Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sol thewall Bamba

Rudkin

8 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

I think you will find that when Jordan Agee came on there was about 15 minutes of sjj in being his name. There was couple of renditions of Rudkin out but mainly the Jordan Ayew song so where is the balance in that article 

Probably at the end where it says Rudkin in?

Honest question here, but which was the last transfer window we didn't seem short in a certain position?

Last season it was creative midfielder in both January and the Summer. This summer, it's CF.

Maybe the January before relegation even though it turned out to be disastrous?

I don't think we've had a truly succesful transfer window since summer 2020.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moseeds said:

I assume the plan is to try and get to Christmas in a somewhat salvageable state, assess PSR position, and go all in on a striker in January.

January is notoriously a difficult window to buy players.

Add that Rudkin can’t negotiate a decent fee - we’ve overpaid for Ayew (still wouldn’t have got him when signed Reid) and Skipp…..Okoli is a bizarre signing.

I despise our board/senior management so much right now.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, moseeds said:

I assume the plan is to try and get to Christmas in a somewhat salvageable state, assess PSR position, and go all in on a striker in January.

Too much credit being given. There was no plan, hence the late flurry this window - where leaving yourselves short is an inevitability.

28 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Why what has he done so far today to justify asking this question? 

Some chump on here said we'd see him in a different light by today. Still waiting to see.

23 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Too much credit being given. There was no plan, hence the late flurry this window - where leaving yourselves short is an inevitability.

I think to be fair, for balance, a lot of deals are being done late in the window and have been historically - not quite the hype of the old transfer deadline days on sky sports news but still done late. 

4 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I think to be fair, for balance, a lot of deals are being done late in the window and have been historically - not quite the hype of the old transfer deadline days on sky sports news but still done late. 

We have left this too late though and we've ended up paying above expected for some of what we have brought in. It's a better window than it was a fortnight ago but I still think this could've gone miles better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

January is notoriously a difficult window to buy players.

Add that Rudkin can’t negotiate a decent fee - we’ve overpaid for Ayew (still wouldn’t have got him when signed Reid) and Skipp…..Okoli is a bizarre signing.

I despise our board/senior management so much right now.

We do not really do January signings. 

1 hour ago, Iwebema said:

I know it's not all on Jon, but he is the director of football.

Now we have made some decent signings on paper, but with reporting now saying we won't be bringing in a striker, you have to start asking questions again.

All summer we have been out there stating we need a striker. We made bids for strikers and now we are settling on no striker and all the eggs are going in a an aging vardy and wingers who we might ask to play as a striker who have shown whilst they have assets to bring to a team...don't score goals.

Weve spent 80m so money was there to find one. You have to question why we've sanctioned Okoli and Ayew (especially when we had BDR) and not used that money to find goals.

El Khannouss and Skipp imo are 2 really good signings, we probably overpaid on skipp but potentially underpaid on El Khannouss, but as talent i think both are a decent profile of player.

I just cant believe anyone within the game would look at these attacking options and say, yep we are good. 

Maybe vardy can surprise us and find 15 goals but it's a hell of a risk. I'm just constantly baffled by some of the things we do.

Hopefully it's a bluff and we will do something. But we are legitimately going into a premier league season with

Vardy

And injured daka

Jordan ayew

BDR

As our strikers. Baffling. 

We never learn and just make the same mistakes over and over again! 

If Vardy gets injured which is highly likely due to his age. We are left with Ayew who is not a goal scorer! 

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Rudkin and Cooper huddled around a laptop in the Seagrave cafeteria. 

Boot up Football Manager 2024

Player Search > Filter:

• Transfer Listed
  • CF / ST
  • Premier League Appearances: >50 
  • Work Rate: >16
  • Sort by value Low>High 

Rudkin makes a bid for the the first player that comes up

Probably has 2 laptops, one running Stable Manager 2024 for KP Racing

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Rudkin and Cooper huddled around a laptop in the Seagrave cafeteria. 

Boot up Football Manager 2024

Player Search > Filter:

• Transfer Listed
  • CF / ST
  • Premier League Appearances: >50 
  • Work Rate: >16
  • Sort by value Low>High 

Rudkin makes a bid for the the first player that comes up

Goals: <5 per season

• Haha 3