particular Rudders, Whelan or whoever it is that is leading the transfer negotiations.

Outside of the 25-45 mins against Spurs we have been flat / passive / lacking in cutting edge. It’s early days of course, but if we are going to gain enough points (40+ whatever you want to add for a points deduction) we still need a couple of quality additions to help out the industrious players.

We need a target man to trouble defenders, hold the ball up and link up play, a creative ACM and potentially an attacking left back.

The strategy to date worries me given we seemed all in for Soule and then spent 20-25 on Skipp. Skipp is a decent, steady player but different profile to Soule.  Where is the alternative ACM we desperately need, maybe the lad Khannouss is the one - have we still got the funds to do these deals?

Then under the current system Kristiansen is being expected to create. He brings energy but not sure he has the attributes to be the attacking force needed.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, lfu said:

"Report by Kate Thompson" There's a surprise 🙄

Any time fans are remotely anti-Rudkin (or anti-Rodgers in the past) her blogs may as well have been written by the club's comms director

I like the line about "elephant in the room" being the points deduction, seemingly not the total mess of our own making that the club has become😂

On 23/08/2024 at 01:27, EastAnglianFox said:

I have no idea what sort of person he is, I have never even seen or heard him talk.

Genuine question, do you think he understands and deep down knows that he really isn't liked, or is he the sort that actually does understand yet doesn't give a fvck?

I don't think he has a clue as the home support is so passive and shows little in the way of anger towards the board members. Rudkin should get absolute pelters but he doesn't and the fact he's still employed must show Top is happy with him, so as far he's concerned, he's doing a great job..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Mistakes have bedn made by different people in different positions, hence we are in the mess we find ourselves to be in now.

The same people over the years have also made some very good choices along the way giving us the successful times as well it shouldn't be forgot.

I don't think one person is to blame , everyone has a certain amount of accountability they should be owning.

That's why I struggle when Rudkin is made the scapegoat when more people are involved.

SW equally has played her part in the successful times but what I will say is as her own personal development has grown her commitments outside the club into other areas have also grown.

Now I'm not saying she doesn't still hold as vested an interest as she always had.

She is paid over £300,000.a year so is obviously still very invested but her time she has in the club has naturally reduced over a period of time.

Some decisions that havebeden taken therfore that may have been different coming from her when she was only focused on the club having more time to gather facts before decisionsare made. 

There have been times people may have felt undermined if she stepped in to make a final decision on something that she may have viewed differently in the past when fully focused on only Leicester City. 

So while Rudkin has an amount of accountability like others SW maybe needs to make a decision on which way her career goes and how much that includes our club.

All opinions and I'm not saying everything I say is right.

I'm just giving my 2 pence worth. 

Either way, it feels like  something needs to change to change the direction of our club. 

So basically the Rudkin out chants need to stop and be replaced with something more appropriate like sack the board.

8 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Mistakes have bedn made by different people in different positions, hence we are in the mess we find ourselves to be in now.

The same people over the years have also made some very good choices along the way giving us the successful times as well it shouldn't be forgot.

I don't think one person is to blame , everyone has a certain amount of accountability they should be owning.

That's why I struggle when Rudkin is made the scapegoat when more people are involved.

SW equally has played her part in the successful times but what I will say is as her own personal development has grown her commitments outside the club into other areas have also grown.

Now I'm not saying she doesn't still hold as vested an interest as she always had.

She is paid over £300,000.a year so is obviously still very invested but her time she has in the club has naturally reduced over a period of time.

Some decisions that havebeden taken therfore that may have been different coming from her when she was only focused on the club having more time to gather facts before decisionsare made. 

There have been times people may have felt undermined if she stepped in to make a final decision on something that she may have viewed differently in the past when fully focused on only Leicester City. 

So while Rudkin has an amount of accountability like others SW maybe needs to make a decision on which way her career goes and how much that includes our club.

All opinions and I'm not saying everything I say is right.

I'm just giving my 2 pence worth. 

Either way, it feels like  something needs to change to change the direction of our club. 

Great post and what I would say is that in no way do I think Rudkin should be the scapegoat, this is a collective clusterfcuk with a number of people carrying a degree of accountability. 

Top, Whelan, Rudkin. Rodgers and his staff all significantly contributed to our demise and the current mess we find ourselves in. 

The landscape of the game and the club has changed so much over the last 10 years and it feels like the club have just kept faith with the tried and tested, this has proven to be outdated and naive. 

Rudkin has so many roles within KP, we should have a 100% focused DoF not split across 3 or 4 other projects. 

