Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

Guest Chocolate Teapot
9 hours ago, Micky said:

Wait until the end of Friday.... You might see Rudkin in a different light.... ;)

No pressure John.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

The narrative that signing 4 players in a panic makes everything OK is laughable.

The squad has depleted in value, we've let players walk for free whilst other clubs get 10m plus for squad players and we've got about 5 under 21s who need to go and play.

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Yep other clubs do manage to do it. At the KP however, any time people do try to say/chant anything negative, the happy clappers kick off. Clubs a state all over including some of the fans. 

If our vocal fans are disgruntled enough to protest and want Rudkin out, why would they be bothered about some happy clappers kicking off? lol

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Yep other clubs do manage to do it. At the KP however, any time people do try to say/chant anything negative, the happy clappers kick off. Clubs a state all over including some of the fans. 

Last game of last season v blackburn l1 was very vocal and loud towards him.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

He's clearly out of his depth, but I'd love to know what he did well to get into this position. 

Acquired some interesting photo negatives?

"Midway through the second half, when the score was still 1-1 there were some puzzling chants about Jon Rudkin, including some rather unpleasant ones.  He is one of a team and I don’t believe should be singled out for a collective failure.  I hope he has a thick skin! "
https://foxestrust.co.uk/11083/its-too-early-to-get-despondent

Embarrassing (both the grammar and the sentiment). Who are these people?

• Like 3

On 26/08/2024 at 07:24, dobbylcfc said:

For me Rudkin and whealan both need to go Rudkin for identifying shite players like bertand soumare Daka ect and allowing players players like Youri cags nacho perez ect all to bugger off on free’s they should of been sold when they had 1 yr left some money is better than no money like I said a few pages back we’ve gone from a club that finds gems and sells them for huge profits under Steve Walsh snr to a club financially in the mess with multiple pts deductions hanging over our head.

Rudkin doesn't identify players; the scouts and head of recruitment do, with some influence from the managers also. Pointless moaning at him about players signed, focus on the bigger decisions of installing heads of recruitment suggested by the manager, a head of recruitment who had a track record of total failure. 

It's also pointless to moan about not selling players. You can't force players to go, or to sign contracts. You can't force clubs to make bids that are acceptable. Plus, our financial situation, which I don't put at his door but that of Whelan and Top, as they are the people signing off his budgets. Then impacted out ability to transfer in and out, as low offers to just get rid were of no benefit, as it doesn't give you the abiity to sign equal quality. 

As I've said a few times, there were failures all throughout the club. Which then compound and cause other issues down the line. It's a collective f*** up.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Rudkin doesn't identify players; the scouts and head of recruitment do, with some influence from the managers also. Pointless moaning at him about players signed, focus on the bigger decisions of installing heads of recruitment suggested by the manager, a head of recruitment who had a track record of total failure. 

It's also pointless to moan about not selling players. You can't force players to go, or to sign contracts. You can't force clubs to make bids that are acceptable. Plus, our financial situation, which I don't put at his door but that of Whelan and Top, as they are the people signing off his budgets. Then impacted out ability to transfer in and out, as low offers to just get rid were of no benefit, as it doesn't give you the abiity to sign equal quality. 

As I've said a few times, there were failures all throughout the club. Which then compound and cause other issues down the line. It's a collective f*** up.

Who made that decision ?

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Who made that decision ?

I'd have thought that was obvious, Rudkin. 

It's nothing I've not pointed out half a dozen times before (people remember what they want to). People get so stuck on blaming people for every little things and barely ever seem to discuss the bigger issues, which snowball into all the smaller issues. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'd have thought that was obvious, Rudkin. 

It's nothing I've not pointed out half a dozen times before (people remember what they want to). People get so stuck on blaming people for every little things and barely ever seem to discuss the bigger issues, which snowball into all the smaller issues. 

So it’s his fault then 

it wasn’t a secret within the industry that a certain HOR had sticky fingers and wasn’t for for purpose on that basis alone. 

Edited by st albans fox

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, st albans fox said:

So it’s his fault then 

At this point it's a game 😆

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So it’s his fault then 

What is? Appointing Congerton? Yes it's his fault, I literally just said that. 

But he doesn't pick the players, which the person posting suggested he did. 

Edited by Babylon

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The one I quoted you on replied to a post which didn’t do that - hence confusion on that particular point. 

See below 

35 minutes ago, Babylon said:

For me Rudkin and whealan both need to go Rudkin for identifying shite players like bertand soumare Daka ect and allowing players players like Youri cags nacho perez ect all to bugger off on free’s they should of been sold when they had 1 yr left some money is better than no money like I said a few pages back we’ve gone from a club that finds gems and sells them for huge profits under Steve Walsh snr to a club financially in the mess with multiple pts deductions hanging over our head.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The one I quoted you on replied to a post which didn’t do that - hence confusion on that particular point. 

See below 

"Rudkin for identifying shite players like bertand soumare Daka" :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

"Rudkin for identifying shite players like bertand soumare Daka" :dunno:

Misinterpreting again - sorry 

You’re right - he doesn’t identify them. I’m sure he could refuse to proceed on any particular player if he had large misgivings. 

fwiw, most on here were quite happy with daka and Bertrand seemed a no brainier for £4m per season for two years.  The damage done to him by covid could not have been foreseen. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

He's clearly out of his depth, but I'd love to know what he did well to get into this position. 

Nothing, sod all.

He was an average academy coach and director. The academy has improved since he took less of a role with it.

As DOF if he was half decent he would’ve been snapped up by another club by now, says it all. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Yes - he might not pick the players but HE agrees salaries and contract terms. Furthermore, he has sat back (and continues to do so) and let the Club sign a few Turkeys and I do not mean Caglar.  Rudkin’s DNA is, to some extent, all over most of the reasons for our demise, and failures. 

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Yes - he might not pick the players but HE agrees salaries and contract terms. Furthermore, he has sat back (and continues to do so) and let the Club sign a few Turkeys and I do not mean Caglar.  Rudkin’s DNA is, to some extent, all over most of the reasons for our demise, and failures. 

I'll say it again, and this came from people who worked here and was in the press and books etc. That used to line up the transfers to an extent and give costing outlines, and are the ones saying actually X player is better value than Y player etc. He's not a scout, he's not there to know the ins and outs of valuations around the world, people are employed to provide that information. And, we don't know the remit... did Vichai and in turn Top say "just get the players that are recommended", and they are told not to worry about costings.

Personally, in terms of "letting them sign Turkeys". I don't want anyone meddling, I don't want him saying no to signings or putting names forward. That's on the scouting team to suggest good players.

I just want him to do the due dilligence on the head scout and get the very best we can, not bend over backwards for a manager and get his mate in. I also want them to set a direction... eg. We want a focus on younger players with sell on value, and to focus on if we go down we have a talented team proven at that level, that might also stay up. And let the scouts do their job.  

We failed with Congerton and it has sowed many bad seeds. We let the manager have too much power with Rodgers and it's looking that way again under Cooper and we don't seem to have much of a direction in terms of signings and so far his "passing" ideal seems like bluster. I'm far more concerned about this big decision stuff. Rather than moaning about x or y player getting paid too much, when if they were actaully any good, people wouldn't give two hoots what they were paid.