In truth Top either needs to radically shake up our operations, bring in reinforcements or restructure so the people in the roles are fully committed and do not have other work based distractions or commitments or he needs to make some ruthless changes of personnel because the current structure and the people within it are no longer fit for purpose. 

The only other solution if he is not prepared to move with the times is to accept that this is perhaps no longer a viable business to run and sell up. 

We need freshening up this current regime is stale, and we need new ideas and impetus. Whether that is a changing of the guard or a freshening up of his senior management/exec team but something needs to happen quickly because the football operations and non football sides of the business are falling very short. 

• Like 1

So anyway Jon.

Do you really think by upgrading the arse end of our squad makes us a better team?

NO IT FVCKING DOESN'T  YOU FVCKING NOBHEAD.

The success of a football club is almost entirely about identifying quality players and appointing a good manager.

We've predominantly signed shockers over the last 8 years and, with hindsight, the fees and wages look awful. Nobody complains or gives credit for Mads, Fofana, Maddison, Maguire etc. 

Once the players are identified Rudkin and Whelan are tasked with getting the deal done and end up carrying the can for poor scouting. 

The saddest part for me is the division this has caused among supporters, I know the personal insults of those that dissent are a sign of the times but surely there's a more respectful debate to be had.

25 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

The success of a football club is almost entirely about identifying quality players and appointing a good manager.

We've predominantly signed shockers over the last 8 years and, with hindsight, the fees and wages look awful. Nobody complains or gives credit for Mads, Fofana, Maddison, Maguire etc. 

Once the players are identified Rudkin and Whelan are tasked with getting the deal done and end up carrying the can for poor scouting. 

The saddest part for me is the division this has caused among supporters, I know the personal insults of those that dissent are a sign of the times but surely there's a more respectful debate to be had.

And who is responsible for appointing the scouts? It's Rudkin. He's responsible for the football side of the club. And it's seriously failed over the last few years. So, the fans demand change. 

1 hour ago, Poznan34 said:

And who is responsible for appointing the scouts? It's Rudkin. He's responsible for the football side of the club. And it's seriously failed over the last few years. So, the fans demand change. 

I don't see the fans demanding change.

Only some here on Foxestalk that makes up a very small % of the fanbase that actually attend matches.

I think the vast majority will be oblivious to anything  going on behind the scenes at the club.

Fans demanding change suggests thousands upon thousands protesting and I don't see any of that. 

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Only some here on Foxestalk that makes up a very small % of the fanbase that actually attend matches.

I think the vast majority will be oblivious to anything  going on behind the scenes at the club.

Fans demanding change suggests thousands upon thousands protesting and I don't see any of that. 

Various loud and sustained anti Rudkin chants at Fulham

• Like 3

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Fans demanding change suggests thousands upon thousands protesting and I don't see any of that YET.

Sorted your post for you.

Manager after manager seem to have serious issues with the communication from the board. We have to take a look at the structure of the club and fix the obvious issues.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dobbylcfc said:

For me Rudkin and whealan both need to go Rudkin for identifying shite players like bertand soumare Daka ect and allowing players players like Youri cags nacho perez ect all to bugger off on free’s they should of been sold when they had 1 yr left some money is better than no money like I said a few pages back we’ve gone from a club that finds gems and sells them for huge profits under Steve Walsh snr to a club financially in the mess with multiple pts deductions hanging over our head.

Do you not realise that you have to take a punt on players.

I'll give you Bertrand, should never have touched him but I think that was more Rogers doing.

Soumare was being raved about as the next best thing. Just won the league with his team and classed as a great box to box midfielder. No one knew that when he crossed into the UK he was less box to box more blade to blade of grass.

Daka the same. Chelsea wanted him at one point, but who don't they want. You can't say that because they didn't work out here they were rubbish. Look at Perez who we signed from Newcastle. Great at Newcastle, shit here, great at whatever club he's at now and managed to get in the Spain squad.

On 25/08/2024 at 10:56, Pliskin said:

The contract was all but signed and fell down because of backroom staff issues according to OPA. There’s more and more rumours coming out that it was indeed because he wanted to bring his own DOF in with him. 

Imagine having the chance to be rid of the useless DOF you currently have, and replace them with a potentially better one, and refuse…………

It's why I just can't get properly annoyed anymore until we have new ownership. What's the point. Our luck has run out now.

The Fulham away games in 2023 and the weekend sort of sum up the situation around us now. 2023 was a hateful team who should've never gotten relegated but managed to thanks to a situation those at the top never bothered to fix. The weekend was just an honest but poor team. This is what we are now. This is decline. This is life under Top & Rudkin.

• Like 2